You're a mean one, Mr Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely get a small point and shoot camera for when travelling. I need to get a new one, right now I only have a Nikon D40 and D70. Definitely NOT a small travel friendly camera. I love going to Chicago too. What did you do while you were up there?

Happy birthday Gus, Biscuit take good care of him!

Congrats warrior, that's awesome!

Good luck on the lease WW

And happy birthday Gus!

Brothers getting in today, drove all the way from east TN in one night, definintly not the most enjoyable of activities.

I'm still hoping that I can get away and test out my new fire ant

Definitely get a small point and shoot camera for when travelling. I need to get a new one, right now I only have a Nikon D40 and D70. Definitely NOT a small travel friendly camera. I love going to Chicago too. What did you do while you were up there?
Not too much really... Which was kind of nice for a change. The wife wanted to go on a small Christmas light bus tour that stopped at the German market and the Zoo. Since we left Indy about the time she got off work, we got settled in right before we had to head out to where the bus was boarding. After that, we just wondered around the Miracle Mile a bit, found a place to get some pizza and I enjoyed.... several beers. On Sunday morning, we wondered around some more then made our way down to Navy Pier.

Not too much really... Which was kind of nice for a change. The wife wanted to go on a small Christmas light bus tour that stopped at the German market and the Zoo. Since we left Indy about the time she got off work, we got settled in right before we had to head out to where the bus was boarding. After that, we just wondered around the Miracle Mile a bit, found a place to get some pizza and I enjoyed.... several beers. On Sunday morning, we wondered around some more then made our way down to Navy Pier.
It's nice to just have a chill weekend isn't it?! In February I'm gonna be there for 4 days for the Auto show. I'm SUPER excited about that!

Did you go for the deep dish pizza? Next time you go up, over by the train station is a place called Beggar's pizza. They do a thin crust and it's quite yummy! It's about as loaded as a deep dish but it's a thin crust LOL! It's fantastic.

It's nice to just have a chill weekend isn't it?! In February I'm gonna be there for 4 days for the Auto show. I'm SUPER excited about that!

Did you go for the deep dish pizza? Next time you go up, over by the train station is a place called Beggar's pizza. They do a thin crust and it's quite yummy! It's about as loaded as a deep dish but it's a thin crust LOL! It's fantastic.

My wife and I hadn't had a good stuffed pizza in a while, so that's what we were gunning for. Beer consumption was a good way of passing the lead-time for one. I'll take note of Beggar's pizza! Next time, I think we are going to park (for free) out of town at a family member's office and take the train in, so it might be a convenient stop.

If you ever get over to St. Joseph, MI (right across the lake), check out Silver Beach Pizza. It is at the Amtrak stop and their pizzas are no slouch.

Last edited:
I feel you on not having had a good stuffed pizza in a while. It will be quite yummy in a couple weeks (ok, I will be there in January for the boat show) and I'm quite sure I will be getting one then.

The lack of good stuffed pizza north of the WI/IL border is what got me to start making my own. It's not too hard, but does take a decent amount of time to get it all prepped and ready to cook. Christmas Eve is our traditional homemade pizza night, so I think I'll do a stuffed pizza and a thin this year. I haven't figured out how they make their crust, so mine rises and makes a really puffy crust at the edges. I think I like that, though, and it makes for a good treat after your slice if you pour some honey in it!

The easy call for me is Giordano's. I know it's not the trendy connoisseur pizza place, but it's always good stuffed pizza with great sauce.

Shitty cell phone pic granted, (and there will be more detailed pics on my subforum and FB) but I'm 100% excited tonight. I just finished everything I needed to finish for Christmas. These are all local pickups or shipping pieces that don't need to be there before Xmas. Anyway, this is what I HAD to have done before the end of the year. So, today was a huge weight off of my shoulders. Think im gonna take the rest of the year off, ............. by the way. December 2014 was the record setting month as far as production for T.M.Hunt knives.........things are lookin up.......... thanks to all here that have supported me!........ lot of cool stuff in mind for 2015.

That knife on the left looks familiar!!! ;)

Very glad that your outlook for your business looks good! Very happy for you. You definitely deserve it Todd just as you deserve a break too! especially after having to deal with me for a year now :D lol

Great news, The Warrior! Loved reading that... Glad the future is looking bright.

