YouTube channels

What I like about apostleP is the I find he talks more about the mechanics and function of the knife from a knowledgeable and fairly objective standpoint than most other reviewers. Most people I hear just go over the specs and talk about how they FEEL about the knife, not the pros and cons of the engineering decisions that went into it.

What I like about apostleP is the I find he talks more about the mechanics and function of the knife from a knowledgeable and fairly objective standpoint than most other reviewers. Most people I hear just go over the specs and talk about how they FEEL about the knife, not the pros and cons of the engineering decisions that went into it.

I would argue that most users probably aren't concerned with that. I know I'm not. I AM concerned however in how it feels and cuts. So, seeing reviews where the guy shows how the knife deploys and looks in hand, I get a pretty good idea of whether I'll like it or not.

I would argue that most users probably aren't concerned with that. I know I'm not. I AM concerned however in how it feels and cuts. So, seeing reviews where the guy shows how the knife deploys and looks in hand, I get a pretty good idea of whether I'll like it or not.
That's a good point, I am interested in mechanics from a collector stand point but also in more subjective qualities since I use all my knives. I really think he does a more quality and thoughtful review than most though.

I like Nutnfancy a great deal, but he loves to talk! Sometimes he'll have a knife in a sheath or a closed folding knife on his table top and he goes on and on, waving his hands under the camera and just talking up a storm. Meanwhile I'm watching, saying, "Open...the...bloody...knife," or, "Can we just...see...the...blade!" Now Nuts isn't the only one who does this. Other evil reviewers who like to see people suffer, but don't actually want to make them bleed, do the same thing. But eventually they go on to make their salient points, then some personal observations. I've wasted a lot of time watching amusing tests, like batoning a CRKT M21-04 to see if the Lakes and Walker Knife Safety (LAWKS) would keep this nice little liner-lock from failing (it didn't). And woe betide the knife that doesn't have jimping! (Most don't.)

So, many times it's a matter of personalities as well as expertise. Even tho I subscribe to a number of these channels, I usually just do searches on the products I'm interested in, whether it's a gun, knife, flashlight, compass, walki-talkies -- and choose my reviews that way. I generally shy away from reviews by knife sellers, because they rarely impart any useful information, but you can usually find what you're looking for. And when you do, you can either subscribe to that channel or just make a note of the reviewer.

°°°

I've been told by multiple independent sources that my videos have become a drinking game and that anytime I use profanity, you must take a shot.

The thing is that apostleP doesnt know enough about the mechanics of knives to speak as he does. Too many times he lets his personal opinions sway his comments and it becomes a very one sided argument. He is semi knowledgeable in some areas such as sharpening but in others I feel he knows just enough to get himself into trouble. That is the problem I have with many youtube reviewers. They have great communication and camera skills but their knowledge is lacking. So because of the good communication skills they are able to sell a load of manure to the horse that created it. In most cases I find there are very few youtube personalities that have the knowledge to back up their opinion. I actually prefer presentations of knives. That way, I can be the judge of the quality as I find I am often let down by other peoples expertise.

Last edited:
The thing is that apostleP doesnt know enough about the mechanics of knives to speak as he does. Too many times he lets his personal opinions sway his comments and it becomes a very one sided argument. He is semi knowledgeable in some areas such as sharpening but in others I feel he knows just enough to get himself into trouble. That is the problem I have with many youtube reviewers. They have great communication and camera skills but their knowledge is lacking. So because of the good communication skills they are able to sell a load of manure to the horse that created it. In most cases I find there are very few youtube personalities that have the knowledge to back up their opinion. I actually prefer presentations of knives. That way, I can be the judge of the quality as I find I am often let down by other peoples expertise.
I agree. However, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Not a lot of quality to pick from.

