zombie lover? (contest)

:eek: looking for any other zombie lovers out there...

this forum has given me so many things its time for me to give back. so heres what im looking for:

1. tell me what your favorite zombie movie is and why.
2. post only once so others can enter
3. have fun with this, i will choose my favorite read as the winner!

winner will get the dvd AUTOMATON TRANSFUSION. kinda a sh^*ty zombie movie but hell its free! im also tossing in a CAMELBAK PERFORMANCE BOTTLE, your choice of zombie blood red, or zombie bashing silver. lol. Ill keep this going till it dies off.... get it, dies off........ lol any way. have fun with this guys. If i get good partisaption ill do more give aways in the futer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to say that my fave is Sean of the Dead. Funny, and some classic zombie-bashing action--gotta love that cricket bat! :D

My favorite ESEE would be the Lite Machete, but given my choice I'd have to go with my Condor Viking. It seems very nearly built for the task!

CIMG8360.jpg

Funny that you should post this giveaway--I'm wearing this shirt as I type this! :p

I'll take an RTAK1 because of its epic rugged beastliness and, 28 Weeks Later (ya, I know, an overblown overused overrated poorly done cult classic) but I love the whole urban escape thing... running through town, crashing burning cars, poison gas sinking down into the streets, creepy robotic soldiers massacring people in gas masks block by block, grabbing ammo and makeshift weapons along the way. It kinda incorporates all the issues of zombie survival-escaping the fire-bombing, poison-gasing, quarantining government, escaping the zombies, weakest link in the chain gets eaten/left behind, et cetera. In fact I just may have to watch it again tonight... I love Doomsday, mainly because Rhona Mitra is drop dead gorgeous (and badass) but that's more of a post-apocalypse movie based on a virus, not zombies.

As a zombie movie lover yourself, you realize what an unfair question this is. I cannot tell you my favorite zombie movie because I love them all for various reasons. The "funniest" zombie movie I ever saw was "Dead Alive." I mean, a baby zombie, zombies having sex, a zombie priest that knows kung fu, and not to mention a cornucopia of gruesome bloodiness at the hands a lawn mower rigged zombie killer. The "Stink of Flesh" was enjoyable, as was the vast majority of zombie movies. "Undead" was good, but a little weird. Are we going "strict" zombie movies or do the movies, such as 28 days/weeks later or even the crazies, count where there is a "virus" involved? I liked the 2004 remake of "Dawn of the Dead" as it starts really well and there is a '69 Camaro Z/28 parked in the underground parking garage of the mall. You see...this is just an unfair question. Why not just ask me which of my two sons I like better? It might be an easier question to answer :D

i agree with fortytwoblades, shaun of the dead is my favorite:D:D gotta love simon pegg bashing skulls with a cricket bat:thumbup:

yeah i would have to say shawn of the dead is my fav, my favorite part was when they were throwing their record collection at the zombies, and of course the bar fight scene at the end. i just saw it yesterday :eek:

another good one was zombieland, made me want a twinkie :eek: ;)

EDIT, if i got to use any ESEE i would use the junglas, it seems like a good zombie killer, if it was one i own the biggest is the rat pack knife so i would have to deal :D :eek:

Last edited:
I know it's cheesy but I really dig Zombieland. Not just because it's new but I love the fact the kid has rules learned from experience. I could see myself a lot like Woody's character if the big crap hits the big fan.

For favorite ESEE blade for the zombie hunt I would go with the Junglas. I currently do not own one but the weight & size of the blade would be the most effective for I think for severing heads.

Thanks for the chance.

Ok this is going to be a doosy. I saw this zombie movie a few nights back, but can't remember what it was called. It was from the 80s I think or 70s. One instance in the movie, they captured a living dead woman, who could talk. And she was strapped to a table. And she said they eat brains cause it eased their pain, their pain of not being alive.

But thats not my fav movie :) but if someone could tell me what the movie is, I'd much appreciate :)

Anyways, it would have to be Sean of the Dead or Zombieland. I love campy movies, both have excellent humor and both are classics in my book. In SOD its hilarious how he cant jump fences, but in Hot Fuzz, hes super man. lol. Also all the light heartedness towards the situation despite all the flesh eating going on around them. Zombieland, was just a bit off in a weird unexplainable way. From the rules factor, to how Tallahassee loves Bill Murray, the whole cowboy bravado of his...its nice because it helps lighten the mood, and with real life stuff bogging people down like bills and the likes, its nice to be able to just watch a movie and laugh, or say wtf at. A twinkie? Really? is that what you are striving for in post apocalypse? lol but hey, who am I to judge? Hahahaha, I had to stop and think to myself if such an event or the likes occurred? I'd probably want a twinkie or some kind of junk food too, you know?

I didn't really like the whole resident evil slew of films, real let down. But eh. Does the mummy count as a zombie flick? he came back from the dead :D and kinda ate people :p

Ok this is going to be a doosy. I saw this zombie movie a few nights back, but can't remember what it was called. It was from the 80s I think or 70s. One instance in the movie, they captured a living dead woman, who could talk. And she was strapped to a table. And she said they eat brains cause it eased their pain, their pain of not being alive.

