Your regular EDC

You know, it is amazing how many of us have hundreds or even thousands of dollars tied up in knives but carry a $25 SAK no matter what else we may carry.
Just like alot of folks who normally carry a medium/large frame handgun will just stick a snubby in their pocket for a short trip, etc.,.

Just like alot of folks who normally carry a medium/large frame handgun will just stick a snubby in their pocket for a short trip, etc.,.

Not me. I don't even check the mail without my G21. Always carry what you use and practice with the most. When the unthinkable happens, one will always revert to their training. And it may take you a second or two to remember that you are carrying a different handgun that you normally carry. That second or two could be the difference of whether you walk away, or be carried away.

Not me. I don't even check the mail without my G21. Always carry what you use and practice with the most. When the unthinkable happens, one will always revert to their training. And it may take you a second or two to remember that you are carrying a different handgun that you normally carry. That second or two could be the difference of whether you walk away, or be carried away.
Gotta love Texas

I carried an expensive William Henry for a long time. I decided to still carry something sort of Gentleman but a real knife. Now I carry exclusively a re profiled 940-1. If I were to pick a reason: the weight.

Warned for politics in wrong forum
Gotta love Texas

Yeah, I forget sometimes that not everyone has the same rights as I do. That's why I support a nationwide Constitutional carry - the way the 2A was and is meant to be.

Edit: And that includes carrying the knives we want to carry.

Last edited:
Sounds like a dangerous trip to the mailbox.

Sounds like a dangerous trip to the mailbox.

So far it hasn't been dangerous at all. I just like to be prepared, just in case. Do you know what every victim of violent crime has in common? They never thought that it would happen to them.
I do not like to take unnecessary chances.

Most people that carry will never need to produce their weapon in their lifetime. A Chief of Police told me that. Not sure if it is true. Chicago is weird. You can have concealed carry which also entitles you to any blade. Without that you are restricted to a less than 2 inch blade. No auto or flipper ETC. A OTF will get you in the same trouble as a unregistered Firearm. Well, think about it. The crime is crazy.

Knife laws have their own discussion forum, so does politics. Please avoid discussing those here and try to stay on topic discussing knives.

I'm still searching for a regular EDC that I wouldn't swap out for any other knife.

Until I find it, I'm gonna rotate through these hundreds of knives I got laying around here.

Benchmade Bugout is pretty close though. I think I carry it the most.

And I hate the scissors. I really like the scissors in the Gerber MP 600 or 400 though.

Give me a Cadet or Spartan for in my pocket and a multi-tool in the vehicle.

Not sure how you can "hate" the scissors. They are better then most surgical scissors and can cut things more safely and cleaner then any knife ever could dream of doing. Try trimming a nose hair with your Spartan, but to each their own.

I truly apologize. I did not see my post as law or politics. Although indeed it was. I am terribly sorry for breaking the rules. Even inadvertently. Now I have learned something. It will not happen again.
I am not sure what prompted me to engage in a tangent regarding a City, State in which I do not even reside. Look where it got me.

Back