Zombie apocalypse

We all know its coming and since its October I thought a fun thread was in order. All right then here is a pic of a few of my anti-zombie tools, lots of others but these are the newest toys so thats the pic i took lol.

add your zombie tool pics
64079_1648656102728_1426711158_31629775_1770447_n.jpg

this is a saiga12 gauge shotgun converted to pistol grip with a standard ak buttstock and saw grip, need to pick up some 10 round mags and a 20 round drum. My 1911 45, junglas, and a zt pocket knife thats holdin me over until the hest folder comes.

take it easy
cricket

Except for the zombie hordes, I think where I live only a few at a time would come through. Not a lot of firepower, but not too loud. Enough to pop a zombie, and not cause enough of a ruckus to attract others. Either a high powered air rifle, or my Marlin 81TS. Ruger 22/45. Last but not least, keep brain hungry zed at bay with a ESEE lite machete.

Anyone read World War Z. The zombie bolo, and that rifle might work in real life...

;) :D

I like it! Speaking of zombie stuff, here is a japanese cartoon series that just wrapped up in japan called high school of the dead, just thought some of you might like it, gory, campy action, reflective. Nothing impossible really, they kept it as grounded as possible. If this or a natural disaster occured kinda thing. Its not syndicated for US release, so its legal to watch online just fine :) other wise I wouldn't post it. Take a look! Pretty entertaining!

High School of the Dead

Dave, what make is that 1911?

thats a springfield gi model with a few mods i did.

cricket

I saw one of those at the gunshop, will be my next purchase since I just got a SA XD40 and a socomII. Damn californias 10 day waiting period...

How does the coating on it hold up? The one I was looking at the slide was wearing off its coating, looked like alot of people handled it. But still really like its slim feel and weight.

I was debating between a kahr 45 and a sa 1911 in 45. But the SA won out lol. The kahr feels really light. A little to light. What kind of magazines are you using?

Can you suggest what mods to do right off the bat? Any issues you noticed with it when you first got it? Sorry for all the Qs btw, just wanted to know potential short comings.

Last edited:
Whoa, I'm in the OC today also. Cool. I will post some pics when I get home to my guns, but my ZA setup is

Option A:
Mossberg 500 12ga
Cheness Tenchi Katana
Springfield XD45
CS Kuk machete

Option B
Mossberg 500 12ga
CS Magnum Kuk
Colt 1911 (1975)
Molotav Cocktails

Option C
Howa 308 HB, Luepold scope, Harris bipod
Becker BK9
Springfield XD45 AND Colt 1911

Moose

that springfield started out stock gi, first thing to replace was the sights for something you could actually see, then a extended saftey and a beaver tail grip safety, tuned the extractor, put a good trigger in and changed the mainspring housing to a flat one, stippled the front of the grip and the mainspring housing, the bead blasted the whole thing and put a cote of gunkote on it and baked it in the oven. i use the wilson combat mags they seem to be the most reliable for me.

now that all said i did all the work myself and got most of the parts at cost so it wasn't very expensive. the gun was good to go out of the box for reliability and accuracy.

did the same thing for the saiga, i moved the trigger forward put a new trigger guard and trigger, fire control group, stock, and saw grip, tuned everything so it would work well and then painted it with krylon charcoal grill paint, it matches most ak finishes and lasts very well, and its really cheap!

take it easy
cricket

Gimme an axe or a machete and a few Molotov's and i'm set to go

Dave: you baked it in the oven? Seriously? Holy crap! I didn't know you could do that! I was thinking Wilson too for magazines, just wanted to see what you would say. Whatre you using to holster the 1911? Just curious, do you carry it inside pants or outside the band?

Moose: How you like the 45? I am thinking of getting that too, and a trigger job. I love how my 40 comes with a holster and mag holder out the box. However I am ganna get a nice leather holster for my 40 instead, cause I like to use normal belts, I hate using my 5.11 belt around house, and thats the only belt that firmly holds on the outside the XD's factory holster, feels like it dangles off on the side and has to much play coupled with its weight.

those tec22s are alot of fun but from the ones i had i could only get one to run well.
we had one that had a sweet spot in the trigger and if you found it, it would empty the mag in one pull. so dad sold it to a guy that was wanting it.

i carry it in a leather belt slide holster or a military holster on a pistol belt in the woods.

the oven bake works really well for the finish, only problem is the wife griping about the smell, same as when i make a kydex sheath.

take it easy cricket

Nice Zombie setup you got there.

I would suggest a leveraction rifle in a pistol caliber like the Marlin1894 in 357. Rossi has some short barrel models that would be good too.

AMC is coming out with a Zombie series Oct31 "The Walking Dead" looks very promising.

yep i'm looking forward to the walking dead alot...

now for lever guns revolvers and old fashioned double barrels

017.jpg

016-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

001-16.jpg

like i said in the first post...thats just the newest toy..

take it easy
cricket

i've got a stack of ARs and Glock 19s, plus a few 33rd G18 mags and a bunch of G17 mags. and a few Kukris.

Back