You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
cfdf86_1659324.jpg

With all the BG talk it reminded me of the two products next to each other I found in Walmart. Seems fitting for this conversation.

Jeremy

Have yous guys seen or beer up here in the Pacific north west? So many micro brews up here.

Oh yeah, micros are out of control right now everywhere. My buddy at work is starting to grow his own hops to cash in on local demands.

The contents of one box:

IMG_20141217_144835-small.jpg

Followed by the contents of one beer:

IMG_20141217_181929-small.jpg

Personally I like bear grylls, he's not my favorite but I do like him

And I participated in a gift exchange on the esee forum recently, and my gift came in today, I got an emberlit, and man do I like, I've been wanting one for a long time

I wonder if you could boil leather and press it like kydex for sheaths. Like leather teklok compatible riveted sheaths Hrmmmm

Personally I like bear grylls, he's not my favorite but I do like him

And I participated in a gift exchange on the esee forum recently, and my gift came in today, I got an emberlit, and man do I like, I've been wanting one for a long time

Emberlits are awesome. Love mine.

I wonder if you could boil leather and press it like kydex for sheaths. Like leather teklok compatible riveted sheaths Hrmmmm

Hot water gets leather extremely malleable. I've only made a couple sheaths in the past, but that is how I did it. I just used hot tap water. I think next time I make one, I will use some hot wax to seal it up.

I most certainly think you could, but the curing time is a lot longer for leather.

Hot water gets leather extremely malleable. I've only made a couple sheaths in the past, but that is how I did it. I just used hot tap water. I think next time I make one, I will use some hot wax to seal it up.

The reason i was thinking boiled leather was it hardens the leather making it tougher. A good quality for something keeping steel from flesh. Like Cuir Bouilli armor.

:thumbup: Thats just awesome!!

On another note i got the sheaths in from Julio, who did a great job! Now im getting them packaged up. They will be headed to new owners by Monday at the latest. Some have already been boxed up ready to go. Ran out of boxes :rolleyes:.... got more on the way though.

16046147355_bd27ac46fb_z.jpg

The reason i was thinking boiled leather was it hardens the leather making it tougher. A good quality for something keeping steel from flesh. Like Cuir Bouilli armor.

Oh yes, I think it would work very well. Doing it with the wax process seals it very well and it will last a long time.

On another note i got the sheaths in from Julio, who did a great job! Now im getting them packaged up. They will be headed to new owners by Monday at the latest. Some have already been boxed up ready to go. Ran out of boxes :rolleyes:.... got more on the way though.

damn. I'm envious of those recipients.

To a certain extent soaking leather with hot paraffinwill do this--I wouldn't be making an upside down shoulder rig, but it does lock pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back