Zomstro gets some kydex

This was my first attempt at an open spine sheath. Actually, I initially tried to close it on both ends, but it didn't work out, and ended up with this. Just need to get a strap/snap around the last rivetricaso area, and it'll be done. Not sure I like one solid color with such a big area, but the camo stuff is x4 the price of solid. Experiment with the solid stuff, I can always make another. I can use it as a paddle if I'm up a creek.
Zomstro kydex.jpg

That is awesome looking:thumbsup::thumbsup: And I actually like the paddle idea. I would use that large surface area and glue velcro to it for an accessory pouch and a moral patch. Hell a small velcro baked Maxpedition IFAK would fit there

Thanks Tanker, appreciate it. I see myself buying some Kryptek, and colored rivets and doing another. I was surprised at how well it stays in just like that, but it needs a closure strap. The Zombstro blade height is so big I had a hard time finding a premade strap long enough. It arrives with the 1211. Maybe I'll put another rivet in the next one closer to the ricasso, to have a shorter strap. But I like how this one has a clean grip, to the handle, I had to keep removing material to get the clean grip on the lower portion of the handle. I like your idea though, I could piggyback a smaller becker right on that thing, and twotone it up.

Back