1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Zero Tolerance Boxes

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Wolfjohn, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Wolfjohn

Wolfjohn Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2002
    Did Zero Tolerance ever put out any of their knives in a "smaller" box than what I currently see their knives come with? I'm trying to find out if my son has possibly bought a knockoff ZT0200. I've never seen one come in a small box with no model number on it. Any info is appreciated.

2. KVT

KVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2019
    I think it should look like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  3. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
    Designs have changed, however the size has remained the same.
    Counterfeits come in a small box.

4. Huntnow

Huntnow

Dec 2, 2018
    All three of mine came in the same “overbuilt” box.

5. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Most likely it is a knockoff unless the seller said he/she lost the box.

6. Wolfjohn

May 16, 2002
    Well shucks...I'll have to break some hard news to the boy...live and learn...here's the pictures of what he got....pretty good job of faking a blade though.....but....the box is what threw me off....Thanks, fellas. 0200.jpeg 02001.jpeg 02002.jpeg

7. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    Hate to say the obvious but in this age it baffles me why anyone would spend more than the retail price on a ZT0200. You got be a nut to choose it over 0562 that costs 160 dollars which has better ergo better steel and better profile.

8. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    There should also be holes for the clip on the lock side which I can't see.

/Edit: Nevermind, seems like they are there just hard to make out.

9. Wolfjohn

May 16, 2002
    Sharp Edge ~ Well, when you're a 15 years old.....you do give some quarter on the issue. At least I do. He'll learn from it.

colin.p likes this.
  10. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    yeah when I was 15 I jumped off a cliff to approve I am anti gravity.

Actually there was a deep pond below so I was OK but still...

11. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    That’s an unusually high quality fake if it’s fake. I’m more inclined to believe the box is fake than the knife. The engraving and everything seems entirely on point, and I am unaware of any counterfiets of that model that are anywhere near that level of detail.

presz likes this.
  12. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    Its possible but why would someone fakes a box when the knife is genuine?

13. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    This is where details become important. If it was bought from an individual, they might have had a box from a counterfeit ZT kicking around.

I just checked all the normal sources and I cannot find a single place to buy this “clone” or any reference to it.

I think the knife is real. The box is definitely not original, though.

14. Wolfjohn

May 16, 2002
    Ya know...Comeuppance, I'm wondering the same....here are better pictures. No history on it being an original box or not though. 0200e.jpg 299.jpg 299b.jpg

15. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
  16. presz

presz

Nov 12, 2005
    All of the 0200 clones that I've seen have all been low quality. The size is also slightly smaller for 0200 clones than the real ones. The scales look good and so does the pivot bolt.

I too think that the knife is real and the box is from a fake.

mqqn likes this.
  17. Wolfjohn

May 16, 2002
    I told him to toss the box and just use it. Pretty sure the most it'll get used on is opening potato chip sacks. :)

18. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    What does it say on the box? No label?

19. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Could be perhaps, that it was sent in to ZT for resharpening/service, and got sent back in a generic box. I think Benchmade does something similar when using the Lifesharp service.

b00n likes this.
  20. Wolfjohn

May 16, 2002
    No writing at all on the box to indicate the model. I firmly believe as others, the knife is legit and the box is import.

sgt1372 likes this.