Your worst Bite

A copperhead snake got me on my left shin. A fighting rooster spurred my 3 times and hung it's spurs in me that last time (hurt worse than the copperhead). Chicken snakes occasionally win and get a bite. Gotten seriously stung by numerous 3 inch long Amazon Saddle back caterpillars in the same night on an Amazon tributary. Stung by scorpions. Stung by Bullet Ants twice (now that hurt like a sumbitch - not the sting but the soreness after the sting). A carpenter shot a 16 penny nail through my hand with an air nailer. Stepped on two nails (both went through the center of my foot each time). Cut my finger off at a sawmill (the sewed it back on). Cut my toe nearly off with a hatchet when I was a kid......the list goes on.

damn jeff...but did you ever get an episiotomy?:D:p

A copperhead snake got me on my left shin. A fighting rooster spurred my 3 times and hung it's spurs in me that last time (hurt worse than the copperhead). Chicken snakes occasionally win and get a bite. Gotten seriously stung by numerous 3 inch long Amazon Saddle back caterpillars in the same night on an Amazon tributary. Stung by scorpions. Stung by Bullet Ants twice (now that hurt like a sumbitch - not the sting but the soreness after the sting). A carpenter shot a 16 penny nail through my hand with an air nailer. Stepped on two nails (both went through the center of my foot each time). Cut my finger off at a sawmill (the sewed it back on). Cut my toe nearly off with a hatchet when I was a kid......the list goes on.

And people go to you for survival instruction :eek: ...:p

Well experience is the best teacher, I hope to learn it second hand.

Laugh all you want, if it happens to you you'll be saying WTF for years.

This happened to me on the Fox Chain of Lakes in Antioch, Illinois. We were about back at the SP launch in the river one moonlit evening and decided to cast off some surface baits. (We had been on Channel Lake musky fishing earlier)
Bizarro 40 minute ordeal starts...... thought I had a muskie or pike then the pole was going UP! Took a minute to figure out what was happening..

An Owl had swooped down from the big dead tree by the launch entrance and picked up a my jitterbug surface bait (with fireline on the spool).

It kept flying away but I got it to drop into the cattails about 5 times, each time closer to the water. Finally it dropped into the water, no doubt very tired as was I, and i dragged it to the boat with my buddy holding a spotlight on it. It used its wings to stay afloat as I dragged it to the boat. It was screeching like something unholy and turning it's head (had bat-like ears) 180 degrees as it did. My buddy put on leather gloves and his coat and looked at me and said, "No matter what it does, you have 30 seconds to free the line and lure and then i'm letting go" and he then grabbed it's legs and kind of held it almost upside down but not quite and started counting out loud. It's claws, which were as long as my fingers, were tied together by the fireline and triple treble hooks. It kept screeching at us then stopped when i started cutting line and snipping hooks. (I was like Edward Scissorhands trimming hedges) It was as if it knew what we were doing. I'd say the wingspan was at least 60" and it had pointy ears.
Got the line cut and all three treble hooks untangled or cut (not one hook point pierced anything, was just tangled with the line and around it's legs). My buddy let go and it kind of swam back to the cattail edge where there was just a tiny patch of ground. Waited about 10 more minutes with the light off and it took flight and dissapeared like a $100 bill on Bladeforums.

We were both feeling really good that it wasn't hurt and that we were able to free it from the line and hooks.
After we got the boat loaded up and tarped, we went to leave and were stopped at the SP office where the friendly SPR gave us a $75 ticket for not being out by posted closing time. We explained why we were late to him and he just said, "Never heard that one before but you still need to mail in that $75, have a nice night". :grumpy:

