ZT 0223

YbnuipW.jpg

That's not fair, that one is way better styled than the 0223 . . .

Let’s pass on the 0223 and focus on what is good in the existing portfolio for now
Maybe ZT will come with good surprises for the end of the year
After all they have released only one knife on bladeshow... so they may have something good coming

I din’t care much about the 0223.
As I work in marketing I am surprised/chocked to see how poorly they manage their customer base criticism.... but from a knife “aficionados” point of view I prefer to focus myself on things I like - 0350, 0393, 0470, 0550, 0562, 0630, 0640, 0801 to list a few is have (or had) and that are very good

Let’s pass on the 0223 and focus on what is good in the existing portfolio for now
Maybe ZT will come with good surprises for the end of the year
After all they have released only one knife on bladeshow... so they may have something good coming

I din’t care much about the 0223.
As I work in marketing I am surprised/chocked to see how poorly they manage their customer base criticism.... but from a knife “aficionados” point of view I prefer to focus myself on things I like - 0350, 0393, 0470, 0550, 0562, 0630, 0640, 0801 to list a few is have (or had) and that are very good
Probably a good idea at this point. ZT doesn’t make as many “Proudly Overbuilt” knives as they used to, but they still produce some very good knives. I don’t know to many people that dislike the 0450 or 0452. Many say that the best Hinderer knife is one made by ZT.

The 0223 was a swing and a miss in style and marketing and they are handling it poorly, but I am not ready to write ZT off just yet.

Probably a good idea at this point. ZT doesn’t make as many “Proudly Overbuilt” knives as they used to, but they still produce some very good knives. I don’t know to many people that dislike the 0450 or 0452. Many say that the best Hinderer knife is one made by ZT.

The 0223 was a swing and a miss in style and marketing and they are handling it poorly, but I am not ready to write ZT off just yet.

That's pretty much how I feel also. Won't be buying this one unless I simply get blown away handling it at a retail counter. But do have a cabinet full of ZT's. And actually two ZT's on me now, a 0456 and the little sibling to the topic....0022.

It has one of things I really hate in a folder design - what I call the Ken Onion nose. I.e. the pointy protrusion at the front of the handle which serves no practical purpose, but makes the knife larger than it needs to be when folded, and stops you using or sharpening the first part of the blade.

Resurrecting this old thread because after publicly lambasting this knife, I finally had a chance to check out the 0223 in person.

I...er....uhm...I kinda liked it.
And the wrap around G10 was...comfy.

Somehow it worked for me in person.

I’m quite surprised I’m circling back to eat my words, but there it is.

You may commence you M-Tech mockery of me. :(

Id rather see an exact copy of this,without that outlandish pocket clip

Resurrecting this old thread because after publicly lambasting this knife, I finally had a chance to check out the 0223 in person.

I...er....uhm...I kinda liked it.
And the wrap around G10 was...comfy.

Somehow it worked for me in person.

I’m quite surprised I’m circling back to eat my words, but there it is.

You may commence you M-Tech mockery of me. :(

At least you had the nuts to come back and share your thoughts. Props for that.

I always knew it was a hell of a knife.

I had mine in my pocket yesterday and I have nothing but high praise for it. It carries smaller than you might think and the action is very good. Very, VERY comfortable in hand.

I had mine in my pocket yesterday and I have nothing but high praise for it. It carries smaller than you might think and the action is very good. Very, VERY comfortable in hand.
Nice, I appreciate the update. I think you convinced me to grab one haha. Haven't bought a ZT for a long stretch.

849690BC-F2E3-4096-B1C4-010F31F77A81.jpeg A96773D4-BAE7-4346-95E6-E9B0F8B905B4.jpeg

I was just rereading posts about this knife and noticed someone mentioned that this was the prototype. Wow! I would have killed for this version.

I don’t know what ZT was thinking by not going with this instead.

Back