Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

FWIW - I have one...it has great action and great build quality. I have taken it to the range a few times now and I have never once heard it called a "gas station knife" by anyone other than a self proclaimed knife junkie. I get that its not for everyone....but the butthurt about this knife is perplexing. Looking at half the offerings in the Spyderco catalog, not to mention the monstrosities that come out of WE and many other companies these days...guess everyone needs something to whine about:)

69166160_499584520817281_2113729598653974602_n.jpg

American made, great materials, supports a local economy....don't like it, buy something else.....preferably American made:)

I could be onboard with the 223 if it weren't that massive cutout in the blade. It just ruins the knife for me. A deep oval fuller like found on a Ka-Bar would make it an absolute win for me.

My huge gripe with ZT is that I'm getting old and cranky because they don't make the knives I like anymore. They don't really make the full size 300 series, 200, 909, 900, hard use fixed blade, etc. I know they killed them because they didn't sell and not because of some personal vendetta against yours truly. I was just more of a fan of their monstrously overbuilt brusiers. I've got enough of their beautifully functional artisan knives. No knock against them, but I've got about 6 of them. I'm also covered with their practical edc size and style. I want them to bring on some monsters.

Just a personal preference...now get off my lawn you damn kids.

Nicely done jon47c! :thumbsup:

From left to right (Gen 2 had the steel lock bar insert):
  1. 0560 (Elmax, Gen 1)
  2. 0560 (Elmax, Gen 2)
  3. 0560BLK (Elmax)
  4. 0560BW (Elmax, Gen 1)
  5. 0560BW (Elmax, Gen 2)
  6. 0560CBCF (CPM-S110V/Sandvik 14C28N)
  7. 0561 (Elmax, Gen 1)
  8. 0561 (Elmax, Gen 2)

Last edited:
I could be onboard with the 223 if it weren't that massive cutout in the blade. It just ruins the knife for me. A deep oval fuller like found on a Ka-Bar would make it an absolute win for me.

My huge gripe with ZT is that I'm getting old and cranky because they don't make the knives I like anymore. They don't really make the full size 300 series, 200, 909, 900, hard use fixed blade, etc. I know they killed them because they didn't sell and not because of some personal vendetta against yours truly. I was just more of a fan of their monstrously overbuilt brusiers. I've got enough of their beautifully functional artisan knives. No knock against them, but I've got about 6 of them. I'm also covered with their practical edc size and style. I want them to bring on some monsters.

Just a personal preference...now get off my lawn you damn kids.
You can still get a 300 model in all it's indestructible glory

FWIW - I have one...it has great action and great build quality. I have taken it to the range a few times now and I have never once heard it called a "gas station knife" by anyone other than a self proclaimed knife junkie. I get that its not for everyone....but the butthurt about this knife is perplexing. Looking at half the offerings in the Spyderco catalog, not to mention the monstrosities that come out of WE and many other companies these days...guess everyone needs something to whine about:)

I think that's the best pic of a 0223 that I've seen. Still not for me but it looks a lot better than it does in other pics that I've seen of it.

BTW, just bought a 0300ST and a 0160 which join a 0300BW and a 0121 in my collection of now 38 ZTs.

You can still get a 300 model in all it's indestructible glory

Yeah I was incredibly lucky to follow this thread and stumbled on the tiger stripe 303, but it's not a regular in the line up. However, I am so smitten with it that short of planning on buying a Sebenza in the near future, no other knife has gotten much pocket time over the last several months.

Not even a trip to SMKW yesterday inspired me to plunk down any coin on anything else. The 303 really is a great knife for me. I just wish knives like it were still in the ZT line up. I really haven't been too into anything they have released in the last 2 years.

I got mine from Blade HQ. Just checked and they are out of stock. I jumped on the chance to get one even when i didn't really have the coin for it. I had wanted one for years. Everything I expected and more. The 350 really doenst do it justice, to be honest.

Well you're no help!

;)

Keep dropping hints to my wife to get me one, but she's not delivered the goods yet...

I grabbed a 350 at the local Gander Outdoors store, which is closing and had everything marked 40% off. It was the only ZT in the store. It wasn't even so much a matter of wanting a 350 specifically, but it checks off a lot of boxes for me (good steel, G10 over steel liners, ambidextrous studs + flipper, USA built) and fits nicely into my EDC rotation.

Back