Zombie Apocalypse

Bro, pretty sure we can let you slide with the killazilla, I'd like to play with one some day, but @ $900 I'll likely never do so.

Well, the KZII was much less than that at show direct prices (like nearly 1/2 as expensive). I had some one nab one, and pass on the savings. I am kicking my self for not grabbing a Gladius at the show price, which was insanely less than they sell for now.

I don't believe the KZII will out chop a comparable HI khukri. The steel may be a bit more wizbang, but HI is using tough stuff with 5160, and a polished proper HT, grind and geometry is where the performance comes from, not the steel choice, (as long as it is strong enough steel for the job, which 5160 sure is).

I look at HI all the time. I have not bought one because I have "enough" choppers (well never enough, but I can't justify spending more on them).

Last edited:
For any kind of "Survival" type scenario, I always lean towards a WWII model. They are great all-around blades that were designed for combat, but also work great for Utility. The M43 is an other blade designed for combat that works great in the woods.

When I'd go on 3 to 5 day backpacking trips in College, I always had a Folder in my pocket, a folding saw in or on my pack and a 15" Sirupati or a Hatchet, just in case. People talk about the one Knife or One tool scenario. . . . I don't work that way. If I had to bug out, I'd try to cram a few blades into my pack. Would probably have a WWII (more then likely my 16") on my belt and then I'd stash my 20" Sirupati in my pack as a backup. Shoot, I'll probably have a stout Fixed blade on my belt, strong side with the Khukri on my belt cross draw. A longish machete and a Khukri would be a pretty sweet blade combo!

You guys.....

I just got my Tirtha Cherokee Rose from the Fathers Day DOTD... IT IS MY NEW FAVORITE HI ITEM!

I have owned a kobra, siru, m43, spear vala, gelbu, ak, tgk, ww2, cak... and I have to say the Cherokee Rose is the weapon/tool I have always dreamed of!

Zombies? No problem.

It is unbelievably light weight for a 20" weapons, handles like a dream, and has an incredibly sharp (hair shaving, thanks Tirtha) blade! The clipped tip is also something frightening. It back cuts well, slashes, stabs, and is an all around dream to fondle.

GET ONE AND DON'T REGRET IT!

I am ready for the zombies.

I have a 21 inch Chitlangi and a huge Foxy Folly...both have a shaving sharp edge, both are built like tanks, and both were forged by Tirtha (AKA THE MAN). I would think that either would suffice for splittin zombie WIGS!

You guys.....

I just got my Tirtha Cherokee Rose from the Fathers Day DOTD... IT IS MY NEW FAVORITE HI ITEM!

I have owned a kobra, siru, m43, spear vala, gelbu, ak, tgk, ww2, cak... and I have to say the Cherokee Rose is the weapon/tool I have always dreamed of!

Zombies? No problem.

It is unbelievably light weight for a 20" weapons, handles like a dream, and has an incredibly sharp (hair shaving, thanks Tirtha) blade! The clipped tip is also something frightening. It back cuts well, slashes, stabs, and is an all around dream to fondle.

GET ONE AND DON'T REGRET IT!

I am ready for the zombies.
I bought one of those as a B-day gift to myself. And I don't buy birthday gifts, especially for myself.

Yeah, the Cherokee Rose is basically a sword. Just typing this out has prompted me to pull it out of the ottoman and look down the blade.

Thats a no brainer! my 45 cal. sirupate of course!
d829085e3f2319854c28d7b4f79972a0

Yall just aint thinkin!

Yes you do sir. So far I haven't gotten the feaver, I'm running eight months strong with just my m43. I used to be one of those guys that drooled over every blade on the web, but now I'm content, almost zen. I put it through hard hard use here in the Missouri jungle, including Uncle Bill's whack test, and it laughs. I have my knife, come hell or high water; zombies or mall samurai, I'm ready. Get a khukuri, even a low cost blem, then put it and your kabar through a whack test, and see how you feel. I even remember reading somewhere on here that a guy with practical knowledge and access to some sizeable historical collection of weapons put Himalayan Imports blades on par or better than weapons men at arms would trust their lives on some time in the middle ages.

Hi All

I am new here but have been lurking for years.

For an all round tool, I think the M43 has the best balance (for me anyway).

I have only ever used mine once or twice for chopping saplings, but it goes through with one swing.

Possibly it would go through flesh just as easily.

Konrad

Greetings Madadoor-My choice would be the new
pattern Kobra for reach and speed,and the Munk chunk
for bone cracking power.Neither would leave much to
the imagination.Best wishes-Joe.

Last edited:
for my ... my savage 99 in 358win, cold steel trail hawk, and my Field Knife :)
talk about a chopper .. Z's necks no problem ,,

and the fire piston to burn the carcass's :)

Talon

That's awesome gear, H_Talon. Someone is prepared here :D
Is the Savage a kicker at that cal?

I'd just get a 12ga with 00 shot in it to deal with the pest problem. It's a shame to soil my kuks on those Zombies...

That's awesome gear, H_Talon. Someone is prepared here :D
Is the Savage a kicker at that cal?

I'd just get a 12ga with 00 shot in it to deal with the pest problem. It's a shame to soil my kuks on those Zombies...

I use a 200grn @ 2500 ish fps, kick isn't bad at all, my 7mm-08 is less but I love the 35cals :)
I also have one in an A10, (also 358win) and I've ordered a custom 35cal suppressor for it (and waiting)

uses HK g3 mags, but my Field Knife wasn't in that pic :)

it will be the cat's meow as a Z (and anything else:) gun !!

Ok Ill go away :) Talon

Cool pic, both the background and the foreground! The A10 must be bringing the recoil down with semi action for sure.
You wouldn't believe how expensive this stuff is in Canada, and you have to wait for half a year (or never) to get any decent weapon. It is mostly because of you guys buying everything before it can ever get in here... due to the obvious reasons.
Oh, well, I'll stop here, before I'm told it's a wrong forum for those discussions, yadi yada.

Thanks Talon.

Iliam, sorry about your circumstances, I just moved from Kalifornia I know the feelings :)

CRZ from the grip to the point is 11" also from the front of the grip to the hilt is 5 3/4"
a total of 16 3/4"

only thing I have a problem with is the bone in the bone handle wasn't stabilized so it
has shrunk leaving some metal extended past it. I'd love to find a knife smith to re-handle
it in G10 tiger stripe. and a few other tweaks :)

now back to the regular scheduled topic :)

Talon

Thanks, for the info, H_Talon - you might just want to go ahead and take a swing at those scales yourself - a home-brewed set of micarta scales wouldn't be that hard to do, and would surely be less difficult on a knife like yours.

Just a thought.

Back