But thats not my fav movie :) but if someone could tell me what the movie is, I'd much appreciate :)

Anyways, it would have to be Sean of the Dead or Zombieland. I love campy movies, both have excellent humor and both are classics in my book. In SOD its hilarious how he cant jump fences, but in Hot Fuzz, hes super man. lol. Also all the light heartedness towards the situation despite all the flesh eating going on around them. Zombieland, was just a bit off in a weird unexplainable way. From the rules factor, to how Tallahassee loves Bill Murray, the whole cowboy bravado of his...its nice because it helps lighten the mood, and with real life stuff bogging people down like bills and the likes, its nice to be able to just watch a movie and laugh, or say wtf at. A twinkie? Really? is that what you are striving for in post apocalypse? lol but hey, who am I to judge? Hahahaha, I had to stop and think to myself if such an event or the likes occurred? I'd probably want a twinkie or some kind of junk food too, you know?

I didn't really like the whole resident evil slew of films, real let down. But eh. Does the mummy count as a zombie flick? he came back from the dead :D and kinda ate people :p

Return of the living dead

my favorite line came from part two......Get that damn screwdriver out of my head

Oh! tack on Zombieland, that movie is a hoot! Except for holywood extolling all these skinny, awkward ugly mothers who get superhot girls in the end. It's shifting society's gaze from where it should be, on all us hairy muscly backcountry rugged manly men to the wimps... seriously, why do all the skinny emo dudes get the hot babes?

Wow this is hard, I love zombie flicks.
I guess the main reason I like them is the fact it shows the epic failure of failing to plan.
For this reason I chose "Zombie Night" a really LOW cost B flick.
The charactors are unknown and as the story progresses they have to seek shelter, water. food, and security. They also deal with issues within their ranks and moral questions of "Do the sick get to stay?"

My favorite ESEE zombie killer would be a Junglas, it has strength and reach. Two very important aspects of fighting zombies. I prefer a gun but you did say ESEE.

I also have to give a thumbs up to Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead as being hilarious!
Dawn of the Dead, original and remake are good for showing the epic failure of "The Mall" as a gathering point during a disaster. I did like the flare/propane trick though!

Thanks for the thread and the chance Ben!

i'm not sure which is my favorite... die you zombie bastards! is an instant classic, but it's more of a cannibal's love story than a zombie movie... the dawn of the dead, old and new, were both good... i loved the helicopter decapitation in the original... dead alive was hilarious... poor guy trying to care for his undead overbearing mother... black sheep was good too. new zealand zombie films are always good... and who could forget "fido"? great after-the-apocalypse movie....

"why is there blood on that zombie?"... uhhh nosebleed... "only fresh zombies bleed, and that's no fresh zombie"... uhh i had a nosebleed... "tell me son, how did your blood get on that zombie?"... i wiped it there...

Brain dead back in the 90's was awesome. The final scene where the guy and his gf are killing all the zombies with a loan mower, chain saw and blender is hilarious. I was quite young at the time and I prepared my self to be scared senseless, I ended up pissing myself in laughter.

My fav ESEE Zombie killer would be the lite machete for its extra reach and feather weight (making it easy to swing above my head :))

Night of the Living Dead MUTED with Dimmu Dorgir playing dubed over top.

We would have huge party's in the city with the sort of thing going on.

Example. 1) click play on the music
2) click play on the movie and mute the volume
3) watch the movie and enjoy.
[youtube]e5VmZK3FcLw&feature=channe[/youtube]

[youtube]5gUKvmOEGCU[/youtube]

I really liked Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2.
Shawn of the dead is good, too.
Have never actually seen any of the Romero "dead series"
worst one ever was Zombie Nightmare with Adam West.
If Army of Darkness counts (army of the undead, after all) - it would be my favorite.
As a Bruce Campbell fan, I have to choose the yet-unannounced ESEE fusion powered chainsaw as me preferred zombie killer, with the light machete as a close second. (despite not owning one yet)

I don't care about the contest really :D but it's fun and I'd take a Koster Survivor to take down "der untonten". :cool:

05112009660.jpg

i like the RESIDENT EVIL movies, but i haven't seen a zombie movie that i don't like! :) don't have an ESEE knife yet, :grumpy: but i'm working it! :D

Cant realy remember or name my fave zombie movie but a ESEE5 and Junglas I would Imagine would make a great pair, one for knocken windows/ doors off, and one for knocken zombie head off!!!!!!!!:D

Hands down it has to be Dead Alive...it was the movie that made me fall in love with the idea that happiness is a warm lawnmower....strapped to your chest. And since House of 1000 Corpses has a few surgical "Zombies" I would go with that as a close second, tied with Army of Darkness (hence why my AR-15 lower receiver says Boomstick & Groovy for the fire/safe selectors. Third would have to be Bubba Ho Tep, yes technically about a Mummy but falls into the Zombie / B shite horror genre. Not too many flics where you can watch Elvis (Bruce Campbell from Evil Dead(s) & Army of Darkness) and JFK as a black man fight off a really pissed off Egyptian Mummy from their retirement home.

Oh yeah...I love White Zombie...And I am a huge Rob Zombie fan...my 2 year old's favorite thing to say it "I gonna eat your brains dadda"...sheesh...I can't get away from 'em.

th_IMG_1684.jpg

th_IMG_1683.jpg

th_IMG_1682.jpg

Back