Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

I just noticed that Springfield Armory sells a special engraved 0095BW.

Love the knife (have an s90v tan copy already) and SA. Anybody tried ? Thanks,

Roland.

The ZT 0095BW sold by Springfield Armory is no different than the discontinued ZT 0095BW except for the Springfield Armory writing on both sides of the handle. SA is selling theirs for $249.00 but you can find the regular discontinued 0095BW for about $179.99 now.

ge4600_l_77_detail.jpg

ge4600_r_1624_detail.jpg

The ZT 0095BW sold by Springfield Armory is no different than the discontinued ZT 0095BW except for the Springfield Armory writing on both sides of the handle. SA is selling theirs for $249.00 but you can find the regular discontinued 0095BW for about $179.99 now.

ge4600_l_77_detail.jpg

ge4600_r_1624_detail.jpg

If I were a hardcore Springfield brand loyalist, I'd probably buy that. Even at the premium. But I also dig S&W, Colt, Glock, Browning, Ruger, Beretta, Sako, Taurus, NAA, Marlin....

If I were a hardcore Springfield brand loyalist, I'd probably buy that. Even at the premium. But I also dig S&W, Colt, Glock, Browning, Ruger, Beretta, Sako, Taurus, NAA, Marlin....

That branded 0095 seems like something Springfield should throw in if you buy a Socom 16 directly from them. Kind of a promotional but functional little extra.

If anyone at ZT reads this, halden.doerge halden.doerge and I live very close to you. We’d be MORE than happy to come visit you prior to a new release for 5 minutes and give you our very educated insights on how a new model might fare, and even provide suggestions on how certain models might be improved. I’m sure you already have folks on tap to do this, but clearly everyone was out sick the day this one hit the table. The only price we’d ask for this is for you to please never again release something like this atrocity. Cheers, Radioactive

Was there some past drama around the designer of the 0223? I thought I saw someone mention something about Tim in another thread.

If anyone at ZT reads this, halden.doerge halden.doerge and I live very close to you. We’d be MORE than happy to come visit you prior to a new release for 5 minutes and give you our very educated insights on how a new model might fare, and even provide suggestions on how certain models might be improved. I’m sure you already have folks on tap to do this, but clearly everyone was out sick the day this one hit the table. The only price we’d ask for this is for you to please never again release something like this atrocity. Cheers, Radioactive

Yes. We are here. We can help. :D

IMO stop pin, pivot and blades are the main components of the knife resistance
Locking mechanism comes way behind if you use your knife in the right direction ;)

Certainly relieved all my worries , because obviously the pivot will fail long before the perorated blade ! :rolleyes:

Yea, if you make the blade thick enough it doesn't matter! That must be why they thought it was a good idea.:D

If the blade stock was designed to cut, with say a .12" stock thickness (dare I say .10" even) it would still be plenty tough to satisfy the "hard use" marketing, but it may actually slice an apple or cut open a plastic clamshell with ease.

Don’t be silly, nobody uses a pocket knife for that. Cutting and prying through a car roof, that’s what people use pocket knives for.
:rolleyes:

Also car hoods, doors, and occasionally meat boots as documented in the Cold Steel proof videos depicting normal use cases.

At least CS still maintains it's manufactures forum here . Feel free to come over anytime to make fun ! :)

Don't think CS knives have too many superfluous holes , either . ;)

No sales pitch needed for me, meat boots or not some of my most-used knives are made by Cold Steel.

ZT does seem to have an interesting approach to community interaction/brand management. It's like this: Who should we have be our public face out there? Everybody hates my sister's dim-witted boy Thomas and he's unemployed, how about him? Alright, your obnoxious halfwit nephew Thomas it is. How should we handle criticism? No criticism will be allowed. What if it's constructive and it's being made by a fan of our brand? Anything less than fawning praise will not be tolerated.

The 0223? Meh . . . :confused:

Sorry, I've got 31 ZTs but this will NOT be #32. It's not "awful" but -- like the 0022 and 0460 -- it's just not something I would care to collect or carry, given all of the others that I have to choose from.

BTW: I own and am a big fan of the "vintage" Kershaw JYD 2.0 (1725BLK) & 2.2 (1725.CB) and Rake (1780CB), all designed by Gaylean. I just don't think that the 0223 even comes close to those in terms of design/style and appeal and they are already 20 year old knives.

I agree, love Gaylean's older Kershaw designs. Even though the detent is one of the weakest I've ever experienced, the JYD II is one of my favs.

Jesus you guys weren't kidding about the 0223.

WTF is happening with ZT? Their stuff used to be some of my favorites in the knife world. The 0777 is legendary. Nowadays half of the stuff they put out looks like a gas station special and functions like crap. It's great for my wallet, but bad for the soul.

I’m honestly wondering if they’ve borked up some of their collab relationships, or have gone through some sort of restructuring exercise or something. The little pieces I see from them on social seem to be arrogant and defensive on most things. Not a good look at the moment. Have they gone through some sort of internal changes?
Does anybody on this forum have any inside connections with ZT?

Back