Zombie Apocalypse

Hello all

I have been lurking for maybe the past month and have just picked up the khuriki fever =) I have my first o the way and can't wait.

I was just wanting to know the general consensus on what khuriki you would want to use in the zombie apocalypse?

I would just like to special mention Karda and Yangdu for their amazing customer service. And also all on the forum for just being such a great community. This place is one of a kind. Keep it up team

Regards
Dan

Well, in case of the ZA, I'd stick with light and fast, a Sirupati, Kobra, or Chit would be on the list, 18-24". For sheer power a CAK about 20" and in the 30oz weight range would do a good job removing heads. For the doubters about the ZA, just look at the last 2 elections, it is already here!

Great topic man. First we have to consider what kind of zombies we're dealing with here. Are they the slow moving partially decayed sort from Night of The Living Dead, or the crazy fast moving kind like the ones in 28 Days Later? Do they require separation of the head from the body? or brain trauma to stop them? I always assume brain trauma would be a requirement. In this case you'd need a good chopper, that would still be light enough to wield quickly.

I chose the 18 inch Ganga Ram. It weighs about 2 lbs, is a great chopper, but would still be very useful for knife combat. In fact, I've been trying to get another one for the past 5 weeks, but they have been out of stock. I think I may have purchased the last one to ever be produced.
20130418_185247_zps0de69737.jpg

Last edited:
I say, when the difference between survival rests on putting the walkers down before they bite or scratch you, you need reach, and you need speed.

A longer Siru, Chitlangi, or Kobra is what I endorse. Plenty of oomph to bang into a brain cavity while remaining light enough to keep swinging through a horde.

Word to the wise - don't accidentally brush your open eye or lips with a zombie-entrail encrusted hand. Could make for a bad day at the office.

A gun that takes a high cap magazine along with several of said mags. My ideal knife would be something with a corkscrew and bottle opener... Perhaps a toothpick.

Thanks for the input team. I think I would have to agree with the speed and reach argunent. You don't really want walkers geeting anywhere neer your squishy bits. How long is long enough though 18" 20" or bigger? Weight is also a factor you want to be able to swing untill they are all dead :) haha

Thanks for the input team. I think I would have to agree with the speed and reach argunent. You don't really want walkers geeting anywhere neer your squishy bits. How long is long enough though 18" 20" or bigger? Weight is also a factor you want to be able to swing untill they are all dead :) haha

They'll never be all dead. In order for a zombie apocalypse to be worthy of the name, there would have to be millions of them. Maybe billions, eventually.

If you use a gun it should be equipped with a silencer, since research has proved that noise attacts zombies from all over. Preferably three handguns for indoors and three rifles for outdoors, so you have backups for the backups. And a truckload of ammunition. barrels of gas, nonspoilable food for a year or more. An eighteen-wheeler might hold it all, but where are you going to go when the roads are blocked?

Therefore, as long as we're fantasizing, we might as well fantasize a heavy duty helicopter (to haul all the food and weaponry) with plenty of gas and a large, isolated, unpopulated island to fly it to.

To clear the island (in case it's not totally unpopulated) I suggest an 18" khukuri in one of the lighter weight models for close quarters, and a solidly built sword (such as a tarwar) for outdoor use. Remember, blades never jam or run out of ammo.

Oh, and I agree with benthughes about not neglecting the smaller necessities. A can opener can be a lifesaver in the early months, before everything spoils and you have to grow your own food. A multi-tool Swiss army knife can cover many needs. And good boots, because sometimes it's best to just RUN!

By the way, I'm guessing that this thread will soon be moved to the Cantina, along with discussions of vampires (wooden bladed khukuri?) and werewolves (silver bladed khukuri?)

I'm grabbing my Manakamana khukuri :)

Interesting topic and I had a discussion with an old army buddy of mine who advocates light and fast for military use. Though the discussion was khukuri against human flesh/limbs, I'm thinking zombies aren't much different media to cut into :)

For me it would be a Bonecutter. The name fits and the blade is perfect for the deanimation of Zombies.

I think that a 25" siru would be ideal. something balanced and fast but still capable of devastating chops. Or maybe even a 20" dui chirra with a d-guard handle. in fact, d-guard handles for everything.

I only have KLO's

Busse KZII, and CS magnum machete.

Some one already posted the Bone Cutter. Thick, full tang, heavy and strong enough to smash skulls and separate necks even when dull.

I was just watching a video with ceremonial beheading of water buffalo with a Khukuri. The size they were using were much more heavy two handed sword like.

I only have KLO's

Busse KZII, and CS magnum machete.

Some one already posted the Bone Cutter. Thick, full tang, heavy and strong enough to smash skulls and separate necks even when dull.

I was just watching a video with ceremonial beheading of water buffalo with a Khukuri. The size they were using were much more heavy two handed sword like.

Bro, pretty sure we can let you slide with the killazilla, I'd like to play with one some day, but @ $900 I'll likely never do so.

Thank you for the kind words and welcome to the HI and forum, madadoor

I'm sure we've been over this before, and on every other board I've ever been on, but bones harden like stone on dead things.

If memory serves, FEMA briefly endorsed zombie apocalypse fans saying that the basic principles of survival can apply across a range of issues. I would aim for a blade more suited for general work in your region. The cold hardwoods are an entirely different place than a capital city. Pick your blade according to your needs.

I would have to say my 18" sirupate by Santosh.

Its fast yet hits hard. My Tarwar would probably slice things in two but being I live in a urban environment size, portability and being able to maneuver in tight spaces all play into a factor for me.

Last edited:
Back