Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

I'll admit, i can't get the slysz bowie out of my mind.
This guy has been devastating to my piggy bank.

I think Nick is fun to watch. I like him more than others BECAUSE of his annoying accent:). Nick, you have your work cut out to get me into watches. But, one of my favorite Nick quotes is "What kind of a monster only has 3 watches?!" I need one for me and my wife's first cruise (20 yrs of marital bliss:) )to have ship time though. I'm going cheap for the watch. I "need" that money for knifes!

Does he amuse you?
joe-pesci-goodfellas-720x720.jpg

That's exactly the image I thought of when I first heard Nick's voice. Sometimes I also pictured him the same but with a mustache.

Jim

Good! You should never take too seriously any one voice in a community, or frankly, any one community. At best, a reviewer's take is a single data point, who you might or might not agree with. So, despite not being a fan, you're doing it right!

This is legitimately correct.

I've bought and avoided knives based on your reviews. You seem to care about the same stuff that I do when it comes to ergonomics, features, and flaws. The fact that you talk for 30 minutes about a knife while simultaneously comparing it to other knives is hugely helpful for those of use that don't have access to stocked knife shops. The good, bad, and ugly section is great as well. I had a ZT 0456 in my cart before I watched your review on it, watched the review, then immediately removed it from the cart never to look back.

Now hurry up and do a review on the Spyderco Drunken so I can put that lust to rest ;)

Good! You should never take too seriously any one voice in a community, or frankly, any one community. At best, a reviewer's take is a single data point, who you might or might not agree with. So, despite not being a fan, you're doing it right!

There is a hidden genius in here. First, it’s correct. Second, it suggests a new direction for my channel. I will now go inflict severe psychological trauma on myself*, so I can be the first single reviewer to offer two points of view, by way of multiple personality/disassociative disorder.

#freshtake

*get into watches

Reading this in my Mississippi accent just doesn't sound right

Based on his videos I’ve seen and love for knives he’s a good guy in my book :thumbsup:

I said it before to Nick, and I am saying here again. Reviewers are people, and sometimes he (and others) annoys me with his "oh this is too big for my hands" "this is too stabby and murdery" "Everybody in the lunch room with dive for cover" but ultimately a review is a personal opinion, so nobody should ding him for it. He provides plenty of objective information that help with a purchase. In regards to his voice, watch "House of Wisdom" Reviews, talk about a voice I can't stand....sounds like a PBS Moderator talking about paint drying.

I said it before to Nick, and I am saying here again. Reviewers are people, and sometimes he (and others) annoys me with his "oh this is too big for my hands" "this is too stabby and murdery" "Everybody in the lunch room with dive for cover" but ultimately a review is a personal opinion, so nobody should ding him for it. He provides plenty of objective information that help with a purchase. In regards to his voice, watch "House of Wisdom" Reviews, talk about a voice I can't stand....sounds like a PBS Moderator talking about paint drying.
In short his voice is what makes Nick
Nick and his originality and genuine down to earth reviews I respect very much .

Nick Shabazz kept me from going insane when my back was super messed up. I was hurting so much the only thing I could do is lay on the bed and take serious painkillers. I set up my laptop to run Nick's reviews so I could listen while I was awake. Imagine drifting off to sleep listening to Nick's voice and then hearing his voice first thing when you wake up!

Hearing Nick's voice when your still half asleep is another issue. I wonder if that is why I now have stabby and murdery nightmares. My MD feels they will go away with time and maybe a little medication.

Seriously, Nick, your videos were a great help. Thanks.

His reviews definitely have a place in the world of YouTube knife reviews for sure. I don't always agree with him and I think we have very different preferences as far as EDC blades, but that doesn't mean I can't learn things from watching his reviews. He amuses me with some of the verbage he uses and while he doesn't generally use his knives in the review videos, since almost every other reviewer does, that kind of sets him apart. My one criticism would be that he sometimes takes his preferences and says that makes that particular portion of the knife bad, but overall, I think he provides a unique viewpoint and I enjoy most of his reviews.

Nick helped me take apart and reassemble a PM2 and a ZT 0562 over the past week... mucho mahalo, Nick! That darn PM2 "D" pivot portion had me going a little bonkers as I didn't know it was there...

Funny how on his reviews he is very revealing, albeit not his appearance as if one cannot see his face and live. We do have opportunity to be entertained by his wit and erudition about whatever is on his table. Thus we learn and can deduce our own opinion. Nick, you’re a gem. Have yourself just a wonderful day.

Back