Zombie Killer arrived !!!!!!!!

It just happened perhaps an hour ago. Time has now become meaningless once again, because I have a new knife which will keep me entertained until at least....past the weekend. Or at least until my AR and GB arrive soon.

I could smell the UPS truck when it was 2 clicks away. It wreaked of tiger stripes and green paracord. The hair stood up on the back of my neck. And I knew that it was time. I've been dreaming of this day since April. Today.....is...the....day.

My dogs began to growl, and they launched themselves down our sprawling driveway. They slammed themselves against the security gate as the terrified UPS guy tossed the package over it. I waved to him happily as he flipped me off once again, and bolted for his ****-brown truck. He went about his misery of delivering packages full of worthless crap, but his deed for the day had been accomplished. He delivered my Zombie Killer. My Holy Grail of nasty fixed blades.

(note: the word t-u-r-d gets censored, but the word crap doesn't?? Go figure.)

I went into my home and pondered the contents of my long awaited package from my God-like friends at www.bladeart.com . They were kind enough to swipe the Zombie Killer from the Striderguys table at the end of the BAKCA show. And the Striderguys were drunk enough not to care. Thank god for beer. Mucho beer.

So as I ponder the contents, I begin to decide which of my daily carry blades will receive the honor of slicing the box open; new 98 Commander #28? No, too pristine. My Ryan Biohazard M1? Uhhh,...no way. Too pristine. My Microtech UT6? BINGO!

Click-snap goes the blade, slice-rifffff goes the box,....and out pours an ocean of styrofoam peanuts. Bladeart guys somehow manage to get a roomful of styrofoam peanuts into very small boxes. This is why Larry hired Vince. Vince is a professional styrofoam peanut packer.

And finally I see green paracord. The Zombie Killer is carefully extracted from the box. And...I.....AM...IN....AWE.

Last night during Suspect Chat, Ryan "KnifeBomber" asked me what I'm going to use the Zombie Killer for. Well, here at the ranch, we've recently had an infiltration of some rather nasty packs of Coyotes, which I've been systematically dispatching each evening compliments of my ACOG equipped Steyr AUG. So naturally the Zombie Killer will be used to lop the heads off of the offending Coyotes. Isn't this what everyone uses the Zombie Killer for???? As soon as my wife gets back into town with our digital camera, I'll post pics of the Zombie Killer here, and I'll also show you guys some severed Coyote heads. Fun for the entire family!

Mick, buddy, PLEASE send me the sheath for this amazing piece, otherwise I'm just going to carry it around in my hand forever, and this might tend to get dangerous during showers and sex. Thanks!

Congrats man, i can't wait to see those pictures of them coyotes :eek:

Please do send me a picture appropriate of using as wallpaper/desktop.
I just want to show some friends what my knife-friends do for hobby.. ;)

And Eric, be careful 'bout the sex part, sex is potentially dangerous, even without knives... ;)

Jonas, my friend, I'll certainly reserve a wallpaper quality close-up of the Zombie Killer severing Coyote vertebrae just for your desktop. Afterall, bald, grinning, Swedish, Suspect friends only come along once in a lifetime, so I'll gladly hook you up, bro. You ROCK, Jonas. :)

The grinds of this Tiger (Zombie Killer is so much more appropriate) are soooo complex and well done. If Laci Szabo and Steve Ryan had a baby, THIS Zombie Killer would clearly be the result. Bad Ass to the core.

And the TigerStripes on this piece are just way too cool. Strider TigerStripes just amaze me. I can't even begin to imagine how the Striderguys invented these. Perhaps they were grinding blades one night in a drunken stupor, spilled an odd mixture of imported beer and Tequila (with the worm)on a batch of blades, and sent them to Paul Bos for heat treat; Voila! Tiger Stripes were born? Okay, probably not, but it makes for an interesting story nonetheless. TigerStripes are beautiful to me in the same vein that a Glock Tenifer finish is beautiful to me. The next time that I buy a new Corvette, I'd like to have the Striderguys TigerStripe it for me. But the interior will be Tenifer. :)

Eric, congrats on the new baby. We need to talk about all these goodies soon. I think I am going to pass on SEAL 2001 and get a Tiger but one never knows as i might end up with both. :D

Hey, Tat, I'll shoot you my number right now, and we'll talk each other into buying everything that Strider makes.

