Zoos aren't even safe anymore..

The article you've cited is very short on details, quite vague, very weak.

But, off hand, even zoos sometimes face what one might call "excesss inventory." What should they do about it?

Remember, we're not talking here about endangered species or anything.

If the animals have to be killed anyway, why can't the meat be eaten?

Gollnick said:
The article you've cited is very short on details, quite vague, very weak.

But, off hand, even zoos sometimes face what one might call "excesss inventory." What should they do about it?

Remember, we're not talking here about endangered species or anything.

I like your thinking... Have a tag drawing, then send in a handful of guys will guns :D

Opening Season at the Zoo.. :cool:

Edit: Just read the article :rolleyes: I can understand people bein' upset about someone eating the animals, but I agree with Gollnick :cool:

Because the world has gone stark, raving mad, that's why. There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating a muskrat. Or under the right circumstances, a dog or a cat for that matter.

We now judge what can be eaten on the "cuteness" of the animal, or it's status as a pet or non-pet. Too many people are too far removed from their agricultural roots. Exposure to a few community hog-killings, having to wring a chicken's neck before you eat it, or a childhood hunting background would help a lot. Or even better, expose folks to even a few days of genuine hunger and then stand back and be amazed at what they will eat.

By the way, the number one benefit of participating in a hog killing is the enjoyment of fresh hog brains and eggs. Best scrambled eggs ever!

Going 'pig hunting' next weekend up the foothills , but I'll be damned before I eat pig brains :barf: :D

I am nice........really:D

Zoo

Zoos have never been safe. I don't care how much you do to prevent interaction between dangerous animals and humans, there is always room for error or mishaps.

Many people are lulled into thinking the cute, furry creatures they see on TV are just dying for you to rub on them. They are not. Many are so large they can run over you simply b/c they have become frightened, and are trying to get away.

Horses are another excellent example. Many people get hurt/killed every year as a result of far too much trust.

MikeH said:
We now judge what can be eaten on the "cuteness" of the animal...

Well, I know _I_ do. The cuter the better! Got a rabbit? Grill'er up! Got a
lobster? Keep that freakish sea-cockroach away from me! :D

In fact, most of the ocean's off limits. If H.P. Lovecraft had dreams about it, I ain't eatin' it.

Grover_Cephas said:
Well, I know _I_ do. The cuter the better! Got a rabbit? Grill'er up! Got a
lobster? Keep that freakish sea-cockroach away from me! :D

In fact, most of the ocean's off limits. If H.P. Lovecraft had dreams about it, I ain't eatin' it.

But them "freakish sea-cockroaches" are quite yummy! Especially with a nice medium-rare 12 oz Filet Mignon right next to it.

Back