Want to share something with yall as I had originally shared here when I started awhile back. My Dad gave me his childhood knife to clean up for him and get into working order. I did most of the grunt work awhile back but got stuck on replacing the shield. Instead of just making and gluing a shield in place I decided to try something different. I epoxied in place a series of layers of aluminium foil and epoxy to make the shield. I havent heard of anyone else doing this so it was worth a shot. It actually turned out kinda neat, it has almost a silver pearl like look to it while being completely smooth. As you turn it picks up different shades as the layers reflect back. The pics really dont do it justice as it just looks "crinkled" in the pic, but its absolutely smooth. The object of doing this was to get the knife back into working order not as a full restoration cause I wanted it to retain some of its age and the marks it has earned. Anyways, here it is, just a little more work and it'll be ready to go back to him.

And as a side project I picked up this Camillus Electricians knife I found at the flea market. It needed a rescue and the guy ended up trading for it so I was very happy. The blades were in excellent shape but the scales not so much... I think it had lived its entire life in someones tool box bouncing around and hardly ever used to cut, also it was covered in paint and sharpie for some reason. The other side not pictured had some of what I think were initials written on it. After clean up the blades have zero play and it has great walk and talk. I think this might be a fun knife to re-scale one day... It really is a tank though and its been a fun knife to carry! I'd recommend one.

Before

After

Hope everyones having a good night!

Loved the clean-up pics... That's a really good idea regarding the epoxy/aluminum shield, gonna keep that in mind. That tl-29 turned out stunning as well. I absolutely love mine. As you said, they're tanks. Very sturdy and damn good blades. What's not to like about a 1095 drop point?
There are a few knives in my collection that could use some revamped or new scales as well... But I keep postponing the projects. Oh well. Thanks for sharing!

Great news, The Warrior! Loved reading that... Glad the future is looking bright.

Loved the clean-up pics... That's a really good idea regarding the epoxy/aluminum shield, gonna keep that in mind. That tl-29 turned out stunning as well. I absolutely love mine. As you said, they're tanks. Very sturdy and damn good blades. What's not to like about a 1095 drop point?
There are a few knives in my collection that could use some revamped or new scales as well... But I keep postponing the projects. Oh well. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Cleaning old knives up has become one of my favorite past times.. Sadly willing candidates are hard to come by around here cause they are either beat to spit, seller is asking too much, or they just don't exist, but every once in awhile you luck out. I've got one on the work bench to rescale too, but haven't done it yet for one reason or another. Its all a lot of fun. Really diggin the tl-29 too, been a dang good knife. Good luck on your projects too as it is so very rewarding IMO.

Damn, congratulations Dubz on the benefits starting to show up at work.

Gus, happy birthday buddy!

Only a few spots left, full custom folder gaw in the general thread! Ends today@ 7est!

Will scroll back and see what I missed for all of the congrats later.

The lack of good stuffed pizza north of the WI/IL border is what got me to start making my own. It's not too hard, but does take a decent amount of time to get it all prepped and ready to cook. Christmas Eve is our traditional homemade pizza night, so I think I'll do a stuffed pizza and a thin this year. I haven't figured out how they make their crust, so mine rises and makes a really puffy crust at the edges. I think I like that, though, and it makes for a good treat after your slice if you pour some honey in it!

The easy call for me is Giordano's. I know it's not the trendy connoisseur pizza place, but it's always good stuffed pizza with great sauce.
[video=youtube_share;UMiwh18E3pI]http://youtu.be/UMiwh18E3pI[/video]

This is a video by AIG, after talking to him and listening how he came to this recipe I am betting it's the most legit you'll find.

When I'm in town and not feeling like putting in the work I like Giordanos as well. Gino's East is another one I like. One of my buddies SWEARS by Due's downtown but there are too many negatives to going that I don't end up there too often.

I believe that's where we ate.
It's a good spot to eat, it's consistent and not the most expensive.

Stopped yet another scammer. He was a member here, jim62. The guy was banned from here, and even went to jail for his dealings. I spotted him at BCUSA. I recognized the same ol tactics right away.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Hey guys! Sitting in a Black Diamond Megamid and watching Utopia with Biscuit. Pretty good way to celebrate a birthday. We went climbing in somewhat wet conditions and then enjoyed a great steak dinner. Yeah, good day.

Hey Dubzs,
Congrats on the new job/benefits. Very cool!

Last edited:

Me too.

I was thinking its a bit premature, but sooner the better. :D

My little punk a$$ son got me sick. Now im battling a fever. Have to figure out an appropriate punishment. Either hanging him upside down above piranha infested waters -OR- a 2nd circumcision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back