Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

Off the top of my head the 0600 was hollow, and pretty sure the 0301/0350 were too.

Why you gotta bring up the 0600? Haven't we been hurt enough?

Would love a proper, waved Emerson with a deep hollow. Followed by a 0562 Skinny HG that comes with a warning about how thinly the blade is ground.

I brought this back from page nine. Risky, I know. So, tonight I had a few beers and browsed through my Instagram feed. I quickly scrolled past the discounted ZT 0223 and noticed a couple nice looking Kershaw’s. Because, like many others, I’m not intrigued by much of ZT’s recent offerings, I thought perhaps, I’ll keep my eye out for a new Kershaw of good construction with decent steel. That’s when the light came on, ZT has somehow squandered relationships with past collaborators/designers, and simply cannot produce anything of marketable value at this time. So, Kershaw is left to take up the slack for KAI. It’s late and I’ve had a few beers but, am I wrong?

Because it looks like a gas station knife IMO.

Exactly! Yet there's people on their Instagram praising it. ZT makes some great knives, the 223 is not one of them. I don't care if it's as smooth and solid as my 562cf, it looks like crap. Not worth the money, just like the 0022...200 bucks for that little thing?

From the ZT instagram, more sprints of discontinued knives.

WoeSnWK.png

ZT 0920TTS and 0920BLUBLK

Those are some ZT's I can get behind, nice!!

I received an email from the ZT mailing list about the 0223 then.......unsubscribed.

ZT 0920TTS Sprint Run, 20CV Tiger-Stripe DLC, Tan-Anodized Titanium Handle & Pocket Clip, Black-Anodized Aluminum Tube Spacers, Street Price of $260.00

0920tts_profile_sr_1020x400.png

0920tts_clipside-closed_1020x400.png

0920tts_in-hand_1020x400.png

ZT 0920BLUBLK Sprint Run, 20CV Matte-Black DLC, Ultra-Matte Blue Anodized Titanium Handle, Black-Anodized Aluminum Tube Spacers, Black-Anodized Titanium Pocket Clip, Street Price of $260.00

0920blublk_profile_sr_1020x400.png

0920blublk_clipside-closed_1020x400.png

0920blublk_in-hand_1020x400.png

It’s like ZT has lost all ability to design a new knife that doesn’t stink so they rehash discontinued models with different colors.

Looks like I’ll be buying that PM2 or mini crooked river I’ve been holding off on since ZT doesn’t offer anything that I like anymore. Sad.

I guess I just don't get ZT. All of the tank like models they come out with, they kill.

The 909 may still be my unequivocal favorite. However, in super happy to stay in 303 land.

A lot of folks were ticked when the ZT0920 was discontinued and they wanted to see some different offerings with it. ZT came through with what are 2 very cool 920 Sprint Runs. They may not be for everyone but I think they kick ass.

I can report on one of ZT’s tankier new knives, the 0562ti. Bought from BHQ, it arrived on time double boxed, as usual. The knife came clean and set-up properly. Blade is centered. I took it apart, lubed the pivot and put it back together. At first I thought the pivot was too strong, but it was my flipping method that was off- this is a “lightswitch” style tab, not one you can simply press. Clip works great. Weight is not an issue.

My only complaint regards the factory edge. The knife was not very sharp and needed sharpening right out of the box. There was also one tiny flaw. Where the cutting edge meets the choil, the grind is asymmetrical - just barely. I consider this a these small defects, but then again, it’s a pricey knife. Carries and uses well.

I guess I just don't get ZT. All of the tank like models they come out with, they kill.

The 909 may still be my unequivocal favorite. However, in super happy to stay in 303 land.

They have non-tank like models too. Really only one of mine is a tank, my 0562cf. My 0470, 0770s, and my 0566cf are all good slicers and are a more pocket friendly size.

They can do tanks, they can do good cutters. But that 223...yeesh.

Everything I've ever owned from ZT has been top notch quality. I do carry a couple ZT models regularly in my rotation. However, it's one of those brands that I want to fall in love with, but it just doesn't happen for some reason.

I'll keep wishing.

Back