About 5 years ago our Doberman bit me by accident. She got into it with our border collie (the collie started it). The Border Collie and I were napping in a tent when the Doberman peeked in. Border Collies can be just as protective and a stare down ensued. Within seconds it was a full blown brawl and I always fear for the smaller dog when it happens so I tried to stick my arm in to break them up. The Doberman was ready to take a chomp but got my left hand instead of dog. At the same time my wife was grabbing her hind legs to pull her out of the tent door. The pulling combined with the clamping of Doberman teeth effectively stripped my pinky finger down to the bone on the top and bottom as well as leaving a few punctures in the meat of my palm.
There's no doubt that she let up after realizing who she'd bit, otherwise I'd probably have one less finger. We had no first aid supplies at all and were planning on staying one more night. Needless to say we packed up and got out before dusk. I'll never forget the sunset as we were leaving the trail head parking lot. I don't know if it was a combination of lost blood, altitude and adrenaline or what but it struck me as awe inspiring.
Still have the scars to preserve the memory.

my old man had a schrade old timer hunting knife,i cant remember the model for the life of me all i can remember is this:it had a short blade,a nickel silver guard,a long handle with sawcut delrin scales,and was sharp as hell.i was about 3 or 4 and i was playing with this knife.yes like most of you i started young lol.somehow i ended up slicing my finger open so wide i could see the bone in my thumb.it scared the hell outta me,my mom called my aunt who was a nurse,and she told my mom to hold my hand under cold running water and apply pressure for about five minutes.after that it closed up fine and with no stitches or hospital visit.i do have a messed up thumbprint on my left thumb.

I was attacked by a rooster when I was around 5. Later that year I had my buttcheek closed in the the leaf of a table when I was sitting on it if that counts. That was a rough year.

Pretty soon someone will claim to hae been on a space ship and a creature will come out of their belly....

well...it was no PELICAN!!!:p but i had a similar incident with a sea gull. i was fishing under some birds for specs and one of those bastards dive bombed my lure as it hit the water. I had to literally reel that thing in like a kite and it was PISSED! After being bit about 15 times i finally got it free and ended up catching my limit of trout in the same spot!

When I was 5 I spun myself dizzy, then tried to walk and split my head open on a wooden rocking chair....does that count?

I've been keeping and breeding all kinds of snakes (no venomous though) for most of my 41 years, so I've been bitten many, many times. Probably the worst bite was a 10 foot reticulated python that just popped my hand and let go immediately. She hit me so hard though, that the bone in my finger was sore for months. Then there was the time I had an 8 foot burmese python mistake my left hand for a nice juicy rat and wrapped my arm up. Still have the scars from that one too.

I also used to work in a pet store and took care of all the fish. Ever been stung by a lion fish? I have...not fun. But I did learn from the ER doctor that the key to treating most envenomations by marine animals is heat. Put hot water or a hot compress, as hot as you can stand, on the site and the heat actually breaks down the proteins in the venom and the pain goes away almost immediately. At that same pet store I also did all the beak, wing and nail trimming on customer's parrots. Actually trimming the birds wasn't too bad, but often I was the one who had to hold them while someone else trimmed them. And of course, in order to hold them you first have to catch and restrain them and two of the worst scars on my hands are from Amazon parrots, one Blue Crowned and one Yellow Naped. The Yellow Naped put his upper mandible right through my left index finger, hit the bone and came out the bottom. Yeah, he DEFINITELY needed a beak trim!

Oh yeah, a couple of years ago I got hit by a man-o-war while surfing. Did you know man-o-war venom can actually remove the hair from your legs as well as cause excruciating pain?:eek::D

I've been keeping and breeding all kinds of snakes (no venomous though) for most of my 41 years, so I've been bitten many, many times. Probably the worst bite was a 10 foot reticulated python that just popped my hand and let go immediately. She hit me so hard though, that the bone in my finger was sore for months. Then there was the time I had an 8 foot burmese python mistake my left hand for a nice juicy rat and wrapped my arm up. Still have the scars from that one too.

