YOUR sliciest folder?

I understand people’s definition of “slicey” may vary. To me it has a lot to do with thinness behind the edge and grind. What would you say is the sliciest folder you own?

Used to be these.

Slicers.JPG

Currently, this one.

Case3.JPG

Opinel no.6 in bubinga, this model comes mirrorpolished from factory.

Technically it would be my Wegner Evo I keep in my work bag. Of knives I carry and use, though, it might be my Böker Plus Exskelibur, a full hollow grind leaves it insanely acute behind the edge, and it kept on slicing cardboard like nothing when there was barely an edge I could feel on it. I guess that's one way to get VG-10 to perform well.

Once again i have posted before i've actually read the question. Well, everyone should have an Opinel.;)
At those prices... YOU CAN’T AFFORD NOT TO !!! :D

——————
Edit: Seriously though... an opinel and a mora should literally be hidden everywhere: multiple places around the house, car, garage, family and acquaintances’ homes, stashed along your morning walk...

Last edited:
These are all carried as a second knife in a sheath, along with a smaller traditional in the RFP. These are the best slicer/cutters of my sheath knives.
In order with the best on top.
fV5HJiI.jpg

The worst slicer/cutter I've ever owned. It could have been a nice knife but the combination of thick edge and saber grind ruined it.
cxJKTkV.jpg

I bought a WE Practic recently hoping for it to be a good, slicey edc (something a little more pocket friendly than a PM2). I have not been disappointed at all. Definitely a nice hollow grind slicer, and it has absolutely zero detectable blade play. :thumbsup:

Edit: I will at some point buy a nice traditional slipjoint though (Case/GEC). It's hard to beat them in slicing and some detailed tasks.

Edit#2: On second thought, my kershaw dividend might be the sliciest. (and yeah of course there's always the opinels in the collection)

Last edited:
Back