Your regular EDC

Generally a Buck of some sort. Vantage, 112 or 110. I have numerous different versions of each, it really depends on what I'm wearing. When wearing jeans, I'll also toss a SAK in the watch pocket. I also use a Spyderco Cricket as a money clip, and all our keychains have a SAK Classic on them. Works for me.

Cold Steel Pro Lite Tanto! Its very robust, good size, doesn't rust, and it is rather inexpensive so I can use it without worrying about potential scratches etc. It's just a good and practical allround folder.

Remington RH-123 baby bowie knife is my edc knife. I settled on it due to it's multi purpose design and full tang blade for good penetration power for self defense.

Could you go into a little more detail about what features f that knife ore good for what purposes, please?

Full tang really has noting to do with SD penetration, the FS knife is proof of that.

My EDC is whatever knife I put on my person. I have enough to wear a different one every day, close to a years worth. constantly rotating your EDC teaches you how to use many knives for many purposes.

No.
The only monogamous relationship I have is with my wife.
I have and enjoy many knives. And I like it that way.

This about sums it up for me. But the three that get the most belt/pocket time these days are my DEK1 (virtually every day) and/or a Paramilitary 2 or Para 3. I prefer fixed blades, but if I need to carry a folder for some reason, I will carry one of the Para's. My other knives are pretty task specific and only get carried if I know that I am going to be doing that task.

My go to is the Mnandi. I wear suits for work and clip it in the watch pocket of my dress slacks. In jeans I just clip it on the pocket, I have the sheath but never use it. I feel the blade size is great balance based on the small overall size and weight. I have a small Sebenza and small Inkosi but prefer the profile and sleekness of the Mnandi. It is also very sheeply friendly and has been able to handle any task I have encountered.

Is there a knife that you have picked to be your regular edc? Like one you wouldn’t switch out for any other knife? And how did you settle on that particular one?

Only one EDC? I'm too ADD for that and a different knife a day keeps the shrink away :)

I have been carrying my bugout the most over the past year due to its diminutive weight. Amazingly solid and capable for weighing next to nothing.

I did just receive an endura in K390 today that I will be carrying for the short term starting tomorrow.

I have many choices when it comes to folders including higher end offerings(CRKs etc) but the bugout has been my go to for a while now.

We all know that it doesn't work for us to try to pick and carry just one knife, after about 3 days we would start looking at other knives. I've thought that I could pick just one knife and I have one that I've thought about, but I know that I have too many different knives to choose from.

Like other people, I do have a rotation of knives for EDC. I carry one for 2 or 3 or 5 days, then go to the next one. However half of my rotation is PM2 and half of my rotation is Manix 2. I could have just one of those as my one knife but after awhile I would be wanting to carry another knife.

qkW3Cukh.jpg

My blacked-out combo edge Endura 4 has been in my pocket every day for maybe 4 months now. I have nicer knives with higher price tags and more premium materials, but the E4 does everything I need and it fits my hand perfectly. That said though, I’m toying with the idea of grabbing a blacked-out Millie and seeing how that bad boy works for me..
If you can stand the extra weight (1 oz!), get the Recon 1 while you still can and save some money. Nice all purpose knife.

My regular primary edc has been a Benchmade Griptilian 90% of the time with a few others rotated in once in a while.
I also carry a smaller knife, a traditional or mini grip. Leatherman and flashlight on the belt too. Last year I bought some tacticool cargo pants with the dedicated knife pocket so my Cold Steel Black Talon rides there, no real utility purpose but I like it. Small Victorinox sak on the keychain. Firearm and spare mag when I go out.

At this point, I’d have to say I have two EDC blades. One or both carried at all times Fiddleback Forge Esquire and GEC 29. Both Osage.

At this point, I’d have to say I have two EDC blades. One or both carried at all times Fiddleback Forge Esquire and GEC 29. Both Osage.

Back