Your regular EDC

Is there a knife that you have picked to be your regular edc? Like one you wouldn’t switch out for any other knife? And how did you settle on that particular one?

I have a rotation of knives that have caught my interest over the years, but I find that I most often reach for a Tiger Claw that I modified to fit my hand perfectly. I often carry a second, smaller knife, and again I choose ones that I have messed with to fit some specific function. It's idiosyncratic, but it works for me.

EDC: SpydieChef with horrible lock stick. (Have two of ‘em.)

Why: Blade shape & doesn’t rust.

Last edited:
Is there a knife that you have picked to be your regular edc? Like one you wouldn’t switch out for any other knife? And how did you settle on that particular one?
Remington RH-123 baby bowie knife is my edc knife. I settled on it due to it's multi purpose design and full tang blade for good penetration power for self defense.

My blacked-out combo edge Endura 4 has been in my pocket every day for maybe 4 months now. I have nicer knives with higher price tags and more premium materials, but the E4 does everything I need and it fits my hand perfectly. That said though, I’m toying with the idea of grabbing a blacked-out Millie and seeing how that bad boy works for me..

Zt0561, was one of the first higher end knives i ever got and helped peaked my interest in collecting. Carry it about 3-4 times a week and wouldn't sell, the price isn't worth the personal value to it. For fixed blade it's quickly becoming the Miller bros m27, great size and built like a tank. Small enough to edc but big enough for any task

It's usually either a Spyderco Shaman, a Benchmade Loco or an Emerson CQC-13.
I like leafy, wide blades.

1pKjq2t.jpg

Depends...
Work: usually a cf Spider Monkey (green liners)
Also, a SureFire Titan Plus and a Vinh modified MecArmy.
Not Work: usually a Reate K2, Buck 501 (green canvas micarta on s35vn), and a custom fixed blade. I'm much less consistent with my not work lights; but they tend to be larger and more powerful.

Periodically, I catch a wild hair & start changing things up; but within a week or two, I'm back to the above.

Last edited:
Like you I was into the "what's that 1 knife, the perfect knife to edc as I only need 1." Ha didn't last long that thought even though a novel idea especially if you have little more funds expected that month or year. I consider myself blessed to be able to rotate more than a few which is merely a factor of time, dedication to the hobby, lack of self control, possible addiction, allocation of funds, luck, etc (did I mention time).

Depending on the mood and social environment is how I'll usually choose between large or small carry....
For the Small they are : xm-18 3" , McGinnis mini exo, or Spyderco Techno 1
For the Large I'd run with: Umnumzaan, Surefire Delta, or Norseman Grimsmo
For the chill at home work around auto mood would rock: UTX-70, Dark Angel, or Protect Large Don

I try to rotate what I carry, but if I'm pressed for time or can't figure out what I want, I tend to default to my Benchmade 496 Vector. It's a nice thin hollow ground knife, with perfect ergonomics for me, plus it was a gift from my wife. Since it's been off for some warranty work, lately I've been carrying my mini-loco instead.

YituQ6z.jpg

Stockman. Always a "large" between 3 7/8 and 4 5/8 inch closed, or a 3 3/4 inch closed Sowbelly.
It is joined by others, usually a lockback (Buck 110 or Old Timer 7OT), or a two blade slipjoint folding hunter, and a 4 blade Scout/Camp/Demo knife, or SAK Huntsman.

Stockman. Always a "large" between 3 7/8 and 4 5/8 inch closed, or a 3 3/4 inch closed Sowbelly.
It is joined by others, usually a lockback (Buck 110 or Old Timer 7OT), or a two blade slipjoint folding hunter, and a 4 blade Scout/Camp/Demo knife, or SAK Huntsman.

I always get thrown off by these threads that mention, "EDC's". I always think of self defense. When talking about an EDC knife, I think of my primary self defense knife.
My CPK DEK1 will be my primary self defense knife. But I also carry a Buck 301 in one front pocket, and a Steel Warrior Stockman (in case someone wants to borrow a knife from me ;)) in the other front pocket. Then I carry my Gerber 650 on my belt weakside, and my Kershaw Launch 1 in a small leg pocket.
So I always have about 4 or 5 knives on me and at least one handgun.

Kershaw Atmos usually. Its inexpensive but performs well above its price point. Perfect flipper action, thin blade that cuts well and stays sharp. Sometimes an old AG Russell Spyderco Jess Horn though. Nice knife, cuts like a laser.
Also when outside a puukko such as a Marttiini Ilves usually goes with me. Just because....

My SAK 91mm Mountaineer, it covers majority of my daily tool needs and I could literally carry this knife/tool in most parts of the world, without worrying about the local law.

Back