Your worst dreams.......

Walking Man

BANNED
My worst dreams always have bugs in them.
Lots of them....
especially spiders and maggots. (and some ants last night too, but they weren't the worst)
Really horrible stuff that really bugs me.
I guess I don't like bugs much.
So what's in your worst dreams?
(let's try to keep this out of W&C, please)

work dreams are my worst.

I'm a chef...all of a sudden the dining room is the size of a wal-mart...and everyone comes in at the same time...I'm cooking by myself and the waitresses are bitches...they grill is huge and not lit...the range is like 40 feet long with 20 burners....on and on.

Then I wake up and have to go to work.

I rarely suffer nightmares anymore. If I do have a nightmare it's because I've kicked the covers off on a cold night. The nightmare wakes me up so I can pull up my blankets. Then I turn over and go back to sleep.

The nightmares usually come in the form of me being atop a very tall unstable vehicle which makes a hard turn, with the inevitable fall approaching. It's come to the point I can generally recognize these dreams before the actual "falling" sensation, and wake up and rememdy the lack of covers.

I can't remember the last time I had a bad dream that wasn't cold induced.

Dave

My worst recurring dream: I am in a large hotel, and for some reason am walking nude through the lobby. When I become aware of this I try to act inconspicuous and go back to my room. I can't find the room! I am wandering halls, riding elevators, etc. looking for my room and my clothes.

I never have all-out nightmares involving, snakes, bugs, monsters, etc.

A close second place: I am on a college campus with midterms tomorrow.
For some reason I have not been to class, have not even read any material, and am totally unprepared. I am in a panic because I am going to ruin my 4.0 GPA, and it is too late to drop the classes. It is always a relief to wake up and realize that it was just a dream, I had finished college long ago.

I'm out drinkin' with someone and he start's croonin' New York, New York when I can't take it anymore so I shoot in the head, as I roll him over and lift up the hat I'm hoorified to see I've shot Frank Sinatra :eek: .

I don't have many nightmares, as far as I know. I seldom remember my dreams. I used to have nightmares as a kid, often involving heights. I've got a nasty fear of heights.

One nightmare that I do remember distinctly, that I've had a couple times over the last ten or fifteen years, involves me being back in high school. I forget the combination to my locker, which has my class schedule and books in it. I just walk around asking teachers if this is where I'm supposed to be, and then get reamed out for not having my books. The situation is horribly embarrassing. Pretty messed up stuff.

I dream I am back in college sometimes. I am in class unprepared and totally clueless. The professor calls me out and makes a fool of me. Based on actual events. I hated school.

From "Real genius"

Mitch: The weirdest thing just happened to me.

Chris Knight: Was it a dream where you were where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Mitch: No...

Chris Knight: Why, am I the only one who has that dream?

I hardly ever have nightmares, at least not since I was a kid. I don't think I get enough sleep to get to nightmare stage. If I did get nightmares, it would involve the 2008 Presidential election and Hillary Clinton being sworn in. Now, that's a real nightmare!

Buzzbait said:
I don't have many nightmares, as far as I know. I seldom remember my dreams. I used to have nightmares as a kid, often involving heights. I've got a nasty fear of heights.

One nightmare that I do remember distinctly, that I've had a couple times over the last ten or fifteen years, involves me being back in high school. I forget the combination to my locker, which has my class schedule and books in it. I just walk around asking teachers if this is where I'm supposed to be, and then get reamed out for not having my books. The situation is horribly embarrassing. Pretty messed up stuff.

Dang, that is freaky!

No BS, I have had that same dream more than once. Same thing, not knowing my schedule, forgetting my locker combination, no books. Then I go to my classes and am totally lost during the class.

We musta went to different schools together...

Glenn

glennbad said:
We musta went to different schools together...

Maybe not, but we live in the same town, only different ones. You live in Hudson, NH. I live in Hudson, NY.

I have to include myself in those who don't suffer from nightmares but rather those annoying situational dreams:

1. Lose car and spend all night looking for it.

2. Am back in high school attending a class I skipped all semester.

3. Am returning to college (after 25 yrs.) to pick up stuff I apparently left behind.

4. Climbing up a mile high tower made out of 2x4s which sways 6 feet in all directions.

Those high school dreams with locker combinations, skipped classes, etc; make me wonder how I ever got through it :eek:

I have a recurring dream that involves Ashes, baby oil, and boat. ;) :D Anyone know what it means? :confused:

the last bad dream i can remember went like this

a lil girl was riding in a sack on the side of an elephant (this whole thing takes place in black and white stop motion animation you know like rudolph the red nosed reindeer movie) anyway this big saw blade comes by and cuts the lil girl in half at the waist and then shes alive on the ground and she starts screaming and beating on her lower half like shes extremely angry at it for some reason, dunno why. anyway that one freaked me out. oh wait theres more to the dream but this part was nice.

