Zion Hike

Zion National Park

Last minute text comes in that says "Zion…this weekend." Who am I to turn down Zion? I have never been but I knew I had to go and why not…I got a new camera and a little bit of time. California through Nevada and into Arizona then finally…Utah! Zion National Park is a busy place and reminded me of a busy theme park where all that was missing was a giant mouse (oxymoron) and a few other characters. The truth is Zion National Park has the most spectacular views I have ever seen. This was just a relaxing photo trip and a good excuse to ditch the crowds in California over the holiday weekend. On the way back we stopped in Red Rock Canyon in Nevada. I will post those in another thread.

As always I took way too many pictures so rather than post them all I made a slideshow. I hope you enjoy them!

-RB
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk279/Bearthedog_photos/Trips/Zion/?albumview=slideshow

I have seen pictures of Zion for years and it always looks like there is one guy taking the same pictures. Everyone seems to get the same shots so I tried to capture a different view of the Zion. I chose to stay low and shoot up from the canyon. The weather was ficle and the temp. was close to 100F. After a few hours the clouds came in and that's when the pictures really came to life!

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4895.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

Bear,

What a great set of photos! Zion is one of the places still on my must do list - you just bumped it up several notches :D.
Thanks for sharing with everyone.

Absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing! Love those mountain peaks and sandstone colors.

wow... awesome pictures. :thumbup:
If only we had some mountains over here in the Netherlands ;)

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing! one of these days I will make it over there to see it for my own eyes, I have always heard great things

Zion probably has the most beautiful scenery of any park I have been to. Been there several times.

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing! Nice angles and I like the black and white too.

John
RAT Pack #73

Bearthedog what do you do for a living are you a photographer? Not that its my business

I remember going there with my old man in an RV. Thanks for bringing me back to one of the best camping trips ever. Good show!

Back