After I receive the AR and GB, the 2001 and SLCC are my priorities. Actually, I need TWO SLCC's, both the Titanium and Talonite (each with stripes of course).

Zombie Killer. Bad Ass. I'm entirely shell-shocked by it. Damn.

Eric--

Ahhhh, another bearer of the dreaded zombie killer! It's...it's...just...BADASS!!!!! You're gonna love that sheath, very comfortable to wear. You'll have so much fun, you'll run out of coyotes I think...:D
Now to have the guys grind me out an aluminum trainer so that I don't butcher my training partner...I see some real promise in this design...

SGT Fitts

Mick, thanks for the e-mail, buddy. I know how busy you guys are, so thanks for sending the sheath right away. You guys are Bad Ass! Take care of the troops, as I know you are, my friend.

Are you a writer Eric? If you aren't you missed your calling, Christ, I get more excited when you get a knife than when I get one. I loved the one about the Emerson knife you got also, "nice choice lady, now move along" thats beautiful! LOL! Take care and I hope you get another one soon I look forward to it. :D

Hey Sarge Fitts,

I'm looking very forward to the sheath, and Mick was kind enough to e-mail me tonight and tell me that it's on the way. Thanks for affirming that it's worth the wait.

Interesting that you should ask Mick about an Aluminum Trainer because I was just sitting down to trace the shape of my new Zombie Killer onto 1/4" thick T-6 aluminum bar stock with the same idea in mind. My new bench grinder will pay for itself tomorrow. :)

Hey bigtree, thanks for the kind words. And, yes, I'm a writer of sorts. I've got a book and screenplay currently in the works. Thanks for noticing. I love to write! :)

Bald?? waddaya mean, bald??

Man, i'm shaved!!! :mad:
Old people are bald, i'm young at 29 years.

What an insult ;)

Can't wait to get that picture, very interesting to hear that you've got a book and screenplay in the works, i promise to buy the book! :)
Usual Suspects really are multi-talented.

Off to shave my [hairy] head....

Sorry Jonas, you're right; bald was a bad choice of words. I should've said glossy or reflective. Or perhaps cue-ballish. Egg like? Hmmmm,...aero dynamic! :) You should tattoo the Strider logo on top of your head so that if KnifeBomber ever does a flyby over Sweden he'll recognize you. :p

Duane, thanks for the kind words, and I am indeed VERY pleased. Hey, any idea how many of these Zombie Killers you guys have made so far? Just curious.

123? Thanks, Mick!

I would've guessed the number to be much lower because I've never seen a Tiger available on the secondary market. This just tells me that everyone who gets them keeps them. I have no trouble whatsoever comprehending this. Bad Ass Wicked! :)

Yeah Eric,
You sure know how to put word together.You should use your talent by writing for a magazine.:D
By the way, I have one of those Zombie Killers and I am holding on to it .
Warmest wishes,
Oliver

Hey Oliver, it's good to have friends who have Zombie Killers. Demented and twisted people need to stick together. :)

Mick, you're dead-on about the weirdness dripping mind stuff. A Zombie Killer in the hand transcends you into a mindset of absolute mayhem and other happy thoughts. Which is why I wanted one. :D

Now I just need to get a nice concealex/tek-lok IWB rig made so that I can take my happy little Zombie Killer along with me, out into our increasingly dangerous world.

Please, God, let me encounter a terrorist armed with a box cutter. :)

Eric--

Shxt, I'd be happy with a simple high-ride. The stock sheath doesn't lend itself well to concealed carry (without a trenchcoat).

SGT Fitts

Back