You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is wonderful news indeed Dubz. Made my day actually.

Thanks man, appreciate it. It's kind of funny, but when the people were going over all the stuff with me, a former co-owner walked in, and just sort of hung his head down, haha. 'Twas great indeed.

I've worked my butt off at the same place for the last 14 years. It's been pretty much a thankless job, with no benefits, and mediocre pay. A new corporation is buying my employer out. My 14 years of service there, is being counted as 14 years of service to the new owners. Therefore, starting at the beginning of the new year, I have 3 weeks paid vacation coming (4 in 2 more years) , health insurance, retirement plan, 401k, sick days, bereavement days, personal days, etc. All my hard work is finally going to pay off.

Great news. Glad to see good things happening to good people.

Thanks man, appreciate it. It's kind of funny, but when the people were going over all the stuff with me, a former co-owner walked in, and just sort of hung his head down, haha. 'Twas great indeed.

did you kick him in the 'nads and take his portion of the buyout? I hope that guy lost money on the deal. He should have to make 14 years worth of matching contributions to your new 401k all at once as part of the contract.
Congrats for you! I hope it becomes a much nicer place to work.

I've worked my butt off at the same place for the last 14 years. It's been pretty much a thankless job, with no benefits, and mediocre pay. A new corporation is buying my employer out. My 14 years of service there, is being counted as 14 years of service to the new owners. Therefore, starting at the beginning of the new year, I have 3 weeks paid vacation coming (4 in 2 more years) , health insurance, retirement plan, 401k, sick days, bereavement days, personal days, etc. All my hard work is finally going to pay off.

I couldn't be happier for you Dubz, I know its been a struggle for you. So, hearing this news makes me very happy. Good for you.....you deserve it...........its got to see good things happen to good folks, the cabin, the job, glad things are headin in the right direction!

I'm sure you appreciate the efficiency of this system upgrade as much as I do!

:D

Got a Christmas card from Trade and Miss Kay yesterday. Thank you very much! :thumbup:

JT that hat is epic! Tell me you are using your CS shovel while wearing that!

It's not me... in fact I don't even know who it is. Another friend shared the pic on FB and I just thought it was funny :)

My 14 years of service there, is being counted as 14 years of service to the new owners... All my hard work is finally going to pay off.

Excellent news! Too often the people with the most service and experience get screwed when new management comes in... the quickest way to "boost profits" in your first year is to dump a bunch of people at the top of the scale and bring in some wet-behind-the-ears punks who'll work cheap. It looks good on paper at first, but never seems to end well. Glad to see these folks are looking at it a bit more wisely/long-term. :thumbup:

Want to share something with yall as I had originally shared here when I started awhile back...

:thumbup:

Shitty cell phone pic granted, (and there will be more detailed pics on my subforum and FB) but I'm 100% excited tonight. I just finished everything I needed to finish for Christmas. These are all local pickups or shipping pieces that don't need to be there before Xmas. Anyway, this is what I HAD to have done before the end of the year. So, today was a huge weight off of my shoulders. Think im gonna take the rest of the year off, ............. by the way. December 2014 was the record setting month as far as production for T.M.Hunt knives.........things are lookin up.......... thanks to all here that have supported me!........ lot of cool stuff in mind for 2015.

Sweet, Todd!
I'm impressed you're willing to take orders with due dates.

Really nice!
And ...........
ibtl.

Sweet, Todd!
I'm impressed you're willing to take orders with due dates.

I appreciate that. But its to the point to where its no joke now, quite my job of almost 20 years, gotta figure out how to get more out, so far, no substitute for workin my ass off. Lol, but couldn't be happier. Got a few pieces that have gone wayyyyy over, but I think im getting those knocked out too, so that makes me happy, if I could just get caught up, (and I think its within reach) with the time im putting into it now, I think everything will be o.k........... like I said, thanks for everyone who has had my back, a lot of them are right here.

That is awesome, Dubz. More than anything, the fact that the new owners show appreciation for their employees (that they have yet to employ, no less) is the greatest part of that - though the sweet bennies are pretty great, too. Nice to see your waiting and working paid off. Awesome, indeed.

That is awesome, Dubz. More than anything, the fact that the new owners show appreciation for their employees (that they have yet to employ, no less) is the greatest part of that - though the sweet bennies are pretty great, too. Nice to see your waiting and working paid off. Awesome, indeed.

Well said..... in other news some of you might get a kick out of this, I work with knives every day. Hardly ever cut myself. Well, today, I sliced my left thumb wide open, probably could use a couple stitches, how did I do it you ask? Cleaning out my Jeep, evidently while I was grabbing some trash, I picked up on some broken glass laying in the floorboard. Sucks, kinda,need my hands for what I do, now I gotta bandaged up extremity that makes work more difficult.......... how can I blame this on Murph?

Congrats on the job improvement front. Those changes look like your life at work should improve a couple thousand per cent.

how can I blame this on Murph?

I thought the apprentices are responsible for doing the bitch work like picking up dry cleaning, washing/waxing the cars, making sure the fridge is full of beer, make sure you have 3 square meals a day... In that case it's TOTALLY Murph's fault.

how did I do it you ask? Cleaning out my Jeep, evidently while I was grabbing some trash, I picked up on some broken glass laying in the floorboard.

D'oh!! a friend of mine was making fun of me for regularly cutting myself on dull things. Not wrong either. *facepalm*

how can I blame this on Murph?

I'm sure it was his beer bottle. or a bottle he gave you. Yeah, that's it.

Congratz Dubz!

WW - hope the young 'uns are doing better.

Well said..... in other news some of you might get a kick out of this, I work with knives every day. Hardly ever cut myself. Well, today, I sliced my left thumb wide open, probably could use a couple stitches, how did I do it you ask? Cleaning out my Jeep, evidently while I was grabbing some trash, I picked up on some broken glass laying in the floorboard. Sucks, kinda,need my hands for what I do, now I gotta bandaged up extremity that makes work more difficult.......... how can I blame this on Murph?

Glass -> Beer Bottle -> Murph.

Am I off base here?

edit:

Dangit. daizee beat me to it. I should scroll all the way down before getting snarky.

D'oh!! a friend of mine was making fun of me for regularly cutting myself on dull things. Not wrong either. *facepalm*

I'm sure it was his beer bottle. or a bottle he gave you. Yeah, that's it.

Congratz Dubz!

WW - hope the young 'uns are doing better.

Glass -> Beer Bottle -> Murph.

Am I off base here?

edit:

Dangit. daizee beat me to it. I should scroll all the way down before getting snarky.

Hmmm, that bastard! Id fire him but he's the only one that will put up with my shit and help me lol! ........ so, I guess we'll switch to cans! :D:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back