These two lesbo chicks were on an island in the san fransisco bay( i knew it was that bay cause the golden gate bridge was in the background) they were maiking out and gettin into it realy heavy when this big whale ( it looked like a bluew whale) jumped over the island and the water that came pouring off of it made the two chicks wet and thats pretty much all i can remember.

I have no idea why these two parts of the dream are related. maybe it was 2 dreams in one night anyway yeah thats the last one i can remember.

I don't have real nightmares, but I often have dreams about things that could be scary but are actually kind of cool when they're happening.

Sometimes I dream about really bizarre undersea animals, like I'll go in a building and there will be huge, towering aquarium tanks with enormous creepy things in them just pushing against the glass. Or I might be in a submarine in an underground river seeing all these abnormal animals.

I think that I got these dreams from reading a passage in the book "The Color Out Of Time" by Michael Shea. I just dug it out of my closet and transcribed it:

"It was a sensation one might have if, walking in a public aquarium between bright tanks on a sunny Sunday, he suddenly found the light growing less, the tanks vaster, dimmer, with ever more gigantic submarine brutes swooping near the glass. The way steepens, and narrows, and the gay crowd grows haggard, dark, becomes a throng of mad-eyed, infernal victims while immense multibrachiate shapes - shell encrusted, big as ships - boil and writhe against the puny glass."

Thanks a lot, Mr. Shea. :)

My only fear on Earth is spiders ! I hate them to pieces.... and I often dream of them but that doesnt scare me in the dream , the bad dreams I have usually involve family.. and I adore my family.. hmm
On a side note when I was kid I dreamed a lot about a ugly scary witch that would chase me and one dream I was riding a bike down a dark hall she was chasing me and I rode it outside and then went up in the air where she couldnt get me , since then I havent dreamt of the witch.
I have had several dreams about the end of the world , those were really vivid and wierd. I have had pretty scary dreams about jets crashing and I can hear the people onboard screaming..

You know that the thing is.
I have greater fears than bugs......
I don't even hate bugs that much. I'm not afraid to touch them,
but I do think they're creepy.
I don't know why I don't dream about anything worse,
but I guess I should be glad that I don't.
I have had the following nightmares recurr in the past:
1) fear of heights. (I'm well over that now, I think)
2) In school, I would have a dream that I just woke up and missed an important class or a test. The weird thing is that I would dream that I woke up, that's what it made it such a real dream.
:eek:

I have not had any sort of bad dream since 4th grade when I constructed and hung up one of those native American dream catchers. I'm not saying the dream catcher caused this, but I haven't had a nightmare in about a decade.

Worst one was when I was 10 or 11... monsters were trying to get me and then I fell off a cliff and splatted on the ground below.... OW, that HURT! then I woke up in my own bed but then nobody could see or hear me (guess I was a ghost).
When I really woke up the next morning, I found myself under my bed (I really did fall off a cliff onto a linolium floor ^-^)

I absolutely LOVE nightmares. I wouldn't want to live without the occasional deep sleep horror shows.

I go to bed at 11:45ish, wake up at 5:30, shower, finish homework, go to school, get home, do more homework, (recently I've had to go to drivers ed for 2 hours after school), try to fit something fun in, go to bed, wake up etc. And a lot of times I'm absoultely miserable- cliff jumpingly rotten. But then I have a nightmare. A gas line blows, a car accident, a pet dies, a family member dies, I lose a limb, I do something embarrassing etc. Then I wake up; it never happened. There is no feeling better than realizing that you DIDN'T really just get stabbed, shot, exploded, or otherwise victimized. It makes your day seem relatively great! Quite a relief :)

I'd have to say that the worst one was that my grandmother's house had two big tanks of some sort of flammable gas leaking in the basement, and I had to carry her out before it blew, and I got her out but realized that the rest of my family was inside and before I could go back in KABOOM. Then I woke up. :cool:

Back