Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

The 0223? Meh . . . :confused:

Sorry, I've got 31 ZTs but this will NOT be #32. It's not "awful" but -- like the 0022 and 0460 -- it's just not something I would care to collect or carry, given all of the others that I have to choose from.

BTW: I own and am a big fan of the "vintage" Kershaw JYD 2.0 (1725BLK) & 2.2 (1725.CB) and Rake (1780CB), all designed by Gaylean. I just don't think that the 0223 even comes close to those in terms of design/style and appeal and they are already 20 year old knives.

Gaylean was either low key dissing ZT when he sent them this design,

or was drunk in a bar when his friend dared him to design a knife on the back of a napkin and get it produced.

It’s just bad. I mean sometimes things aren’t photogenic and are much better in person.
I don’t think this is one of those things.

Is this real life?
is-this-real-life.gif

I kinda like it. Opening hole, clip point, that's right up my alley. The little holes near the ricasso are pretty dumb though. I'd like to see a stonewash version like the one Boon photoshopped up. it kinda reminds me of the Sharktooth flipper that Case announced at SHOT show.

Its not a coincidence they announce this one on the 75th anniversary of D-Day

Just put one 0223 on each of the 5 beachheads and it's so ugly the invasion force would just turn around.

I own 26 ZTs and it's just disappointing to see what they have released lately. In the mean time I've bought a bunch of fixed blades to fill the void some.

I was inspired by your work @b00n
I present exhibit C below. Just messing around though. I think I get what they were going for, just not for me.

VPAUQxf.jpg
Make the last one an auto and we’re making some progress.

The 0223 makes me think ZT had read all the posts by Uncle Randys who wanted the company to go back to it's hard-use, not-so-pretty roots. So they tried, but clearly they no longer have the capability to design those knives and should stick to pleasing their current 'collectors' market.

OTE="RamZar, post: 19052685, member: 339349"]Coming soon ZT 0223 with a 3.5" black DLC blade of 20CV, KVT ball bearings flipper, black DLC titanium frame lock with steel insert and earth brown G-10 overlay for a street price of $300.

0223_profile_1020x400.png

0223_clipside-closed_1020x400.png

0223_in-hand_1020x400.png
[/QUOTE[/QUOTE].

Do the perforations in the base of the blade make it stronger?
That handle is a little bit short.
That price is an eye opener.
I ll pass.

I wish ZT would release a mini 0562. It would be great to have a ZT model of the 3” XM-18.
Skip the 3.0 and go with a 3.25 if they’re never going to make a proper 0566..
A 3.25 0562TI/CF/G10 would be totally BA and I’d buy a bunch.

The arrow head flipper tab looks like it would inflict serious pain on the user. The blade looks like it was purposely designed to break off at the perforations.
Lol,have they legalized magic mushrooms in Oregon?
giphy.gif

The arrow head flipper tab looks like it would inflict serious pain on the user. The blade looks like it was purposely designed to break off at the perforations.
Lol,have they legalized magic mushrooms in Oregon?
giphy.gif

Oh sure, blame the rest of us.;)

this looks like ZT got drunk and had a baby with Mtech

I like ZT so I hope it’s a success. This knife might do well considering it was released for the 75th anv. of Dday thing. There are a lot of knife lovers who appreciate knives mainly from a military history perspective.

Hopefully something good will come out of this drunken love child

I was inspired by your work @b00n
I present exhibit C below. Just messing around though. I think I get what they were going for, just not for me.

VPAUQxf.jpg

If this ZT is a bastard child then that’s the .223’s (great name btw) successful half brother.

I wish ZT would release a mini 0562. It would be great to have a ZT model of the 3” XM-18.

Agreed. It's the only folder I want from ZT: 0562TI Mini with a 3" slicer blade of 20CV (0.14" thick), KVT and all titanium.

Back