I also used to work in a pet store and took care of all the fish. Ever been stung by a lion fish? I have...not fun. But I did learn from the ER doctor that the key to treating most envenomations by marine animals is heat. Put hot water or a hot compress, as hot as you can stand, on the site and the heat actually breaks down the proteins in the venom and the pain goes away almost immediately. At that same pet store I also did all the beak, wing and nail trimming on customer's parrots. Actually trimming the birds wasn't too bad, but often I was the one who had to hold them while someone else trimmed them. And of course, in order to hold them you first have to catch and restrain them and two of the worst scars on my hands are from Amazon parrots, one Blue Crowned and one Yellow Naped. The Yellow Naped put his upper mandible right through my left index finger, hit the bone and came out the bottom. Yeah, he DEFINITELY needed a beak trim!

Oh yeah, a couple of years ago I got hit by a man-o-war while surfing. Did you know man-o-war venom can actually remove the hair from your legs as well as cause excruciating pain?:eek::D

You win, bro. You need to just go ahead and shoot yourself! :D

I was attacked by a rooster when I was around 5. Later that year I had my buttcheek closed in the the leaf of a table when I was sitting on it if that counts. That was a rough year.

lol....i probably wouldn't have admitted that.

Pretty soon someone will claim to hae been on a space ship and a creature will come out of their belly....

well.......i was in a hospital and i DID have a creature come out of my belly. 3 times! Does that count?:p

welll birds are just friggin evil! i dont like birds. maybe you should stay away from animals in general though! :p

Monitor lizard punctured my big toe.
Jelly fish.
Also tried to shave arm hair with the serrated bit of a CE blade. Now I have 3 neat parallel lines on my arm.

When I was in first grade, I was wrestling with another kid (professional wrestling being what it was in the early 80's), when another kid rode by on a big wheel that had a bolt head sticking way out of the rear axle. Thing went into my head and gave me a big gash above my hairline. It didn't hurt at all. I was fine until I felt heat running down onto my neck. Lots of blood and 12 stitches later I was as right as rain.

I had a job as a chemistry lab rat at the local university right out of high school. One day I was working a glass tube through a rubber stopper. Something I had done a bunch of times. The glass must've been real old and brittle. I hear a snap and my hand goes flying downwards, hitting the stopper. I take a look at my hand and see real nasty, jagged slashes across three of my fingers. So I do the only sane thing to do. I clean my blood off the floor, run my hand under water for a few seconds and ask a grad student for some wax sealing tape so I can get back to work. Dude freaks out and almost passes out. The Prof comes in and tells me I have to go to the infirmary. So I wrap my hand in a huge wad of paper towels and walk across campus to the infirmary. By that time, the huge wad has become a saturated bloody mess. I get to the infirmary and they ask me for my student ID. I tell them I'm not a student, but I can give them my driver's license. they tell me they can't treat me since I'm not a student and that I have to go to the hospital. I tell them I'm not going to the hospital and that I'm going to sit in the middle of their waiting room and bleed until someone takes care of me. I proceed to sit and bleed. After another 5-10 minutes one of the nurses comes to her senses, brings me to a room and tells me "look, I can't treat you, but there's betadine over there, gause over there, etc...I'm going to shut the door now and you can do whatever you want". A little betadine, gause and tape later, and I was good to go. I went back to the lab, and the prof told me to get the heck out and take the rest of the day off.

You win, bro. You need to just go ahead and shoot yourself!
Ha! Look who's talkin'!!:p

What is a RAT post without pics!

DSCN1566.jpg

DSCN1572.jpg

Machete- 24" Latin cold steel POS.

DSCN0758.jpg

DSCN0768.jpg

ciliatusmay9n1020008.jpg

Copperhead- code name "Nippy" or re-capture number 1123

. Then there was the time I had an 8 foot burmese python mistake my left hand for a nice juicy rat and wrapped my arm up. Still have the scars from that one too.

I know that feeling, I had a boa that was 7 feet when she missed. I had to pry her off while my roomate was taking pics, all while I was in my boxers. The wild burms barely hold on when they bite. The do a quick release.

00409131.jpg

UGH!
A 8 foot Siamese croc nailed my left arm but he did not roll. I was working at Clyde Peeling's Reptiland in 1991.

Back