ZT 0223

Going a bit far there. Shall we point out the joke knives of other major companies? The marketing silliness? Seems to me there is a large company that, in those departments, would out weigh all other companies combined.
Sorry , but most other companies do not have ZT's publicly stated mission statement . Look it up !

This is not the first time I've thought ZT has lost their way , but it's only gotten worse now . The ZT I used to know would never have made this knife !

This has certainly given plenty opportunity for jokes. And the holes may have been a bad design decision. but I don’t think it is as bad as everyone has made it out to be. maybe, like I said before, it’s that I have been looking at WWII style stacked leather knives lately, but this certainly has some appeal for me. I would definitely be getting one when it is discounted.

Edit: and I actually happen to have a Cold Steel Leatherneck in my hand as I’m typing this. So maybe I’m being a bit biased.

Last edited:
To me it looks more like an AK than an AR. So maybe this one should be the 0762. And a future more streamlined version sized between this and the 0022, take the 0223 moniker. :D

I am clearly not digging this new deign
What surprise me is how ZT can promote some deigns over others that may be better flagships
I shall see this 0223 in person but as far as the pictures can show I way prefer the 0470 and 0640 over this design even if these two are addressing different target markets

Last edited:
Going a bit far there. Shall we point out the joke knives of other major companies? The marketing silliness? Seems to me there is a large company that, in those departments, would out weigh all other companies combined.
That "large company" may act silly in their marketing with their product, but their knives are no-joke, real business. No BS speed holes and at least their knives do whatever "that" company advertised it to do.

From Insta. Zt and the designer seem not happy about the criticism.
S03eMfa.jpg

That "large company" may act silly in their marketing with their product, but their knives are no-joke, real business. No BS speed holes and at least their knives do whatever "that" company advertised it to do.
I was gonna let this slide , but I totally agree !

And let's just name the "large co." , if we're bothering to bring them up = Cold Steel and especially Lynn Thompson, it's founder .

I understand that some in the knife community dislike aspects of how CS does business , but their sincerity to produce the best performing products at a fair price is obvious to their customers .

LT is a longtime martial artist and takes their SD/ hard use ,survival , combat and emergency designs very seriously .

He's not too apt to market a Rambo joke knife ,on purpose .

It’s ugly as sin. I have 26 ZTs and their last few offerings have not been anywhere close to my liking. in the meantime ive beefed up my fixed blade collection. Looks like I’ll be buying some powertools as well until ZT gets back to their roots.....if ever.

S03eMfa.jpg
All this says to me is that the tiny stainless ball bearing pivot is the weakest point here, but not that all the blade holes aren't also a weak point and a stupid design.

"Look, the weak pivot will fail before the weakened blade does! #keyboardcommandos"

Last edited:
It can't be real. Either it's a joke of some sort or ZT has brought in new design talent from M-Tech or RMK
It can’t be both?
S03eMfa.jpg
Wow, seeing that post really makes me want one!
:rolleyes:

Watch them bring out a sprint run without the speed holes after it’s discontinued.

Back