Zombie Makeover!

I recently became the proud owner of Tigris Panthera's Zombie Light Chopper. TP used it well, as you can see from these pictures.
CYNg5xx.jpg

J10cJhO.jpg

Now, let me say that I didn't find anything wrong with it, as it was. I think the character is actually a nice thing. However, I sort of like to give my blades their own war wounds. Almost like "memorial scars" that remind me of a time and place. With that in mind, I decided it would be nice to get the Zombie back in some kind of more pristine condition, so I contacted forum member AZTimT to see if he would do a little refurbing.

It's on the way back to me now, but I am pretty happy with the way it looks from the pictures he sent me and I wanted to share them with you all...

ehclLww.jpg

FEiQHGN.jpg

d3lDswA.jpg

hk3Hm2c.jpg

In addition to grinding the chips out of the swedge, Tim blasted the antique micarta handles and applied a satin/stripetition finish to the blade so that it would match the swedge. I actually loved the stonewash finish it had before, but I figured that the newly ground swedge would look a little odd if the rest of the finish didn't match it a bit more, plus I was intrigued to see what Tim's signature finish would look like. I actually really love two-tone flats with satin bevels, as well, so I am particularly keen on this.

Once I get it, I'll definitely add some more "real life" type shots if anyone is interested. They won't be as high def or as classy as Tim's pics, but maybe could show how it looks in different lighting.

Oh, and @AZTimT was really great to work with. Absolutely a gentleman, great customer service, very reasonable prices, and first class craftsman all the way! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
AzTim has been turning out a lot of great work lately!!!!
Honestly, we as a community are so lucky to have a number of individuals who are not just great craftsmen, but great people with whom to do business with. From all the amazing makers of these pointy objects, to the people who provide us with our pants, to the guys like Tim who can refurbish, customize and even personalize things for us... really, I feel like we are spoiled!

Wow that looks awesome !!!!
I’d like to ask, did that have the dimples in the steel on flats to begin with ??? They look really cool, love that look !! !! I have some blades with AzTim now , can’t wait to see them done.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/friday-sale-four-grey-zombie.1516045/

It was also hard for me to notice the pitting in the original version form the photos because of the tumbled finish, but this is what Nathan had stated:

It's a Light Chopper in Delta 3V with a very utility grade finish. And tool marks, pitting, gouges and not particularly straight. And it's un-dead and might try to bite. But it's 100% functional, and I ground a cool looking swedge on it. 16.7 ounces. Don't buy this if you're looking for a nice collector grade example of an LC (looking at you Justin, it will make your OCD itch). But if you're wanting a nice light weight high performance camp knife that will perform like crazy and won't break from rough use, this is it. This knife does not fit our normal fit and finish standards and the reduced price reflects that, but it's a lot of knife for the $ and it's begging to be used. Buy it, use it, don't stare too long...

Last edited:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/friday-sale-four-grey-zombie.1516045/

It was also hard for me to notice the pitting in the original version form the photos because of the tumbled finish, but this is what Nathan had stated:
I actually prefer the way that the zombie’s old finish looked compared with the standard LC finishes. Not as glossy and shiny, but it definitely had more badassery.

I’m thinking AZTim’s satin/strip finish is the best of both worlds. :D

I wanted to buy that blade so bad but the spine chip just plain scared me lol. I beat on my blades good but that made me nervous.

Looks damn good now sir. he did a heck of a job on it. Nice score!

Now it looks as if there are, at most, only two mint/original finish Zombies left intact and unutilized. Anyone care to narrow the field down to only one, so that I'll know mine is the only one left?:D

It will be interesting to ascertain which of the original 5 owners have still kept theirs! I just looked up the Zombie-LC sales threads (yes there were 2 separate sales) and IMO apart from Lancelot the others may have already sold theirs on.

Tony (TrfromMT) had won the one off sale but I'm not sure if he still has his but IIRC he had already used it so it probably won't be that LNIB collectors grail. Luke had proxied for Jackal in the second sale of the remaining 4 units but I have not seen Jackal menting his Zombie-LC, like forever! It is very conceivable that you the one currently in your possession is the only minty fresh factory original version!

Back