zombie lover? (contest)

Hands down it has to be Dead Alive...it was the movie that made me fall in love with the idea that happiness is a warm lawnmower....strapped to your chest. And since House of 1000 Corpses has a few surgical "Zombies" I would go with that as a close second, tied with Army of Darkness (hence why my AR-15 lower receiver says Boomstick & Groovy for the fire/safe selectors.

House of 1,000 corpses? Really? To me, that movie blew, in part because I had high expectations. Now, "The Devil's Rejects" was fantastic in comparison. My favorite quote from Army of Darkness is: "Well hello Mister Fancy pants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things, right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town." By the way, your ink is sweet! My 4-year-old, who loves muscle cars, prefers "Black Sunshine" though he's partial to corvettes.

Planet Terror!!

Why you ask...

f16acf79.jpg
:D

OK OK.. Really. I'll nominate the Dawn on the Dead remake as my favorite. Planet terror being #2. Picking off the zombie celebs from the rooftop did it for me!

Wow. I dont know. George Romero is a god, but just to be different I will say Dellamorte, Dellamore. Only zombie movie that I have ever seen in which the dead husband awakes to see his widow banging the cemetary keeper on his headstone.

And she is REALLY hot.

And naked.

And, as far as ESEE zombie killers go...I'll take either the machete or the Junglas....but I guess for now I will have to go with the ESEE 6....because it is the biggest one I have.

I would have to say my favorite is Zombieland...I loved the rules, especially "double tap"

As far as ESEE zombie killing blades go, once I get the ESEE Lite Machete, it will be my choice. But as for other zombie killing blades this is #1 The Condor Bush Tool

CondorBushKnife.jpg

Great for chopping, and the brush hook would work for hacking into skulls.

I am Legend was good but not really a true Zombie flick imho. But, it would be my watered down choice. Dawn of the Dead is hard to beat but has already been chosen. Maybe Resident Evil Extinction.

But just for fun...my choice is going to be Zombie Strippers!

My personal favorite would have to be the original Day of the Dead. Bub was the man and it goes to show you no matter how much prep you've gone through everything can be made to fall apart by not working together.

For best ESEE zombie killer I'm going to go against the flow and say the izula. I like my zombie killer to be a challenge:D

I'm gonna go with Zombieland b/c I just rented it a bit ago. Woody crying after Bill Murray got shot just makes me laugh...

Well, since I don't have the machete, the RC-3 is it! It's in my car, pointed pommel ready to crack zombie temples and nasty sharp!

It's hard to choose just one... But if I had to it'd probably be Shaun of the Dead. The subtle British humor mixed with zombies gets me every time. I really do like the 28 [days/weeks/months] later movies and the new Romero remake of The Crazies. Definitely looking forward to the film adaptation of World War Z.

I'd also have to use the ESEE Lite Machete for zombie killing. :thumbup:

wow this is going way better then i thought! i cant belive we hit 2 pages already. I gota tell you i may have to come up with prizes for 2nd and 3rd!
otis thank you for saying fido!!!!!!!!!!!! if you guys havent seen it you have to its soooooooooo goooooooood!!!!!!
imaginefj thank you for saying zombie strippers!!!!!!! another must watch if you havent seen it, i mean come on.... tito ortis is a bouncer, but hes a pussy in the movie and runs away when shit goes down! its funny.
yes ive decided if we hit 3 pages befor 12am tonight ill get prizes for 2nd and 3rd, maybe even sweetin the 1st place prize a bit. keep posting your faves im reading them all!

I would have to say my favorite is Zombieland...I loved the rules, especially "double tap"

As far as ESEE zombie killing blades go, once I get the ESEE Lite Machete, it will be my choice. But as for other zombie killing blades this is #1 The Condor Bush Tool

View attachment 162191

Great for chopping, and the brush hook would work for hacking into skulls.

If they just made a longer version it'd be my weapon of choice. :D

An Imacasa cuma would do nicely in the meantime, though. :p
yhst-29358752693524_2099_2241056

I don't know the name of the movie but there was one with Boris Karloff and Abbot & Costello which is my favorite. Off topic but there is a great song by Roky Erickson called " I walked with a zombie " check it out.

I'd say my favorite is the remake of Dawn of the Dead. Not for any really funny or cool reasons, but I like how they balanced group dynamics with action. You saw how people will revert to their innate personality, ho w people will hold on to impossibly stupid ideas because they just can't cope with the loss (guy with his girlfriend that goes zombie and has the zombie baby, yet he insists it's his family and shoots the other woman for trying to kill his zombie gf and infant). Then there's kudos for having the balls to shoot an undead infant. I like the tough that the gun shop commando and mall ninjas are heroes, with the kicker being that the guy best suited, personality-wise, to lead the group is a TV salesman from Best Buy. I'm also wondering where I can get a mall job that pays enough to pack around a Python.

If it's allowed, Army of Darkness would tie it. Tie, because I like it for the opposite reason of DOTD: The absolute campiness of Bruce Campbell. You have the hero that's nothing but a self-serving asshole. A cheap ass chainsaw that attaches to the end of his sawed off arm, and a cheap side-by-side shotgun. Not to mention our hero is a career shelf stocker at S-Mart, in the Housewares department.
Favorite lines?

"Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up."

"It's a trick. Get an axe."

"Yo! She bitch! Let's go."

"First you want to kill me, now you want to kiss me? Blow."

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Things that really piss me off are the fact that some of the best scenes WERE CUT from the DVD versions. Such as:
In the beginning, where he gets Arthur on the ground with his sword to his neck and tells him to "Leave it be.", and Arthur has him arrested anyway.

In the windmill, when he pounds on the chimney pipe and gets a facefull of soot.

In the graveyard after getting the Necronomicon, where he goes on a tantrum "I'll crush ya! I'll grind ya into paste!"

WHY cut those scenes? They're like 30 seconds long! WTMF?

As for my non-firearm zombie killer. . .when there can be only one, accept no substitutes!
100_0068.jpg

I love Dawn of the Dead remake, I really do. There was one thing thats has always rubbed me the wrong way. Andy "the gunshop guy" needing to be rescued and everyone trying to figure out how to get to him.

Andy was obviously a good shot, had a huge supply of ammo.
Figure one shot every ten seconds, he could probably do much better but we will keep this easy.
1 dead zombie every ten seconds.
6 per minute
360 per hour
2880 per day (thinking of a regular work day with breaks and lunches, he could have done more than this as well)

20,160 dead zombies in one week! :eek:

Sorry for the derail... back to your regular scheduled program.

Definitly Zombieland. All my friends who watched it agreed- Talahasee )Woodie Harelsons charecter) is me to a tee in the zombie apocolypse! Shaun Of The Dead is a close second.
John

I really enjoyed Dawn of the Dead.....I own several Zombie flicks but I prefer Dawn of the Dead out of all

Back