ZT 0223

Has anyone handled this knife at Bladeshow and can share his feelings/comments on it?[/QUOTE]

I handled it at Blade. It doesn't look or feel like a gas station knife in person, at all. The G10 overlay feels great in the hand too. Pictures do not do this knife justice IMO. People that handled it the booth liked it, at least whenever I was there.

Save your hate on this one until you see it in person. The design may not be for everyone, but it's still a quality product.

Has anyone handled this knife at Bladeshow and can share his feelings/comments on it?

I handled it at Blade. It doesn't look or feel like a gas station knife in person, at all. The G10 overlay feels great in the hand too. Pictures do not do this knife justice IMO. People that handled it the booth liked it, at least whenever I was there.

Save your hate on this one until you see it in person. The design may not be for everyone, but it's still a quality product.[/QUOTE]
:confused:I doubt the extraneous Rambo / Mtech features improve "in person " . o_O

After this fiasco, ZT needs a hit badly. And quickly. My advice: Transfer the Kershaw Blur into a high-end ZT model.

Titanium with carbon fibre inlays, frame lock, bearings, 20CV, maybe a deep carry clip instead of the crappy original one. Done. Easy home run.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

After this fiasco, ZT needs a hit badly. And quickly. My advice: Transfer the Kershaw Blur into a high-end ZT model.

Titanium with carbon fibre inlays, frame lock, bearings, 20CV, maybe a deep carry clip instead of the crappy original one. Done. Easy home run.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

ZT Scavenger is kinda like a "Monster Blur" . :eek:

That Scavenger is the second ugliest knife I've seen this week.

LOL!

It's one of my favorite ZTs. I've actually got 2 - one plain edged and one combo.

And, while there may be a superficial resemblance, it's nothing like a Blur; own 2 of them too - both plain edged versions. The difference between the 2 is like night and day.

Medford just took a swing at this same type of homage and IMO, if that's what you're looking for, did a very good job.

It's called the USMC Fighter Flipper.

I posted a picture of it. A few pages back.

I'm no Medford fan, but I agree with you guys. I like the Medford version of this sort of thing much better than the 0223.

It already had the holes in the recurso area which is IMO the most disturbing point on the blade shape.
the handle is another story,I don't like it at all in pictures and I shall handle it to make sure howI feel about it.

Has anyone handled this knife at Bladeshow and can share his feelings/comments on it?
I did. Exactly as bad as it looks. The ZT rep worked his heart out trying to sell me one but, it really is a gas station-esque knife in fancy materials.

I did. Exactly as bad as it looks. The ZT rep worked his heart out trying to sell me one but, it really is a gas station-esque knife in fancy materials.
YbnuipW.jpg

Back