You're saying that wrong...

Lack of literacy. At least how I used it above. ;)

This is one I forgot about, but always bugs me...
Saying "weary" instead of "wary". Sometimes weary is correct...but rarely in the times I encounter it.
Edited to add: I see S sheep herder beat me to it

Did we discuss the past participle yet? It always jumps out at me when people use "have went" "was ran" etc., when the correct grammar is "have gone", "was run", and so on. "The batch of blades was run at 61 RC". "My get up and go must have gotten up and gone". Etc.

And did we discuss "etc." yet? It is et cetera, which is Latin for "and the rest. Not "exetera" which is not a word at all. Also this means that when people say "and et cetera", they are actually saying "and, and the rest"

The way Americans say the word router when talking about computers... completely retarded.

How is that exactly? I've always thought it was supposed to rhyme with "shouter". I would be surprised if you say it's supposed to be like "rooter". That makes me think of a dog trying to find a bone...

How is that exactly? I've always thought it was supposed to rhyme with "shouter". I would be surprised if you say it's supposed to be like "rooter". That makes me think of a dog trying to find a bone...

Think of what the purpose of router is and the correct pronunciation follows logically - surprise, surprise that's how it got it name because it's name is what it does.....nothing to do with dogs or bones.

As an American how do you say this famous road;

Route 66?

Why do you change it when talking about a network router, as i, said retarded.

Interesting. I say "Root" 66. But if it's closed, and I have find another way, I say I was re"rout"ed. I guess I never knew one was right and the other wrong, since they seem to be so interchangeably used.

Me too. I say both pronunciations based on how I'm using the word; like "Root 66" or a "paper rowt".

When I was a boy, I had a paper "root". Funny how arbitrary it seems with this word...

Here's a new can of worms...what is over your head when you're indoors? Does it rhyme with goof or woof?

Back