1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

ZT 0223

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by evltcat, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Icky Thump

Icky Thump

Dec 8, 2011
    Keep coming up with the same numbers..

[​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    =
    :thumbsdown:

Pharmagator likes this.
  2. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I do not get the holes at all. The handle with the partial scales looks uncomfortable. I like the blade shape.

Pass.

eon blue apocalypse likes this.
  3. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I like everything about the idea and dislike almost everything about the execution. The G10 mimicking stacked leather is an awesome idea, I love a nice clip point and a high end utility focused folder as a tribute to a mass produced, inexpensive workhorse of a military knife seems like a great idea to me. Unfortunately, this ain't it, folks.

4. Silent H

Silent H

Feb 1, 2018
    Yea, this knife should be right up my alley, clip point, opening hole, 20CV, but the execution is lacking. if they got rid of the stupid holes and the sawback, and thinned down the blade stock, this would be a must buy for me. Now, I might wait and pick it up when they discontinue it in a year or so.

It kinda reminds me of the Case Sharktooth Flipper: https://knifenews.com/case-looks-backwards-and-forwards-with-2019-releases/

5. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Is it tacticool or tactical? Zt doesn't even know.

[​IMG]

It looks like they tried to go back to there roots style wise. But in suburbia I have no reason to carry anything tactical

Lapedog and Huntnow like this.
  6. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    I will buy this when it’s massively discounted in a few months.

Julian Williams likes this.
  7. Julian Williams

Julian Williams

Apr 22, 2019
    That's what I was thinking. Its like they wanted to go back to their hard use roots, but then decided to incorporate all these modern design trends that completely clash with that objective.

4mer_FMF and Mo2 like this.
  8. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

mdrgn79, Pharmagator, Mo2 and 3 others like this.
  9. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Lots of great points of view. I literally may sell it a week after buying one, but I'm still digging it in all its "Fugly" glory. ;)

Pharmagator, Dadpool and Lapedog like this.
  10. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    "Does tacticool come with CPM 20CV blade steel, titanium handles, KVT ball bearings, and a limited lifetime warranty against defects?"

Yes. Yes it does.

11. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    edit: double post

12. Gravy

Gravy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2014
    At least they're releasing new designs but I mean..... This has the same aesthetic as the knives you see at gas stations. Hard pass

13. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    At least they know they'll sell one to Glenn.

14. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    I don’t get ZT
    They manage to spoil some great designs they have in more innovative ways every years for one time

insta9ves and Julian Williams like this.
  15. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    It will make for some fun youtube broken blade videos .

16. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    As long as you like it, that's what matters. The only real reason I commented on it is because it's so close to being something I would really, really like.

Pharmagator and evltcat like this.
  17. Silent H

Silent H

Feb 1, 2018
    Same here, before I saw those holes, this was going to be a must buy, now I might consider buying it on sale after it's discontinued.

I'm guessing the holes add +5 speed and -30 drag for real high speed low drag operators

18. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    The original "mission statement " for ZT was all about building serious , hard use combat and service knives for "life or death situations " .:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What the heck happened to you , " Zero Tolerance " ? :confused:

Revised mission : "Now we build very expensive ironic Rambo Homage Joke knives that serve only to make fun of our military / first responders and our own original commitment " :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

That's just sad . :(

19. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Going a bit far there. Shall we point out the joke knives of other major companies? The marketing silliness? Seems to me there is a large company that, in those departments, would out weigh all other companies combined.

Pharmagator likes this.
  20. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Chris Reeve? I kid, I kid! Put down the pitchforks and torches

Pharmagator, BigKurtHaze and evilgreg like this.