Zombieassassin's Stroke Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE HOGS! Recovery is going well. I have positive spirits, God, you guys, family and my stubborn determination to make this happen. My Therapist said I would progress very well with my determination and motivation. I was never a slacker and always have to be doing something, she said that helps. Each day I get a little better and the stiffness and pins and needles feeling all on my left side is the worst part....trying to relax as I do any movement is a task. I am getting there for sure....just gunna take me a while. You guys have made a serious difference in my whole recovery and I cannot thank y'all enough. God Bless All of You! Thanks a million guys....y'all are true Friends!

UPDATE HOGS! Recovery is going well. I have positive spirits, God, you guys, family and my stubborn determination to make this happen. My Therapist said I would progress very well with my determination and motivation. I was never a slacker and always have to be doing something, she said that helps. Each day I get a little better and the stiffness and pins and needles feeling all on my left side is the worst part....trying to relax as I do any movement is a task. I am getting there for sure....just gunna take me a while. You guys have made a serious difference in my whole recovery and I cannot thank y'all enough. God Bless All of You! Thanks a million guys....y'all are true Friends!
Prayers for you. Kick its ass ZombieAssassin.

Ryan,

Wow, your update is great news! Has your doctor discussed a healthy diet with you, and I would guess no alcohol (and as you mentioned, no tobacco)? Keep up the good work!

Gene

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about this Ryan! I'm extremely happy you are doing better and are on the mend!

My Goal is to be able to do the Get Up Dance again with my 7yr old daughter who happens to be the light of my life.

As the father of two, intelligent, gifted, brave, beautiful once little girls who are truly the very best people I have ever known - and who are now working and in college and making the best life decisions I could have hoped for, I shed tears reading that.

I don't know what to say here. I am at the worst place to help financially that I have been in decades. But I am going to look at it hard.

Fight. Be strong. Be well. You will be that Dad again, man. You will. Your daughter will remember how hard you fought, and she will know it was for her.

I chewed a can of Copenhagen a day for 38 years. Tried to quit at least a dozen times. Haven't had tobacco for 4 years and running now. It can happen.

When you do that dance - and you Will do that dance with her - you will be able to explain to her that grown men do indeed cry, and can cry out of shear joy, love, and thankfulness.

Keep that picture in your mind, Brother.

Thanks Kenneth! Your post means a LOT brother! Thoughts and prayers like this mean the world to me right now.
From my heart...I thank you brother.

Last edited:
zombieassassin,

Glad to hear your doing better !! Thoughts and prayers are with you !

My Therapist said I would progress very well with my determination and motivation.

My step-dad had a stroke last winter at a very "mature" age, and has made an amazing recovery through.... determination and motivation.

Two years ago my girlfriend suffered a minor stroke in addition to multiple cervical fractures in a bad car accident, and is currently re-learning her mobility and other motor functions (after weeks of total paralysis) through.... determination and motivation.

With this in your toolbox, as well as the love and support of family, friends (and a bunch of knife nuts on the internet)... may you recover quickly and completely!!!

My step-dad had a stroke last winter at a very "mature" age, and has made an amazing recovery through.... determination and motivation.

Two years ago my girlfriend suffered a minor stroke in addition to multiple cervical fractures in a bad car accident, and is currently re-learning her mobility and other motor functions (after weeks of total paralysis) through.... determination and motivation.

With this in your toolbox, as well as the love and support of family, friends (and a bunch of knife nuts on the internet)... may you recover quickly and completely!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend - I pray that she continues to improve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back