Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

My Gen6 3.0 Slicer gets here today. I got my Gen6 3.5 a week or so ago and it’s freakin awesome.
I had to return the FullTrack for lockstick problems.
Don’t buy a Hinderer - it’s bad for your wallet, and leads to more.

Last edited:
what i wanna see its a kershaw bareknuckle in cpm 20cv or m390 maybe a full TI version by ZT like a bigger brother to the 0770cf but more heavy use vs gents folder

All I want is a 0562TI Mini with a 3" blade of 20CV, all titanium frame lock with steel lockbar insert and KVT. Kind of like a XM-18 3".

XM-18 Gen6 3.0 just came - here it is alongside a few Hind ZTs for size reference. ZT REALLY needs to 0562 Mini, like you say. Love this 3.0!
Feels a little bigger than a Cryo, in hand. Which is good 'cause a Cryo is right on the edge for me..
CgDrgy5.jpg

Next to a Cryo
cN6Xp22.jpg

Last edited:
Hi OP, I'm not sure if you care, or what your total intent is for the first post, but I noticed you differentiate between the 0095BW textured and non-textured handles.
I know that the 0470s (some SNs) have smooth handles, but the later/earlier? models have the "stepped" handles, which I prefer. This one's 09xx.
I think the very first ones were completely smooth. All of the knife retailer marketing show smooth handles...
wTTpMJc.jpg

Zb4icPL.jpg

RHkdq5K.jpg

EDIT: Yep - just dug into this - sometime around the ~0500 serial numbers, ZT started making them stepped/groove/textured and they've been that way since - past the 2000s.

Last edited:
Hi OP, I'm not sure if you care, or what your total intent is for the first post, but I noticed you differentiate between the 0095BW textured and non-textured handles.
I know that the 0470s (some SNs) have smooth handles, but the later/earlier? models have the "stepped" handles, which I prefer. This one's 09xx.
IMG-6445.jpg

IMG-6446.jpg

IMG-6447.jpg

I think the very first ones were completely smooth. All of the knife retailer marketing show smooth handles...

EDIT: Yep - just dug into this - sometime around the ~0500 serial numbers, ZT started making them stepped/groove/textured and they've been that way since - past the 2000s.

I don’t know if I should have the 0095BW in there just once or add two entries for 0470...

The 0470 looks better with the stepped texture and I’m sure it adds to the grip. What would make the 470 look even better is if they added the marbled CF to both sides instead of just the presentation side.

I kind of like more information - the more the better. Those are pretty significant changes IMO.

My feelings are mixed on the 0470. It’s got one of the best ergos of any ZT, it flips like crazy, it’s got 20CV, quality is among the best, ridiculously sharp, yet I just haven’t really ‘bonded’ with the knife. Not sure why.
As cool as that marbled CF insert is, I think it’s one of the worst features, aesthetically. Again, I don’t know why.

An absolutely great knife, yet if I had to get rid of any of my many ZTs, it’d probably be one of the first to go.

I kind of like more information - the more the better. Those are pretty significant changes IMO.

My feelings are mixed on the 0470. It’s got one of the best ergos of any ZT, it flips like crazy, it’s got 20CV, quality is among the best, ridiculously sharp, yet I just haven’t really ‘bonded’ with the knife. Not sure why.
As cool as that marbled CF insert is, I think it’s one of the worst features, aesthetically. Again, I don’t know why.

These thoughts are one of the reasons we decided to mix up our offerings on these.
P https://www.flickr.com/photos/59094695@N06/

Reactions: KVT
^^ Nice - I’ve seen those on your site. I will say the 0470 looks really, really good with some color ano - like a Sunrise fade or even a solid blue.
Whitty, do you ever do a stonewash color ano, similar to Hind’s Battle colors?
I love my Hind Battle Blue because its unaffected by oils. Normal color Ti ano just looks so meh after being handled by oily mits.
I’ve seen “worn” looking color ano before, but I don’t think that’s the same as a stonewash ano.
THAT is what my 0470 needs is some color.

These thoughts are one of the reasons we decided to mix up our offerings on these.
P
That hand hammered Bronze one in the middle is sick.. Do you sell the scale separately? If love one in silver color

^^ Nice - I’ve seen those on your site. I will say the 0470 looks really, really good with some color ano - like a Sunrise fade or even a solid blue.
Whitty, do you ever do a stonewash color ano, similar to Hind’s Battle colors?
I love my Hind Battle Blue because its unaffected by oils. Normal color Ti ano just looks so meh after being handled by oily mits.
I’ve seen “worn” looking color ano before, but I don’t think that’s the same as a stonewash ano.
THAT is what my 0470 needs is some color.

Battle Blue is what a Working Finish Hinderer turns in to when anodized blue. Most of our two toned anodized knives do not finger print. The anomascus we do does not finger print at all. Lighter colors of blue and bronze typically do not finger print on stonewashed ti either.

That hand hammered Bronze one in the middle is sick.. Do you sell the scale separately? If love one in silver color

We are working on doing scales separately in the near future. For now we did not have enough available to offer both options. The brass scale is kick ass. All of them come with the original marbled carbon fiber scale.

Reactions: KVT
P https://www.flickr.com/photos/59094695@N06/

Well crap. I think the order of my want list just changed up a little. I have a couple sheets of silver bullion and copper all hammered up ready to complete my Massdrop Gent scale sets. But now I'm pretty sure some of it will end up on an 0470 that hasn't been purchased yet.

svgy8o.jpg

As far as the 470 goes the looks of it have grown on me (Sinkevich designs are SOLID) but I never pulled the trigger because I just don't have any interest in anything under 4" anymore. A little less like 3.875" or so I can do but no more interest in 3.5" class stuff.

I still have my ZT 0609 though. It is too small for me and I keep telling myself I'll be safe to unload it because a bigger version will come at some point (like when the 0452 came out to match the 454 in size) but I like looking at it a bit much to say goodbye at this point.

I'd also love to see a 4" tanto blade from ZT, especially with a mid-high saber grind or zero edge from forward of the yokote. I won't be holding my breath on that though.

As far as the 470 goes the looks of it have grown on me (Sinkevich designs are SOLID) but I never pulled the trigger because I just don't have any interest in anything under 4" anymore. A little less like 3.875" or so I can do but no more interest in 3.5" class stuff.

I still have my ZT 0609 though. It is too small for me and I keep telling myself I'll be safe to unload it because a bigger version will come at some point (like when the 0452 came out to match the 454 in size) but I like looking at it a bit much to say goodbye at this point.

I'd also love to see a 4" tanto blade from ZT, especially with a mid-high saber grind or zero edge from forward of the yokote. I won't be holding my breath on that though.

My thoughts as well. Would love to see larger versions of 0609 and 0470.

We eventually got a 462 from the 460, so maybe a 472 IS in order at some point, possibly next year?

The 606/609 used a different numbering system, so maybe the pattern from 454-->450-->452 won't play out with the 606-->609-->???. One can only hope. I just love that 606/609 blade shape.

So are there certain set times of year ZT kicks off Sprint Runs? Or has it been completely random in the past?
So many different variations I wish they’d do, along with bringing back a few models in maybe different styles.
Need more Blackwash offerings.
A Blackwash 0562Ti would kick ass, along with about 8 other ideas I wish would come to fruition!

Back