You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, man. Looks like a great Christmas present!
Thanks man, it sure is.

Great news. Glad to see good things happening to good people.
Thanks man.

Dubz that is wicked awesome! Is it gonna be more stable too? No crazy lay offs and such?
I'm considered full time, so there shouldn't be any more lay offs. The corporation that bought us out, is a major corporation. It hasn't been made official yet, so I can't say who it is. They're big dogs with a lot of money though, and willing to do what it takes to make something work. They're already remodeling, talking abou closing some stores down, opening new ones up, etc. Should be a good thing.

did you kick him in the 'nads and take his portion of the buyout? I hope that guy lost money on the deal. He should have to make 14 years worth of matching contributions to your new 401k all at once as part of the contract.
Congrats for you! I hope it becomes a much nicer place to work.
Would would have liked to, haha. I filled out all the paper work tonight, application, tax forms etc. They asked about the pay I was expecting, and I wasn't bashful about letting them know what I want.

I couldn't be happier for you Dubz, I know its been a struggle for you. So, hearing this news makes me very happy. Good for you.....you deserve it...........its got to see good things happen to good folks, the cabin, the job, glad things are headin in the right direction!
Thanks man, appreciate it. Now to get that Jeep, haha. :D

:DExcellent news! Too often the people with the most service and experience get screwed when new management comes in... the quickest way to "boost profits" in your first year is to dump a bunch of people at the top of the scale and bring in some wet-behind-the-ears punks who'll work cheap. It looks good on paper at first, but never seems to end well. Glad to see these folks are looking at it a bit more wisely/long-term. :thumbup:
Thanks man. I was really worried about the new takeover. I knew it couldn't get any worse, but was only hearing rumors. Four different people came in from the new place, and asked me tons of questions, as I've been there for 14 years, and it's all new to them. Felt so damn good to be heard for once. I've watched this place go downhill since I've been there. I've had tons of good ideas, but my silent screams were falling on deaf ears. Not anymore. They were eager to hear what I had to say, and are coming back to hear more.

That is awesome, Dubz. More than anything, the fact that the new owners show appreciation for their employees (that they have yet to employ, no less) is the greatest part of that - though the sweet bennies are pretty great, too. Nice to see your waiting and working paid off. Awesome, indeed.
Thanks man, much appreciated.

Congrats on the job improvement front. Those changes look like your life at work should improve a couple thousand per cent.
Thanks man.

Congratz Dubz!
Thanks man, appreciate it. Hope I didn't miss anybody.

Felt so damn good to be heard for once. I've watched this place go downhill since I've been there. I've had tons of good ideas, but my silent screams were falling on deaf ears.

I completely understand how that goes. I think anyone who's ever worked for someone else has been there :(

Before I changed jobs about a decade ago, my previous employer nearly sold out to a company that hit the news in a nation-wide scandal. The owners backed out of the deal. Pretty freaky that. I am glad your transfer went well.
Merry Christmas!!

still ibtl ....
I just hope I don't get locked in.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Awesome news Warrior!!

Congratz Dubz!

WW - hope the young 'uns are doing better.

Thanks brother! He is feeling a lot better. All dressed and ready for school now.

Busy weekend! Looks like you guys handled snarking just fine without me.

Camping in north Georgia with Gus. Going climbing in a bit. It's Gus's birthday, so wish him a happy one, you scalawags!

Trying to talk the Realtor into renting this place to me for 6 more months. They normally only do 12 month leases though, but we are trying to get out of here in July. Dont want to stay the full year, and dont want to find another place to stay for just 6 months.

Fingers crossed. The woods miss me.

Dubz - Congrats on the job upgrade without having to change jobs!

WW - Glad the young 'un is doing better and good luck with the lease!

Gus - Happy Birthday!

I've worked my butt off at the same place for the last 14 years. It's been pretty much a thankless job, with no benefits, and mediocre pay. A new corporation is buying my employer out. My 14 years of service there, is being counted as 14 years of service to the new owners. Therefore, starting at the beginning of the new year, I have 3 weeks paid vacation coming (4 in 2 more years) , health insurance, retirement plan, 401k, sick days, bereavement days, personal days, etc. All my hard work is finally going to pay off.

congrats! that is awesome news to start out Christmas week!

Camping in north Georgia with Gus. Going climbing in a bit. It's Gus's birthday, so wish him a happy one, you scalawags!

enjoy - and Happy Birthday Gus!

I'm thinking some thought went into the timing of this announcement. If he's climbing, he's having a great birthday, but I'll wish him a HB from the trades anyway. :thumbup:

Happy Birthday, Gus!

Back at work today. The commute wasn't half-bad with so many people off work. It was refreshing to use my cruise control where it is normally congested. The little lady and I had a pretty good time in Cicago. Considering how close we are, we might have to run up there more often.
My phone died half-way through the weekend. The Charger was left in the car parked away... It was kind-of nice. :D I'm going to have to get a camera so I can ditch the phone more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back