Your worst Bite

Laugh all you want, if it happens to you you'll be saying WTF for years.

My worst cut wasnt from steel or an animal. I was over at my friends place and needed to piss so I went to step in the bathroom. I stepped in and was going to flip on the light at the same time. As soon a my foot hit the floor I felt a REALLY warm feeling and I knew I had something stab my foot pretty good.

I instantly stepped back, POURED blood on the floor, and dropped a F bomb.

My friends brother dropped a glass glass (ha ha that looks funny written) on the floor and it shattered into a few large chunks. Rather than cleaning up all the glass when he broke it he figured he would clean it up after he got home from work...Too bad my foot found the glass first.

The cut was about an inch long and went in 3/4 of an inch into my foot. In the few second I was bleeding on the floor I must have had 6 ounces of blood pour out...I mean my foot was gushing blood.

I grabbed a roll of paper towels and some duct tape to fix my foot up. My GF didnt find it very funny when I called her on my way home and told her what happened. She was worried I was bleeding too much and need to go to the ER. I told her if I felt light headed I would pull over and call 911! :)

I ended up getting 9 stitches and not being able to walk for a week or so...

being young and dumb around 8years old I fell off a 8ft high chain link fence with 3 strands of 4 prong bar wire instead of just hitting the ground ,I decide to hang on for the ride end result a cut inbetween my index & pointer finger all the way down to my wrist ,grandma ,told me to quit crying ,cotton balls and black electrical tape and I was good to go play ouside again.I had to apply pressure to get the scar to show ...but I will never forget that...
IMG_2442-1.jpg

I've actually never been seriously bitten by any animals or knives, just a few small bites from cats and a couple small cuts from getting sloppy while dressing game. My sister, however, isn't quite as lucky. A horse bit her a$$ several years back, she could hardly sit on her butt for several days.

I've actually never been seriously bitten by any animals or knives, just a few small bites from cats and a couple small cuts from getting sloppy while dressing game. My sister, however, isn't quite as lucky. A horse bit her a$$ several years back, she could hardly sit on her butt for several days.

my sister got kicked by a mini horse. it was one of the funniest things i have seen in my life................my life!:D

When I was about 12 years old I was attempting to "drill" a hole in and old dog collar for a stray that showed up at the house. The next thing I knew, the blade had cut halfway through thumb and nail and my sister was near fainting.
Mom and Dad didn't find out about that one for YEARS later.:eek:

It's not a Rat or animal bite but it sure was memorable :eek:

I had had a few beers and it was very late (2 am) and I was whittling some wood at home with my Barkie Aurora which I had just sharpened to an atom splitting level. I had this brilliant idea that since I'm a left handed it would be a good idea to also be able to use a knife with my right hand. So I'm whittling away, doing fine, actually getting comfortable using my right hand when my brain farts and I slice the index finger of my left hand very deep with a gash that was probably 5/8 inch long. It was bleeding pretty badly but not profusely, so rather than just keep pressure applied I focused more on determining the damage I had done. So I inspected the wound and it didn't appear that I had cut anything like a tendon but I just wasn't completely sure. I still had full movement of my finger but just couldn't decide what to do. The trauma from the injury was making me very uncertain and nervous. In between stopping the bleeding, I kept opening the wound to look around. The floor had a lot of blood on it by now. I got up thinking I would wake my wife to get a second opinion and slipped in the blood and wrenched my back trying not to fall. On my way to the bedroom I fainted, the first time this has ever happened to me, and fell to the floor slamming my elbow and hip against the floor and wall. I don't think I was out for more than a few seconds but when I finally came to and started to get up I ended up projectile vomiting against the door to a closet and then stumbled into the bathroom to vomit some more. After the vomiting I splinted my finger with a coat hanger to keep the wound closed and wrapped it tightly in bandages and laid down on the couch. The bleeding was under control and I decided to just wait until morning and make a determination then whether to go to the hospital. The next morning it was really a coin toss and I decided to just deal with it at home but I was in a fair amount of pain for several days between my cut finger, the multiple deep bruises from fainting, and my aching back.

Sorry mate but the way you wrote I was laughing my head off! :D

For me I'd say my ex-wife, she just about cut out my heart.:(

But I guess that doesn't count....
As a child I lived in Africa and in Mozambique I was bitten by a dog on my right bicep.

I've been bitten by a few cats but nothing serious and never had a bad cut with a knife until last week.

I have a lanyard on the end of my Izula that got the best of me. I was watching tv when I got the bright idea to test the strength of the lanyard. I was pulling on both ends of the lanyard as hard as I could, when my hand slipped and yanked the knife out of the sheath. It pulled the blade across the tip of my index finger. The cut was so deep, it took a good 30 seconds for it to hurt. I ruined a shirt and got blood all over the floor. I probably would have gotten stitches but it was after midnight and didn't feel like going to the er. I got my girlfriend to tape a paper towel around it, and it healed nicely.

