ZK series sheath liner removal question

Zuluninja

Tuquito Leather & Steel Works
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Pretty self explanatory; recently bought and modded a ZK Death Dagger, but now it rattles like crazy. I've taken Becker liners out before, but with this sheath I don't see a stitch that can be broken to pull it out. Seems like I will have to heat in place with a gun, but I'd rather pull it out and fit the blade to it with foam. Any suggestions?

dude, check out Ka-Bar's pic thread or chat, I posted pics there. Let me see if photobucket is working...

slimmed it down, made it more of a sticker with a false top edge. Got a stock one, still undecided on what to do to it or just leave alone, then sell it years from now as a "rarity" :D

IMG_20170508_185017521_zpsoip3cju9.jpg

IMG_20170508_185025315_zpsg76iu5pv.jpg

now it rattles too much. I do like the stock sheath, as I like most Becker sheaths. The BK-10 sheath got the liner and strap removed and substituted with a kydex insert, and it works great, so I would like to either pull the liner and hot mold or just scrap it if I don't like the result and insert kydex.

It's not working
I see though, I haven't checked in here for a while so I missed it.

Last edited:
Well, zulu, your pics are dead and NC, the pic in your signature is dead as well.

All hail pukebucket.

Quite annoying, indeed. Phuckebukket.

Eagerness to find out how to take it out led me to destroy the sheath, as I suspected tabs at the sides and jammed a Choppa down between sheath and liner... which led to cut side stitches. Then I just kept pulling at it... separated all the pieces, and found out it has 4 freaking tabs!! Oh well... seems like full kydex it will be then.

Sorry zulu. Your lose is the forums gain. I guess that's how we all learn. Trial and error.

I will take pics later and post them. There are four side tabs, while I was thinking it was only one at the bottom; which is why jamming down the Choppa was not a very bright idea :D

not one. not 2. 4 tabs, and a destroyed sheath as the result; hopefully phukkebukket works

IMG_20170717_194849396_zps5jv4usap.jpg

IMG_20170717_194913329_HDR_zpshvcnjx8j.jpg

any suggestions?

I personally use google photos since I already use google mail.

I tried flickr for a while, but they "lost" me twice, killing my accounts for unknown reasons so I went to google when I changed email systems to google as I was tired of sending out change of email notifications every time my rural internet service provider changed.

slimmed it down, made it more of a sticker with a false top edge. Got a stock one, still undecided on what to do to it or just leave alone, then sell it years from now as a "rarity" :D

IMG_20170508_185017521_zpsoip3cju9.jpg~original

IMG_20170508_185025315_zpsg76iu5pv.jpg~original

now it rattles too much. I do like the stock sheath, as I like most Becker sheaths. The BK-10 sheath got the liner and strap removed and substituted with a kydex insert, and it works great, so I would like to either pull the liner and hot mold or just scrap it if I don't like the result and insert kydex.

Alright! Fixed it

Stripped the hex head handle screws on my Baconmaker. Now I cant get them out to measure replacements. I dont want to drill them out untill I have new ones in my hand. Anybody know the size of the screws and the threaded insert dia/length

Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 I would bet they are 10-32 3/4", however I don't think drilling them will be needed. Try using a size smaller wrench, tap it in with a small mallet & it should grip enough to get them out. Then you can replace them .

Back