Yvsa...my great friend and shining light...has walked West.

I received an email today from Barb.

Our companion for these many years, Yvsa, died yesterday early afternoon.

A hugely important man in my own life, Yvsa contributed so much to the existence of H.I., including design of several blades, and advice, wisdom, chastisement :)) ), anecdotes, insights into metallurgy, utility, personal support, and an extension of his spirit to many who never met him, but who were better for having read his posts.

He was a gift in life. It is a smaller world without him.

As you choose, celebrate his existence or mourn his passing, but know...a giant has left our stage.

Last edited:
That is sad news for those he leaves behind. May good memories endure here and may his passion and brilliance continue to blaze the path he walks.

Grace and peace to his family. A sad day indeed.

Last edited:
OMG, this is terrible news:(
Yvsa was one the greats. One of the pillars of the cantina. When I first started learning about khuks, his posts were some of the ones I poured over again and again.
He has contributed so MUCH to HI. I am at a loss for words. He will be missed.

Happy westward trails to our resident wise ol' NDN. We are all better for having known you.

My condolences to his family , he shared his knowledge to us generously , good journey sir !

What a great loss; he was a truly fine man. Smoke and prayers for Barb. Yvsa, you will always be part of the lives of those whose hearts you have touched.
Berk

I am sorry to hear this. We have had many laughs together on these forums. He was a good guy and he will be missed.

n2s

i just heard this being talked about on another forum,hate to hear this,i have enjoyed reading his posts for years.prayer sent, rest in peace.

Sad news indeed! He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his many family and friends. Prayers up!

At a loss for words.....

Smoke and Prayer For a smooth star journey my friend.
You are whole again and no longer in pain.
Smoke and Prayer also for peace and gentle healing for Barb and the family.

I am so sad to hear this. But ... at the very least, his pain is over.

I only "met" him very recently and only electronically. And yet even over over that slender thread, his wisdom and his humor came through very clearly. The last years were difficult for him, but he always remained an optimist.

A man to admire.

EDIT: I'm going to do something good for someone else today, in his name. I think that would make him smile.

Last edited:
I would say some fantastic epitaph, some highly emotional, overly passionate, super sensitive spiel...but that would make it about ME. And if this tragedy has taught me anything, it is that, when someone dies, it is them, and them alone, who matter at that moment. So, summarily, a moment of silence. I talk a lot, but what does most of it mean? This is my answer to that question. Silence. Nothing offensive, crazy, strange, mean, nasty, happy, sad, nothing...nothing at all. A lesson, that will most likely be ignored, by those who think power over people grants amnesty from the problems that afflict all men. A lesson, however, that I will honor and obey. Yvsa taught me that, unintentionally, but he taught me it nonetheless. I will never forget it, not entirely.
A moment, nothing less...of silence.
Peace on Earth, let the guns, the fists, yon bloody flags and muddy boots, those who spew cruelty and ill will, be still... and silent. For just one moment. One moment.
David

It is sad to lose those who are dear to us, there is comfort in remembering all the time Yvsa made such a different in our lives. My deepest sympathy for your loss, Barb and family

I didn't know him, but I have seen some of his posts. I would have liked to call him "Friend".

RIP Yvsa, my condolences to his friends and family.

Godspeed, Elder Brother. My time with you on these forums, on the phone and in my thoughts was and will always be precious. Nv wa to hi ya dv.

Back