Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

I sold most my ZTs, I still have an 0450cf, 0452wbw and a 0920..... they're all perfect lockups, perfect flipping action and amazing quality. Sold all.the ones that felt cheap or bulky. I only.wish ZT would make an 0451 at 3.5" with a 5" grip in some premium metal like cpm20cv, that I would buy in a heart beat.

ZT is no longer ZT, though. They're Kershaw Premium USA-Made Knives. Their new Rambo-esque folder (0223) is almost a parody of what they used to make, and the tiny 0022 is a pretty good representation of the kind of products they have released since roughly 2016.

I don't really mind it, to be honest; their earlier folders were unwieldy bricks and they have changed their product line to match the current market demands. The 0550 made sense in 2014, but it would seem almost ludicrous now that the "overbuilt" trend has settled down. Also, like Spyderco and Benchmade, they occasionally make knives that are bewildering in design - but I think it's more noticeable with ZT because their product line is significantly smaller than their competitors.

I "discovered" knife collecting just recently and gathered quite a large collection in a very short period of time.

It was the "overbuilt" nature of the early ZTs initially hooked me on the hobby and motivated me to pay more than $100 for a knife, which I thought was an outrageous amount to spend on a knife just a year ago.

The 1st was a used ZT0562 that I still think is one of the best EDC knives in my collection. I just had to get a free clip and pay $10 for a new pivot screw to improve its appearance.

I now have 33 ZTs and the only ones that I'm still buying are variations of the models that I like best, including the extremely "overbuilt" 0200 (of which I've got 3) and the less "overbuilt" but still large and refined (to me) 0452 (of which I also have 3).

I also have at least 1 of each type of ZT/Hinderer including the 0550, 0551, 0560, 0562 (2) and 0566 (2). I also have at least one of each ZT/Onion model as well, including the 0200, 0300, 0350 and the 0360SKD variation on the 0350.

Compared w/the 0200/0300, the 0550/0551 hardly look/feel "overbuilt" and none of them feel to me like "unwieldy bricks" in my hand or pocket but they all overshadow anything in terms of size/build quality that ZT currently makes.

I don't know if it's cost or a change in consumer demand that has apparently changed ZT/KAI's approach to knife design but personally I don't like the direction they have taken and I am now ONLY buying older ZTs in order to fill what I consider "gaps" in my ZT collection and will not buy a "new" ZT unless they return to the type of knife that they use to make which drew me to their line of knives in the 1st place.

PS: 3 ZTs that I'm looking for are listed in my signature line. Send me a PM if you've got one you'd like to sell for a reasonable price. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
W T F is ZT doing?

0566 is a staple of staples. Quite possibly their best knife.
I just ordered another at that crazy price. It probably sees the most EDC for me, personally. I’m carrying one now.
Either:
1. Something really has happened with their Hinderer collab as Ive suspected.
2. The 0566 is about to be replaced with what we’ve all been begging for - a Ti frame non-assist 0566 version.
3. ZT has gone full retard.
4. All of the above.

Sadly, I think the golden age of KAI (ZT 0777,0454,0888,0999--kershaw Tilt, Kershaw Junkyard Dog, etc) is long over now and probably won't come back unless the company figures out who they are and gets some better leadership and/or PR people.

Someone, somewhere in KAI for whatever reason is making a lot of bad decisions

Agree with most of the comments on CS/Spyderco but not sure about this bit yet. ZT did a great job in the overbuilt, hard use folder craze, giving people Hinderer and Strider models that they wanted... Now it all seems to be the instagram craze, and instead of overbuilt framelocks, it's all about...the blade dropping shut freely? Apparently? But I'm not convinced they're not competing successfully in this market, either, even with all the new competitors out of China that have sprung up.

But the last ZT I bought was an 0801BRWCF, and I'm still trying to figure out why the Piston and Camber were discontinued, and trying to remember if my Elmax Blur is buried in the back of the knife drawer or I sold it off...so maybe I'm not the most invested customer to be judging them myself at this point. ;)

W T F is ZT doing?

0566 is a staple of staples. Quite possibly their best knife.
I just ordered another at that crazy price. It probably sees the most EDC for me, personally. I’m carrying one now.
Either:
1. Something really has happened with their Hinderer collab as Ive suspected.
2. The 0566 is about to be replaced with what we’ve all been begging for - a Ti frame non-assist 0566 version.
3. ZT has gone full retard.
4. All of the above.