I know I'm an idiot

Many, many years ago, I worked at a deli in a local grocery store (at 15yo, which I know now was illegal) and I was the only person on duty that day. At the end of the day I was responsible for cleaning the deli slicing machine, which I had done many times over. In order to clean the deli slicer, I had to take it apart, which meant the guards that covered the blade. I turn the machine on (w/out the guards) to clean the blade, which I did with a wet towel while the blade was spinning. The someone called my name, I lost concentration of what I was doing and SNIP, quickly I lost the top ¼ inch of my middle finger. It was quick and very painless, but I knew I was bitten so I panicked. All I felt was a quick blunt pinch. Most of you all know about deli machines or have been to the deli and know what that machine is capable of. Well, 20 years later, I still have a scar around the top of my middle finger, which looks like a hat or a crown, to remind me of that day. That was my worst bite ever.
This is a good one too. My Dad used to work nights (12 or 16 hours/ 6 days a week for years) and come home to care for the house and lawn (when I was real young). He was cutting the grass with a riding lawn mower, and the grass was real wet. The mower blades were bogged down with the wet grass. He got off the mower thinking it stopped, and put his hand under the blade housing, to remove the accumulated wet grass (he thought the mower had stopped cuz of the wet grass). Well, he lost the tops of his first three fingers, and has no sensation in 4 of them. See the stupid thing we do!

Had a David Farmer custom on the table, just got done honing it, blade covered in militec, turned in my office chair, and my hand bumped the butt of the handle. It fell to the floor and lightly grazed the fleshy part of the back of your hand behind my thumb.

It was like a precision scalpel cut, blood everywhere. I instantly washed it out and put pressure on it. It sealed up in about 5 minutes. That isnt the worst part.....

I dont know if it was the militec I just wiped the blade down with or what, but for 3 or 4 weeks, the area around the cut kept geting infected, like little liquid filled bumps would come and go constantly, to make matters worse, im a mechanic.... I finally was pist enough that I scratched that mother till it was raw and bleeding, then douched it in rubbing alcohol, put steroid cream on it (from a previous rash), and it went away in 2 days....

Never put militec in a cut...

Well, if a pair of gas powered hedge trimmers don't count, then it would be a cat fish. I had a medium sized fresh water catfish put his dorsal pin through the palm of my hand when I was about 13 years old. Man did that hurt! :) I've handled all catfish since then very carefully.

FunnelWeb29.07.06.jpg

I was bit by some sort of funnel-web buliding spider while working in the jungle in southern Venezuela, bit in the knee cap, swelled up to the size of a melon and couldn't walk on it for a week; it sure did hurt, thank god for antihistamines and aspirin. The webs were like the one above, but about 3 feet high and 2-3 feet wide and I'd been breaking through them all morning, unfortunately I had forgotten my machete that day.

180px-Magendassel.jpg

Also bit by bot-fly carrying mosquito in Brasil, had a bot fly larvae in my neck, squeezed it out before it got too big to remove (mine wasn't as big as this guys http://www.break.com/index/removing-bot-flies-from-dudes-back.html)

A copperhead snake got me on my left shin. A fighting rooster spurred my 3 times and hung it's spurs in me that last time (hurt worse than the copperhead). Chicken snakes occasionally win and get a bite. Gotten seriously stung by numerous 3 inch long Amazon Saddle back caterpillars in the same night on an Amazon tributary. Stung by scorpions. Stung by Bullet Ants twice (now that hurt like a sumbitch - not the sting but the soreness after the sting). A carpenter shot a 16 penny nail through my hand with an air nailer. Stepped on two nails (both went through the center of my foot each time). Cut my finger off at a sawmill (the sewed it back on). Cut my toe nearly off with a hatchet when I was a kid......the list goes on.

Lost most of my upper lip (and some of my neck) to a mastiff. That was an interesting day. The plastic surgeon did a great job on my lip though, you can't tell much.

I was lifting a pound net, a very large fyke or trap net, used for catching commercial freshwater fish. They are essentially giant minnow traps with long lead lines and wings that guide the fish into the trap end which is a series of box hoops with openings in their centres. The fish swim from one box to the next and get trapped.

We had this pound net, with a 100 foot lead line and 45 foot wings set up in the Detroit River. I was an undergrad at the time. Actually checking the net was kind of like Christmas. You never new what you would get and with 80 species of fish there were plenty of surprises.

On this particular day, I was lifting the net, shirt off and it had three large snapping turtles. The trap in is quite heavy, I'm sitting their waist deep in the water, with another guy, lifting 100lbs of the net + fish into the boat to dump our treasure. As I'm doing this, a big 25lb + snapper, snakes his head out through the mesh and bits me right over the nipple. I'm looking down at this big snapper head latched onto my man breast with a 100 lb + net in my hands and thinking. Shit - this ain't good.

Fortunately, for me the snapper wasn't after the meat of me, he/she was just after some kind of purchase and when it decided that my nipple wasn't going to support it dangling in the air, it just let go. I breathed a sigh of relief. I did get teased about my turtle hickie from the guys for a good two months afterwards :D

Back