Zombieassassin's Stroke Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to learn of your troubles, ZA. Smoke and prayers sent to you... on second thought, just prayers.

I was a smoker for many years myself (around 2 packs/day also) but when I met my wife I slowed down a lot because she has severe asthma that is triggered by cigarettes. I finally quit for good when it killed my grandfather, whom I was very close with... It will be 9 years next April since my last one! Get well and don't look back on the cigarettes, no matter how hard it can be sometimes. We are all certainly rooting for you.

Sorry to hear about your struggles! I'm hoping you'll have a speedy and complete recovery!

I work a lot with stroke patients, so I'm glad to say that on a whole, current medical advances with stroke recovery is better now than ever before. Make sure you follow all agreed upon treatment assignments/recommendations. Recovery isn't magic. It's hard work - but it's work that'll pay off. I'm sure a hog will have no problems tromping through the recovery regiment and come out on top! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow man! Bad deal! Too young, way too damn young for sure. I've had the same struggles with the cancer sticks so I know the fight and the fight is real and the power of the dark side is strong baby. I've whipped it but it's always whispering in your ear "just one man, it'll be ok, just one" But nope, not how it works -
Keep up the fight bro and work it, you have no choice ;)
I've been there man, several years ago, 3.4 to be precise - I hadn't felt well for months, 7-10? but I manned up and toughed it out till 1 day I got sick for no reason and decided "I better go get checked out for the hell of it" ~ Scary thing? I could have pushed it off even farther. Long story short, was in ICU that afternoon after blood tests and doc told me I was 24 hours or less from dead. Thought I had Leukemia, turned out it was a very rare immune thing and I bounced back from rather quickly after a week of being hooked up to hoses and tubes. Quite a game changer man!
So us cavemen, sometimes need to be reminded we aren't invincible ~ Sheesh, Who knew right???? :D
Rock on brother! you got it ;)

There are numerous anti-smoking ads and campaigns out there, but this video sent a pretty strong message... I was forwarded this from a friend (FYI i'm not a smoker but grew up with a father who smoked a lot, and I'm somewhat allergic/sensitive to cigarette smoke).

You are stronger than it, man! You can beat it.

A big double THANKS Sixx! Your inbox is full brother! I am in awe of the support you guys are giving my family and I.
Words cannot express the thanks and gratefulness I have for all of you. God Truly is King and works in wonderous ways.

Ryan...!!!
My Aunt has a stroke Dec23...
They say if you catch it early...
But imagine my surprise seeing my favorite Aunt present & helping out with Christmas Eve Supper!
It was a Christmas miracle!!

So, I think you got a bit of that type of miracle/luck!!
I’m glad you made it!
It’s amazing what Drs can do these days...
So, do what they say, and get well soon...
This rough spot will pass, and you’ll get back on both feet before you know it!
I’m usually on the GreyLine, let me know how you’re doin!
-Randy aka Sixx

I just want you guys to know.....y'all are awesome and sure know how to get a 42yr old man to tear up pretty good. I am overwhelmed by the love and care you guys have shared and given my family and I. I am at a loss for words. Love you guys! My spirits have been lifted quite a bit in this time of my life....THANK YOU ALL!

My dad quit smoking at 43....he is 72 now. And 2 years ago he had a mini stroke....came right out of it. Dr said it was cholesterol for him. I've read so much on strokes here recently that anyone can have a stroke....any age...any health...any time.
Crazy stuff. I just have to keep my head up.

I'm a prime candidate for stroke too. I've got congenital/generic cholesterol problems, and my family history has cardiac problems as well. I love red meat; I love food; I'm overweight (200+); my job keeps me rather sedentary. I've been working to loose some weight and be more active... But still doesn't take away the fact that strokes are likely in my future. I'm only in my mid-30's.

Start a baby aspirin regiment. If I had, I may not have had a stroke. And that is what I will be on for the rest of my life now....along with cholesterol meds. 81mg aspirin won't hurt ya....and may save your life and you not know it.

Start a baby aspirin regiment. If I had, I may not have had a stroke. And that is what I will be on for the rest of my life now....along with cholesterol meds. 81mg aspirin won't hurt ya....and may save your life and you not know it.
Yeah I've been seeing a cardiologist for the past couple years... I'm somewhat "Resistant" to statins, but Crestor finally works for me without too much side effect... Keeping an eye on it for sure.

Prayers and Best Wishes from AZ.
I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

Thanks so much you guys! Things are looking up for me. Just completed first round of Therapy today and they cleared a lot of my questions and concerns up. I am making progress everyday. Slow...but always a positive movement forward. I refuse to let this get me down....you guys are helping so damn much I tear up thinking about it. I really think this stroke made me a little more sensitive to life in general....there are so many things we take for granted daily. Thank God I get to live life with a better outlook now...and I didn't have a bad outlook prior to this....Just a different and better view now. God Bless all of you!

Stay strong and continue getting better. Sometimes it takes a bad situation whether it's health, divorce, or other situations to make us really appreciate what we DO have. Things may be tough for a while, but if you don't let it get you down you will come out of it even better.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stay Strong Brother and hang in there you got this. Also stay away from those cancer sticks just bad news. Prayers sent as well.

Thanks so much you guys! Things are looking up for me. Just completed first round of Therapy today and they cleared a lot of my questions and concerns up. I am making progress everyday. Slow...but always a positive movement forward. I refuse to let this get me down....you guys are helping so damn much I tear up thinking about it. I really think this stroke made me a little more sensitive to life in general....there are so many things we take for granted daily. Thank God I get to live life with a better outlook now...and I didn't have a bad outlook prior to this....Just a different and better view now. God Bless all of you!
Ryan,

I'm glad to hear that you're getting better, and of course that you survived. Things like this give us a new outlook on life – it is much more precious than most of us realize. Seven years ago I came within minutes of dying – fortunately the paramedics had arrived just a few minutes before my heart stopped; they used a defibrillator and got it started again.

God bless you with a speedy recovery, and I will be praying for you – take care!

Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back