Zero Tolerance 0562 tribute

Hotshot10

Gold Member
Several years ago, I sold a pair of ZT 0566s and promised myself that I would buy a 0562. Life happened, and I didn't buy the 0562. A few weeks ago, I found a 0562 on the exchange.

It arrived a couple of weeks ago. Wow. It is a sweet knife. It seems like the perfect size for my hand and has one of the most well-designed blade shapes that I have seen (in my humble opinion, of course). I'm really enjoying it.

Who else is a 0562 fan?

I have a couple ZTs, but if I had to choose just one, it'd be the 0562.
DSC00174-X2.jpg

DSC00178-X2.jpg

Aye!

I have two, the 0562CF and 0562BLK, both in CPM 20CV.

On the edge of purchasing the 0562Ti. Purchased a lot of new knives this year, so holding off on this one since I already have the other two.

IMHO the 0562 can still hold its own against a Hinderer XM-18 3.5", it's ever bit as good. I'm a Hinderer fan and own several. With their update to the Tri-Way pivot system and also recent recent Skinny releases, I'm very happy that the 0562 is still relevant and has not become redundant in my collection. It's thinner than a standard Hinderer, but thicker than a Skinny. It fits right in between.

c1VewUq.jpg

The 0562 is a great ZT but in my hand I prefer the 0393
I would like the 0562 to be thicker for me to get a better grip on it but it will make it less easy to carry ... as always it is a question of balance and personal tastes here ;)
I would like to get a real XM18 not skinny to compare how I feel and how they compare in hand

Therom Therom - get a gen 4 xm-18 3.5 from the Exchange. I have three, all on after market PB washers, all with great action. In fact the flipping action of one of them rivals the best ball bearing flippers in my collection. I am a ZT Hinderer lover but the true Hinderer is definitely one level up IMO (alas more expensive).

p.s. I also have a hinderer skinny slicer. It is definitely thinner everywhere and hence a better slicer. But if I were forced to pick only one, it would be my gen 4 slicer.

Got one a year ago, now selling. not my thing. Its too fancy for my taste - different materials and looks on different sides, bearings.. detent placement..
Unable to deploy via thumbthings, weights as a contego. Yeah

It's a classic. That doesn't mean it's for everyone, but it's a classic nonetheless.

For me, the 0562 is a small knife, but a beauty. The only issue I had with it was the blade geometry, which was not much of a slicer. A trip to Josh's Little House of Horrors turned it into a beast, with the blade ground thinner and the edge shoulders taken down to 15 thousandths. The better geometry really made this classic live up to its potential.

Those hair-thin curly cues were shaved off thin notebook paper.
2v2EyPcUvxAWtWs.jpg

Below, a stock 0562 and the reground 0562:
2v2EyPcujxAWtWs.jpg

Below: The stock and the reground knives. Both have 30 degree inclusive bevels. You can see how much thinner the reground bevel is.
2v2EyPcZ3xAWtWs.jpg

The 562 is a favorite of mine. I bought my 562cf used, and it shows it. But it's solid, has a great blade (slices well enough for me!) and will do everything I ask of it. One of the best ZTs made, I think.

My 470 beats it out for pocket time usually... Its a little better for work carry and I just really love it. So much I bought a 2nd...lol but the 562 isn't going anywhere!

There are some awesome pictures on this thread.

I was really set on the M390 version, but a 20CV one was available at a good price on the exchange. You know what they say: six of one; 20CV of the other.

For me, the 0562 is a small knife, but a beauty. The only issue I had with it was the blade geometry, which was not much of a slicer. A trip to Josh's Little House of Horrors turned it into a beast, with the blade ground thinner and the edge shoulders taken down to 15 thousandths. The better geometry really made this classic live up to its potential.

That is awesome. At first glance, I thought those shavings were snail trails or something on the blade.

Back