Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

Coming soon ZT 0223 with a 3.5" black DLC blade of 20CV, KVT ball bearings flipper, black DLC titanium frame lock with steel insert and earth brown G-10 overlay for a street price of $300.

0223_profile_1020x400.png

0223_clipside-closed_1020x400.png

0223_in-hand_1020x400.png

The difference between the 0223 and the USMC fighting/utility knife is the original is a beautiful knife, probably the most recognizable knife in the world. The 0223 is just.....ugh.

Fill in all the blade holes, loose the fake saw, give it a real finger guard flipper, and you have a decent knife.

Hmmm...It looks a little small too.
Those are "decorative holes"!

"Designed by Tim Galyean, the 0223 takes its inspiration from a classic military knife.

A clip-point blade of CPM 20CV steel offers exceptional hardness and wear resistance. Black DLC coating gives it
a non-glare finish. The titanium handle has a frame lock for reliable lockup. The 0223 opens with ZT’s KVT ball-bearing system. Earth brown G10 handle scales echo the original military knife’s stacked leather handle.

A bronze-anodized titanium tube spacer and decorative holes drilled in the blade ricasso add to the subtle details of this handsome knife."

Not for me either. I am crossing my fingers that I still get a ZT Version of the XCOM, larger overall, satin blade and micarta scales.

The 0223? Meh . . . :confused:

Sorry, I've got 31 ZTs but this will NOT be #32. It's not "awful" but -- like the 0022 and 0460 -- it's just not something I would care to collect or carry, given all of the others that I have to choose from.

BTW: I own and am a big fan of the "vintage" Kershaw JYD 2.0 (1725BLK) & 2.2 (1725.CB) and Rake (1780CB), all designed by Gaylean. I just don't think that the 0223 even comes close to those in terms of design/style and appeal and they are already 20 year old knives.

Did a littel photoshopped to see if I can improve it. Turned the cut-out into a fuller, changed the DLC into a lighter stonewash, filled it the idiotic holes and just added a little contrast to the grooves in the scales.

eCqazMd.jpg

Still not awesome, but I like it better.........buuuuuut I am biased. :D

Did a littel photoshopped to see if I can improve it. Turned the cut-out into a fuller, changed the DLC into a lighter stonewash, filled it the idiotic holes and just added a little contrast to the grooves in the scales.

eCqazMd.jpg

Ah So ! Thank you SO Much ! ZT should hire you , PRONTO ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

eCqazMd.jpg

I was inspired by your work b00n b00n
I present exhibit C below. Just messing around though. I think I get what they were going for, just not for me.

VPAUQxf.jpg

Back