Yu Kurosaki in Super Blue or R2?

Hello to everyone

This is my first post and hopefully it will lead me to my first Japanese Knife.

I am very attracted to the knifes of Yu Kurosaki, I just find them to be really nice. I am really tempted to get a Gyuto in Blue #1 or S2/R2

My post is meant to get some feedback from you guys regarding its performance, durability or any Details/Characteristics/Issues you might consider relevant to mention to someone seriously considering this knife as its first Japanese Knife

I am an amateur home chef, most likely the knife will be used only on weekends for pure pleasure.

Now I only have a set of Zwilling 5 Star Knives, they work awesome but I would love to have the Japanese knife experience.

PS: In case you think there is a similar/better blacksmith to consider in the same price range please fell free to suggest!

Thanks

Andres

Good morning my name is vasilis I'm new to the forum and thanks a lot for accepting, I have a question about Rockwell Model1 Ames, I bought an old model from ebay and would like to ask how can I calibrate? because the ames controller having a serial number less than 14067 cannot be calibrated. Thanks in advance.

Good morning my name is vasilis I'm new to the forum and thanks a lot for accepting, I have a question about Rockwell Model1 Ames, I bought an old model from ebay and would like to ask how can I calibrate? because the ames controller having a serial number less than 14067 cannot be calibrated. Thanks in advance.

W T F

Hello to everyone

This is my first post and hopefully it will lead me to my first Japanese Knife.

I am very attracted to the knifes of Yu Kurosaki, I just find them to be really nice. I am really tempted to get a Gyuto in Blue #1 or S2/R2

My post is meant to get some feedback from you guys regarding its performance, durability or any Details/Characteristics/Issues you might consider relevant to mention to someone seriously considering this knife as its first Japanese Knife

I am an amateur home chef, most likely the knife will be used only on weekends for pure pleasure.

Now I only have a set of Zwilling 5 Star Knives, they work awesome but I would love to have the Japanese knife experience.

PS: In case you think there is a similar/better blacksmith to consider in the same price range please fell free to suggest!

Thanks

Andres

I would go the stainless route, SR/R2.

I have a Takamura in this steel and it sharpens up great and hold an edge for ever(compared to my victorinox chef knife). When done cutting I rinse it in hot water from the sink with a brush, shake most of the water off and hang ut back up. Very low maintenance and user friendly!

With a cabon steel like blue #1 it's another story, you'll need to whipe it off constantly to avoid rust. Some people seem to like that, I dont.

Long live the lazyness! :D

Back