Zero Tolerance 0450

I've been eyeing this one for awhile. And I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on it. Just looking for some insight on the knife. If it's good for the money or not. I've watched plenty of reviews on YouTube. Anything helps, Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Looks like a very nice knife to me. Good steel, nice grind, bearings in handle... can't be a bad one for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love mine. I got it from a dealer who anodized it to my liking and acid washed it. Only thing I might change is the clip but overall great knife.

Love mine. I got it from a dealer who anodized it to my liking and acid washed it. Only thing I might change is the clip but overall great knife.
That's what I've been hearing from all of the reviews I've watched. I like a lot of the ZT's, I think the 0450 will be a good one to start with.

Get it. This is one of the best most practical ZTs ever made. It has all the quality and strength typical of ZT designs without being bulky and heavy. It has a good annount of blade for its size. I personally think the 0452 is even nicer thab the 0450. Obviously the 0452 might feature too long a blade for you. However if you can manage the longer blade I highly recommend it.

I got to handle one last weekend. It's a small knife and I found it hard to position my fingers without putting pressure on the lockbar and making it hard to open.

I've had 2 now. The size had me pressing the lock bar on deployment and that got annoying quick.
That's another thing I heard. But I have another knife that I this issue with at first. But I got used to positioning my hand properly. I might need to make the drive to go to the knife store in my state. So I can at least handle it and see.

Great little knife. Certainly a lot of cutting edge for the overall size and weight. Personally for my edc in jeans wear, I prefer a little more heft (ZT0456), but for "dress up" or "dress light", the 450 is one of my go-to's.

2q8r8so.jpg

2udw269.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

Great little knife. Certainly a lot of cutting edge for the overall size and weight. Personally for my edc in jeans wear, I prefer a little more heft (ZT0456), but for "dress up" or "dress light", the 450 is one of my go-to's.

2q8r8so.jpg

2udw269.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)
Very nice, I like the anodizing on the 450.

Haven't owned one, but I've handled it. Like most ZTs the F&F was very good and flipping action was (mostly) superb. The only two dings I would say are that it's very, very easy to accidentally put pressure on the lockbar, rendering it impossible to flip and that, given the blade stock, the narrow blade and the lack of a full height grind it's not going to be as slicey as some other options. I don't think it would cut badly, just not as well as something like a Delica or Exskelibur framelock.

I own 3 of them and the only thing I would change (and did) was the pocket clip to a deep carry. I'm a big guy at 6'11 and have big hands and never had issues with pressing against the lockbar making it difficult to deploy. Its a great little knife.

I own 3 of them and the only thing I would change (and did) was the pocket clip to a deep carry. I'm a big guy at 6'11 and have big hands and never had issues with pressing against the lockbar making it difficult to deploy. Its a great little knife.
Same for me, I've never had trouble pressing on the lock bar of my framelocks. And I have large size hands, thanks for the info.

Do you carry all three at the same time or rotate them?

Rotate them. It really depends what I'm wearing and doing when I decided what knife I want to carry. I have 13 ZT's currently. My wife asks why I need so many. I liken it to her having jewelry for different occasions. Here is a family pic of my ZTs. Gives you a good idea of the small size of the 0450.
IMG_7357_zps7izket1h.jpg

^^iIs that a ZDP 0450?

Definitely looks like it.

My post came off kind of negative. I really did like the knife, the blades near perfect for what I like in every aspect. My lock bar issue was odd to. At home playing with it it was nothing to just open but times when I actually went to use it I more often than not was gripping it to tight. Sweaty hands, cutting fishing line in a boat or on a creek, there were just times I was gripping it to much. I had a deep carry clip installed too and it seemed to worsen the issue as it was much beefier than the original. Just me maybe I dunno.

Back