Z Wear and Z Tuff

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Where can I get 3 foot bars in different sizes of these two steels? I searched the internet and came up with nothing. Maybe I missed it.
Scott

I know Alpha supply does sell both and I've ordered some from them, but they don't sell the length and widths I'm looking for. I was hoping for at least 3 foot bars because I can utilize that length without much leftover unusable steel. Thanks for the heads up about CD1 rodriguez7 rodriguez7
Scott

Larrin Larrin has a great article on his site comparing cruwear to Zwear... I may be wrong but Zwear seems to always be tougher than cruwear yet having similar edge retention.

Niagara hasn’t been carrying it long. Maybe mid July at the earliest.

After buying it from Niagara?

Well I called @nsm
They haven't always had it. Looks like folks were getting it previously from another source. I forgot it is not a Crucible steel but a Carpenter Steel.
Frank says they have had the billets to roll for a few months now and his rough guess is it will be ready in a few weeks in sheet or cut into bar.
No other Carpenter steels will be available from @nsm

Well I called @nsm
They haven't always had it. Looks like folks were getting it previously from another source. I forgot it is not a Crucible steel but a Carpenter Steel.
Frank says they have had the billets to roll for a few months now and his rough guess is it will be ready in a few weeks in sheet or cut into bar.
No other Carpenter steels will be available from @nsm
That's a good one to bring in. Seems to be better than CPM 1V.

Back