Zero Tolerance Boxes

Did Zero Tolerance ever put out any of their knives in a "smaller" box than what I currently see their knives come with? I'm trying to find out if my son has possibly bought a knockoff ZT0200. I've never seen one come in a small box with no model number on it. Any info is appreciated.

I think it should look like this:
48809-F65-DF55-495-C-A693-57-D916-F9-E503.jpg

AAAB8-E74-7-CBD-44-FA-BCB0-563-FAE540885.jpg

8-ED46-BA9-C261-4638-B8-E6-BF5-F1-B192434.jpg

17-A83-EDA-B627-4-E97-9725-623133-DA33-EB.jpg

4-C955-A03-0-E7-D-4-F1-C-B32-F-6397596-B6-EAA.jpg

Last edited:
Designs have changed, however the size has remained the same.
Counterfeits come in a small box.

Did Zero Tolerance ever put out any of their knives in a "smaller" box than what I currently see their knives come with? I'm trying to find out if my son has possibly bought a knockoff ZT0200. I've never seen one come in a small box with no model number on it. Any info is appreciated.

Most likely it is a knockoff unless the seller said he/she lost the box.

Well shucks...I'll have to break some hard news to the boy...live and learn...here's the pictures of what he got....pretty good job of faking a blade though.....but....the box is what threw me off....Thanks, fellas.0200.jpeg 02001.jpeg 02002.jpeg

Well shucks...I'll have to break some hard news to the boy...live and learn...here's the pictures of what he got....pretty good job of faking a blade though.....but....the box is what threw me off.View attachment 1087744 View attachment 1087745 View attachment 1087746

Hate to say the obvious but in this age it baffles me why anyone would spend more than the retail price on a ZT0200. You got be a nut to choose it over 0562 that costs 160 dollars which has better ergo better steel and better profile.

There should also be holes for the clip on the lock side which I can't see.

/Edit: Nevermind, seems like they are there just hard to make out.

Sharp Edge ~ Well, when you're a 15 years old.....you do give some quarter on the issue. At least I do. He'll learn from it.

Sharp Edge ~ Well, when you're a 15 years old.....you do give some quarter on the issue. At least I do. He'll learn from it.

yeah when I was 15 I jumped off a cliff to approve I am anti gravity.

Actually there was a deep pond below so I was OK but still...

That’s an unusually high quality fake if it’s fake. I’m more inclined to believe the box is fake than the knife. The engraving and everything seems entirely on point, and I am unaware of any counterfiets of that model that are anywhere near that level of detail.

That’s an unusually high quality fake if it’s fake. I’m more inclined to believe the box is fake than the knife. The engraving and everything seems entirely on point, and I am unaware of any counterfiets of that model that are anywhere near that level of detail.

Its possible but why would someone fakes a box when the knife is genuine?

Its possible but why would someone fakes a box when the knife is genuine?

This is where details become important. If it was bought from an individual, they might have had a box from a counterfeit ZT kicking around.

I just checked all the normal sources and I cannot find a single place to buy this “clone” or any reference to it.

I think the knife is real. The box is definitely not original, though.

Ya know...Comeuppance, I'm wondering the same....here are better pictures. No history on it being an original box or not though. 0200e.jpg 299.jpg 299b.jpg

All of the 0200 clones that I've seen have all been low quality. The size is also slightly smaller for 0200 clones than the real ones. The scales look good and so does the pivot bolt.

I too think that the knife is real and the box is from a fake.

I told him to toss the box and just use it. Pretty sure the most it'll get used on is opening potato chip sacks. :)

Could be perhaps, that it was sent in to ZT for resharpening/service, and got sent back in a generic box. I think Benchmade does something similar when using the Lifesharp service.

No writing at all on the box to indicate the model. I firmly believe as others, the knife is legit and the box is import.

Back