ZT 0223

It does seem like zt ruined the prototype? They made it into a Kershaw perhaps. New Gen zts generally disappoint VS the prototypes due to pricing targets.

One thing zt needs to do is take the criticism to heart and cqi their knives as quick as possible. Spyderco does it, and they are a much smaller company. Not to mention I only have one spyderco knife (persistence) that I really need to reprofile new, where pretty much every zt I own needs a reprofiling right off the bat. And my only usa Kershaw (bareknuckle) needed one as well. Just get a robot to do it KAI because your people suck at sharpening!

But I do love my ZTs and Kershaws. So I just fix the edges and keep on keeping on.

Noticed this with my last ZT purchase of the 0456cf. I sampled 3 of them trying to get one with a decently even grind, but eventually got tired of returning them and settled.

I like and would buy the prototype. Not %100 down w/ every design choice but like it enough to make the purchase.

All/most of the design choices made after the prototype is what I don't like.

Criticism/opinion is fair, take it as feedback..it shouldn't discourage new designs/ideas/collaborations.
I probably wouldn't buy it, but it's a much better looking knife.

I like the shape of the knife but I feel that the jumping and holes are a bit too much. I would get one off the exchange at the right price but I don’t think it will happen. I’ll assume even a “used” price will be more than what I’m willing to spend for this model.

What is good with this release is that it make me take the jump for the 0470 and 0640 I was lurking at for too long :)

ZT knows how to make good knives but really sometime they rocket and make strange decisions

Who wore it better?

M3g4VyR.png

vFB79og.png

Therom Therom I absolutely love my 0640. I’m a very small sample, but I recommend it. Surprised it isn’t more popular.
I love when ZT offers non-flipper knives on washers. My 0550 and my 0630 were great, my 0350 is still a great user.
I have already handled the 0640 as I am quite a fan of the Emerson design, to get a knife designed by emerson and built with the quality ZT can offer was a pleasure for me.
I as waiting for blade show to see if ZT will be releasing some excited designs... to say that I am disappointed is an understatement, but actually also a good news since I will get some very good knives from them :)

Back to the topic, the shape of the clip point of the 0223 is great but everything else doesn't fit well.
For sure from ZT the quality of the material and assembly should be great but what a mess of a knife design at the end

Noticed this with my last ZT purchase of the 0456cf. I sampled 3 of them trying to get one with a decently even grind, but eventually got tired of returning them and settled.

Sad thing is, when I had to send my 0770cf in to be fixed it had a great edge on it. And they "sharpened" it. I had to fix it and it took me days! So frustrating. So I pretty much resign to the fact that if I get a usa Kershaw or a ZT I'll have to reprofile it right away. Bad when your Chinese knives come sharper than the American ones!

Still love them though!

The 0640 would be a ton more popular with different scales. Even regular black CF would have made me buy one already. But that green stuff..it's just meh. Micarta would have probably made it REALLY popular. They are probably going to make a blacked out Sprint of it at some point for a premium...

Back