Zero Tolerance ID Needed

I purchased a knife on an auction site recently that looks identical to a ZT 0121 but has tiger stripes and is missing any identifying marks. (I don’t even see remnants of markings in the usual places) The knife has been well used, as evident from the horrible attempt at an edge and the worn kydex sheath.

The auction site didn’t try to ID the knife, so there was no help there. I bought it based on the similarity to the ZT and didn’t pay much for it. Hoping I found a hidden gem and not a knockoff, but that’s the risk I took.

Is anyone aware of ZT doing a 0121 with tiger stripes? Or ZT making any blades without markings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Pics can be found here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bslh9lJHrx2/

Last edited:
Did I do something wrong when posting this? I'm surprised I haven't gotten any replies just to give opinions. I read through the posting guidelines and think I abided by them all.

Let me know if I need to do something different. I'm definitely just a new guy.

Hey, no info on your knife, sorry, the reason you aren’t seeing a response is most of us are discussing a lost bladeforums member in another thread. Be patient, someone will chime in soon enough.

Not sure why its important to ID it put an edge on it and use it. If it takes an edge and holds it you found a deal.

I'm no expert but from what I've seen of the knife online, both the knife and sheath look like they belong to a 0121 to me.

The company that did the tiger stripe work probably stripped all of the markings off of the blade in the process.

Last edited:
I've never seen a. 0121 with tiger stripes. The shape and stripes look very ZT-like. Maybe it's an old prototype

I'm no expert but from what I've seen of the knife online, both the knife and sheath look like they belong to a 0121 to me.

The company who did the tiger stripe work probably stripped all of the marking off of the blade in the process.

Yea, that was my thought too, but I’m surprised someone would have the laser engravings removed altogether just to stripe over them. Everything looks pretty identical to me, but I just can’t find any tiger striped 0121’s from the factory, which is throwing me off.

Thank you for the response!

I've never seen a. 0121 with tiger stripes. The shape and stripes look very ZT-like. Maybe it's an old prototype

Interesting thought there. Thanks for the response! That would explain the lack of engravings as well. I did some good digging around for a striped 0121 and could find one myself. I’ll have to reach out to ZT again. Tried to reach out to them first, but never got a response. That’s why I came this direction. I wanted a bit of validation that striped 0121’s aren’t out in the market generally. Much appreciated!

Just a guess but someone probably took a 0121 and blasted the dlc to stripe it and that removed the markings

but I’m surprised someone would have the laser engravings removed altogether just to stripe over them.
One thing to consider is if the knife started out as a coated blade, surely it would have to be refinished before striping could be applied. Probably was blasted to get the coating off, which in turn removed the markings.

One thing to consider is if the knife started out as a coated blade, surely it would have to be refinished before striping could be applied. Probably was blasted to get the coating off, which in turn removed the markings.
Striping isnt applied it is simply done by removing a solid dlc .

Back