You're saying that wrong...

Here's a new can of worms...what is over your head when you're indoors? Does it rhyme with goof or woof?

Amazing that you bring that up. I was actually thinking of exactly this after I made my last post, but I couldn't think of how to spell "roof" to rhyme with "woof". Your solution to that is elegant and to the point, of course. ;)

And it's definitely "rewf". 😆

Here's one that I see all over the place: Getting confused about the use of pluralization. "Making knives are what I like to do". No! That is just wrong. Knives are things I like. And I like making them. I like it. It. "Making knives" = "It". The verb making knives is singular, and in the case of the sentence I am referring to the verb. It IS what I like to do. Making knives IS what I like to do. Not are. Can you tell a bit of steam is coming out my ears... 🗯️

Uncanny, what I make to do are liking knives.

Well, I actually understood this. 😆

If one unmarried lady is a miss, what are two unmarried ladies ie;

one miss, two....??

I think this one's pretty simple. One Miss, two Misses. What I find odd is when they have husbands. One Missus, two Missuses... I'm pretty sure it's right, but saying "Missuses" sounds funny. "Attention Misters and Missuses!" lol Ladies and gentlemen is so much more natural.

One Miss, two Misses

It's fine when you write it but when you say it out loud it sounds like the Misses got got married and became Mrs.

As far missuses I read it as mis-uses like you misused the missus.

Anyhoo, to much thinking. My brain's done or is it my brains' done because I own my brain?

Too much. Brain's done (contraction of brain is done). Get some rest my friend, your brain will thank you. :cool:

I worked in a bottle shop once. I used to mispronounce stuff on purpose.

So for example Moet was Moet

Too much. Brain's done (contraction of brain is done). Get some rest my friend, your brain will thank you. :cool:

What about possession?

How can you know:

1. when to use an apostrophe

AND

2. where to place the apostrophe CORRECTLY?

TO MAKE A SINGULAR NOUN POSSESSIVE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

What about possession?

How can you know:

1. when to use an apostrophe

AND

2. where to place the apostrophe CORRECTLY?

TO MAKE A SINGULAR NOUN POSSESSIVE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

That's actually not relevant to the statement about your brain being done. Unless you are trying to say "My brain has done", with done as a noun, rather than an adjective, but if you're going to talk like that for real you might as well admit you're making up your own grammar rules. ;)

I do have one. People who say fact and don't provide a source.

Which is then an opinion

I think that is far beyond the lighthearted tone intended by this thread.

Woof, said properly, is the same oo as roof and goof...though most people don't do it right.
It's one of those things that doesn't translate well into casual speech

Last edited:
I was reading reviews for a particular knife on the Canadian Tire website, and one of the reviews was begging to be included in this thread. 🤣

Egomaniac.jpg

Back