I thought that had already been discontinued. You forgot option 5: They aren't selling well.

Indeed. If it doesn’t sell KAI USA makes room on the limited US production line for other knives. Their US-made Kershaw autos sell very well. ZT could make a killer OTF Auto. Of course, the only thing I want from ZT is a 0562TI Mini with a 3” blade like XM-18 3”.

Indeed. If it doesn’t sell KAI USA makes room on the limited US production line for other knives. Their US-made Kershaw autos sell very well. ZT could make a killer OTF Auto. Of course, the only thing I want from ZT is a 0562TI Mini with a 3” blade like XM-18 3”.

Sheepsfoot! I concur.

So 3 more gone without anything new to replace them?

ZT’s going to work themselves down to about 5 knives.

Makes no sense. Somethin’s up. I think ZT has something up their sleeves.

The 566 is discontinued?? NOOOO! I love my 566cf! I may have to pick up another one. Just ordered an 0770 in grey aluminum to go with my 0770cf... Lol

As for big overbuilt folders compared to what they are doing now... They're still well made. My 0470 is a great knife! I don't need pocket hatchets. Although I can see the appeal of them.

But the 223...blech.

*just looked at blade HQ... Seems only the 566cf is discontinued?

ZT’s site says all 3 are still in production, but that usually takes awhile for their site to get updated.

*just looked at blade HQ... Seems only the 566cf is discontinued?

I don’t doubt BladeHQ’s Instagram post that all three (0566, 0566BW, 0566CF) have been discontinued plus now they’re all discounted more than 20%.

Last edited:
ZT’s site says all 3 are still in production, but that usually takes awhile for their site to get updated.

ZT is always late in updating discontinued knives. Even now these, amongst others, are still not marked as discontinued: 0055, 0850, 0095BW, 0220, 0393.

KnifeCenter has the discontinued & discounted 0566 for just $119.95 shipped! That's 40% off MSRP instead of the usual 20%.

0566BW and 0566CF are also discounted at KC.

So 3 more gone without anything new to replace them?

ZT’s going to work themselves down to about 5 knives.

Makes no sense. Somethin’s up. I think ZT has something up their sleeves.

If it wasn't for the various 0350 series models which came out about 10 years ago ZT would have even fewer current production models (see list below). I believe the 0350, 0450, 0452, 0562 and 0770 series sell well. So, probably quite a few more discontinued models this year.

1. 0022 (CPM-20CV)
  2. 0350 (CPM-S30V)
  3. 0350BW (CPM-S30V)
  4. 0350ST (CPM-S30V)
  5. 0350SW (CPM-S30V)
  6. 0350TS (CPM-S30V)
  7. 0350TSST (CPM-S30V)
  8. 0393GLCF (CPM-20CV)
  9. 0450 (CPM-S35VN)
  10. 0450CF (CPM-S35VN)
  11. 0452CF (CPM-S35VN)
  12. 0456 (CPM-20CV)
  13. 0460 (CPM-S35VN)
  14. 0460TI (CPM-20CV)
  15. 0462 (CPM-20CV)
  16. 0470 (CPM-20CV, textured handle)
  17. 0562CF (CPM-20CV)
  18. 0562TI (CPM-20CV)
  19. 0609 (CPM-20CV)
  20. 0640 (CPM-20CV)
  21. 0770CF (CPM-S35VN)
  22. 0801TI (CPM-S35VN)

Maybe they’re listening to us true enthusiasts and are going to make a TI, ball bearing version of the 0566....(0567?)...that would be cool. And just because it’s “discontinued” doesn’t really mean much. They brought back the 0808 with the 0808blk and the 0804cf came back a couple times
I like all my ZTs, but like others have mentioned, most of mine are 2015-2017 models. Don’t really care for some of the newer stuff. I love the “overbuilt” stuff like the 0909 and 0200 etc, but they don’t get much pocket time since they’re so damn bulky. I usually carry my 0801bw, 0566bw and sometimes my 0452.
Edit: still waiting for a ZT version of the Kershaw Shield. That would be an awesome regular production knife as long as it’s under $300

Apparently Zero Tolerance just discontinued the 0566 via BladeHQ.
ZT is discontinuing more models than they're releasing and the new models leave a lot to be desired imo, its almost depressing. Wish they would give us some reassurance that they haven't gone completely mad, but I wouldn't be surprised if they disco'd the 0350 next month with the direction they seem to be headed.

Back