Zombie Slayer anyone?!?

I'd be really interested in this if it had a canvas micarta handle. Make it look like something in one of those movies where the zombies invade the deserts around Vegas.

I'd be really interested in this if it had a canvas micarta handle. Make it look like something in one of those movies where the zombies invade the deserts around Vegas.

GITD scales would be perfect for Vegas, along with a gold lamé jumpsuit! just the thing for dispatching Bubba Ho-Tep! :D

Hi Dan.....

Here is my Zombie Killer --- its 16 in overall with a 10 in blade

attachment.php

attachment.php

its a Large Persian from Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works....by Ted Frizzell

I might have to put in an order for one of yours......its really nice

thanks

jrl

Attachments

• DSC04676_resize.JPG
    DSC04676_resize.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC04677_resize.JPG
    DSC04677_resize.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 344
Wow - you guys have really brought in some great eye-candy pics. :thumbup:

This thing is hopefully going to be a reality soon!

I just need to get my prototype back....LOL

Dan

Ok - I made a few changes to the design. And I also made a prototype from wood to see what it would be like in 0.210" thick material.

I don't see any need to go any thicker...at first I thought 0.25" all the way...but I am really liking 0.210" (oversize 3/16") more and more. Plus, using that thickness allows me to get it in CPM 3V. :D

Which, of course, will probably raise the price $150.....:p

I'm going to get one cut out of steel soon (hasn't happened yet).

In the meantime, here are some pics:

Next to some familiar knives:

ZombieProto100716-01.jpg

Top to Bottom:

Zombie Slayer
Monster Nessie (14" OAL)
BushMaster (10" OAL)
Bushcraft (8.5" OAL)

Shot of the spine showing the thumbgrooves as well as what the tapered swedge will look like (will be dull/unsharpenable).

ZombieProto100716-02.jpg

Primary grip - plenty of room. :D

ZombieProto100716-03.jpg

You can definitely 2-hand this thing...when I grab it in 2 hands, this is where my left hand ends up (need my RH to hold the camera...LOL)

ZombieProto100716-04.jpg

Works equally well in reverse grip, both single-hand and 2-hand.

Back to work!

Dan

Here's the drawing - might have scroll sideways to get it all...I didn't want to size it too small to catch the details (starts to pixelate).

ZombieSlayer11.gif

You can see the thumbgrooves at around the 11" mark.

Overall length is now a little over 18.5"
:eek:

I basically made it as large/long as I could and still be able to cut 2 out of a 3"x36" bar of steel. (Yes, I'm very practical-minded...even with Zombie Slayers!!!)

Dan

I basically made it as large/long as I could and still be able to cut 2 out of a 3"x36" bar of steel. (Yes, I'm very practical-minded...even with Zombie Slayers!!!)

Dan

After all, Dan, zombie killing is a VERY practical business! Great final design.

Back