Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

Does anyone really know Nick other than his screen name? I mean what does he work at or does he work at all? I know some of you really drink his Kool aid. He is doing good with the YouTube channel, getting good money of the pateron.
But has he proven that the money from sales is really being donated to charity? Or is he taking you for a ride. Jim Jones had some tasty Kool aid too. I don't think Nick is trying to scam anyone, but does anyone really know anything about him?
After a comprehensive phycological evaluation, background check and rectal exam it's our sincere conclusion that Nick Shabazz is just a guy that likes knives.;)

I just don’t understand this thread. There’s some objective things to rate knives on, but much of it is subjective.

The anger on this thread is just insane. I absolutely love Nick’s reviews. Do I agree on everything? Nope. He totally got wrong my favorite knife (Small Inkosi haha)... But brothers, come on, let’s separate disagreements on opinions and be able to still clink our glasses together.

Last edited:
Anyone that takes his own time to publicly review a product and the criticism it attracts, has my respect. Since I don't normally watch many reviews I made it a point to watch a few of Nicks reviews. I think he does a good first impression type review and I think he has a good voice for it. Good job Nick.

I just don’t understand this thread. There’s some objective things to rate knives on, but much of it is subjective.

The anger on this thread is just insane. I absolutely love Nick’s reviews. Do I agree on everything? Nope. He totally got wrong my favorite knife (Small Inkosi haha)... But brothers, come on, let’s separate disagreements on opinions and be able to still clink our glasses together.

A condom filled with legos, though. You gotta give props for the preparation that went into that line. :D

have overcome my distaste for east coast accents. One thing still smacks me in the gob, though, his use of "anyways" where "anyway"
I have to say I enjoy most accents and flavors from places other than where I live.
What is totally freaking me out is all the people I have been meeting that grew up in Texas who have zero accent . . . what's up widt dat ?

We had a guy working for use who was totally creeped out by British accents. I don't get it.
Not being able to listen to the Monty Python crew, Martin Freedman, Benedict Cumberbatch . . . gosh I could go on for a half hour listing people I really enjoy . . .

Being way out here in the Wild Wild West I find East Coast, Jewish (The Chef's boss) and especially Yiddish words to be fascinating and a break from the same old same old.

It is a shame all this is kind of disappearing . . . to be replaced by what . . . vocal fry.
Talk about something that drives me up the wall ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I was listening to an audio book today, a comedy, and the main female character/ actress had such a lovely and musical (British) voice !
Makes me want to carry the story around with me and when young, and not so young, women start in with the breathless frog caught in their throat sounds they call speech I want to stop them right there and say : Wouldn't you rather sound like a woman ? Then play them an example.
I'll take Brits and East Coast joyfully over this :

"Being way out here in the Wild Wild West I find East Coast, Jewish (The Chef's boss) and especially Yiddish words to be fascinating and a break from the same old same old."

So bubaleh, all of a sudden you're a maven for Yiddish? ;)

"Being way out here in the Wild Wild West I find East Coast, Jewish (The Chef's boss) and especially Yiddish words to be fascinating and a break from the same old same old."

So bubaleh, all of a sudden you're a maven for Yiddish? ;)
hahaha
I don't know quite how to take that.
hahahaha
But no, ever since I heard my first oyyyyy I was hooked.
It's cool stuff with a bit of humor in the face of hardship.

Hemingway's grace under pressure.

Last edited:
The entire phrase is "Oyy vey is meir" = Oh woe is me. I have grown up around it and it brings back some nice memories.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread :D

keeping my work and YouTube life separate
Hahaha
Who knows maybe that's a good thing.
Keep the mystery going there Nick.
Some times . . . unlike the trend of people wearing tights everywhere they go . . . leaving something to the imagination can be desirable.

it really makes me happy to see so many awesome people on this forum sticking up for a member of the community, even some folks that aren't fans but that are rational, mature and respectful human beings. I commented a few pages back and have been watching this thread as I had hoped it would be a lot of good, great and not so much bad and ugly...it has not disappointed.

Rock on Nick, you do you because no one else can!

I'm even more of a fan of Nick after reading this thread. He has shown a lot of class while subjected to a lot of criticism. Not sure I would be able to display the same level of calm and cool that Nick has shown here.

Does anyone really know Nick other than his screen name? I mean what does he work at or does he work at all? I know some of you really drink his Kool aid. He is doing good with the YouTube channel, getting good money of the pateron.
But has he proven that the money from sales is really being donated to charity? Or is he taking you for a ride. Jim Jones had some tasty Kool aid too. I don't think Nick is trying to scam anyone, but does anyone really know anything about him?

I would daresay that many of us know WORLDS more about him, than we do about a guy with three posts who seemingly seeks to denigrate Nick's efforts on behalf of the knife community.

Nick is primarily a reviewer -- any discussion that assumes differently is off base. Period.

Now, reviewers can either be entertaining or not. I don't care how meticulous or aligned with my preferences a reviewer is, if they can't keep my interest in a 5-15 minute video (or god forbid even longer), then they are failing. Nick is entertaining and his videos are well produced.

Next comes whether you agree with a reviewer. Let's face it... none of us always agree with any reviewer. Heck, if we look at our own reviews of products from more than a year ago, we would probably disagree with ourselves. End of the day, it really don't matter if you agree with a person, the question is, does a reviewer give you enough information to make your own judgement. In the case of Nick, I would say absolutely. I would also say that he is remarkably consistent in what he likes and doesn't like -- that makes it even easier to judge a person's assessment.

To me, a knife is for using; I don't have time for safe queens. Also, when it comes to actual use, most of us don't need a five inch blacked out tanto edge fixed blade. Praise-a-lujah for people who focus on 3-4" folders.

Nick, you have once again shown an incredible amount of grace and humility. Stay classy!

I really haven't watched but a couple of his reviews. One was on the Bugout, I didn't agree with every thing he said but still the review was good.
The other was on the Lionsteel Roundhead. I agree with him when he said he's probably not the right person to review slipjoints.

I would daresay that many of us know WORLDS more about him, than we do about a guy with three posts who seemingly seeks to denigrate Nick's efforts on behalf of the knife community.

The irony is that this 3 post account is someone's alternate account, which has since been banned for that very reason. I doubt they have the stones to log into their main account and come clean to their hypocrisy.

You know one of my fav selling points for Nick, above many other reviewers who chop wood in half? Nick has no love for Ganzo...:D yes I said it.

Back