Other evil reviewers who like to see people suffer
Normally i'm not a troll nor post just to hate on someone, but... wealljugglenuts or Nutn's got nut'n on "Tactical". Tactical -- The only reviewer who makes me want to use the knife he's reviewing on the reviewer, if you haven't thrown up in a while and need a good cleanse, or are a masochist, his sarcastic ebonics and calling himself a "brother" is enough to get my adrenal gland pumpin. But what makes me want to launch a hate campaign against the racist a-hole is the reviews themselves, if you can force yourself to watch long enough to get to the review. Vapid & insulting to the intelligence of any mammal, banality pours from this masked mud-mouth in his mockery of Black English Vernacular in a stream of offense like i haven't seen since "2 girls 1 cup". :barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:
If you dare, here's a link -- Now, as a disclaimer, i think i've given you, kind reader, as much warning as i'm allowed to on the non-R-rated part of this forum... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy7Z3_HwKh4

Me thinks Gideon tactical and ApostleP are really good. I kinda like Nutnfancy but can't watch an entire video of his. Maybe I don't like him that much.

I like WeAllJuggleKnives, cutlerylover, and gideonstactical

I dislike reviewers who shove their personal religious and political BS into their vids, so not a fan of nutnfancy or ApostleP

+1. Nutnfancy most of all because he spends more time talking about himself than the subject of his videos (amazingly, even when they're videos about himself).

I do watch The Yankee Marshal, who is sometimes political, but it's generally in the "I'm tired of your political BS" vein.

As far as knife/gear guys go, Gideon's Tactical, cutlerylover, and WAJK top my list, along with The Late Boy Scout and (much lower down) PreparedMind101, Budget Bugout, and Survival On Purpose. I generally stay away from the doomsday prepper types (as a survivor of more than one disaster, I do stay prepared, but my life isn't centered around fantasizing about it) and pure gun channels (because I no longer live in a place where I'm allowed to own guns), but some of the bushcrafters are occasionally interesting.

Apart from that, my playlists are full of science and general knowledge stuff, like Mental Floss, the DFTBA umbrella, Tom Scott, and Brady Haran's various projects.

PreparedMind101 is pretty good, although he's brought in this woman, Jessi, something or other, and their "vibe" is really weird, especially considering he's married. Like, it's clear he's into her, which is fine, but still. The other day, he had a video up where they're reviewing a Fiddleback Forge knife, and we're treated to close up camera work of Jessi sitting on a log just carving a stick down, and the camera spent a LOT of time on the crotch of her jeans and hips. I've lost a bit of respect for him.

Yeah, that part's super-weird, though the comments from his followers are worse. It's awkward to watch her stand there contributing absolutely nothing, like she's some kind of booth babe with the occasional "uh-huh" or "yeah," then vainly attempting some trivial task while trying not to ruin her makeup. (All of this apart from the fact that she's setting a terrible example for women, as if that's what's expected of them. If she were a guy, the commentators would be merciless, but instead we get patronizing remarks and "MOAR JESSI" because bewbs.)

If it turns into the "Chris and Will and Jessie playing in the woods" channel, I'll be unsubscribing altogether. I know I just mentioned it as a channel I subscribed to, but it's teetering at the bottom.

Watched about maybe 5 minutes of an Apostle P video on the Ti-Lock trying to go to sleep this morning. Someone's poor brand new $475 Ti-Lock drop shipped from the dealer just getting manhandled by a wedding ring and scrubbed up against another knife for size comparison. After cringing and screaming to take your friggin ring off, I dozed off to nightmares of my brand new knives being scrubbed by other metals and flicked 9584 times in 5 minutes by a total stranger I was paying to do such.... [emoji19]

virtuovice! He's the only one I watch daily. I watch others too but get sick of the "bug out bag guys" sometimes. Wako has a great sense of humor, a bit of variety with food and other type videos too besides knives.
+1 for virtuvoice,, I like a lot of other channels.. but if you want to see someone dress out multiple deer, rather than cut paper,, check it out! Great channel,,"welcome, knife people"

For me its Paul Manning, StartUpSurvival, BT Blades, Gideon tactical and ApostleP. I watch others but they are my go to guys when i want to know about a knife I might be interested in.

Back