ZT 0223

Watch them bring out a sprint run without the speed holes after it’s discontinued.

I really hope they do, because I would buy it. (I could do without the "sawback" but that's not a dealbreaker for me. They keep saying it will be shipping in the third quarter, I hope they quietly drop the holes before then.

ZT chose not to answer me on IG when I asked what the perforations on the ricasso were added...

First the 0022, and now this lead me to the conclusion that Tim Galyean has been blackmailed by a secret consortium of high-end Chinese knife companies into becoming a knife-design saboteur, with the goal of financially crippling their Oregonian rival.

I may be in the minority, but I actually really like the 0022. Will admit, it was way too much to spend for a keychain sized knife. It has really been growing on me with use. But the 0223? Sorry, not gonna happen with my hard earned money.

Competing mall ninja designs have a seatbelt cutter, a glass breaker and a LED light. Sure, ZT got the better steel, but the value is just not there.
mtech-knife-spring-assisted-pocket-folding-led-light-tactical-with-pocket-clip

I may be in the minority, but I actually really like the 0022. Will admit, it was way too much to spend for a keychain sized knife. It has really been growing on me with use. But the 0223? Sorry, not gonna happen with my hard earned money.

An upscaled 0022 as a 0223 with a 3.75 inch blade I would buy. The 0022 has a nice shape and look to it and I think it would scale up well. Like a more clippoint version of the 0452.

There’s a lot of spot-on commentary in this thread. Not the least of which:

What is good with this release is that it make me take the jump for the 0470 [...] I was lurking at for too long

The 0640 would be a ton more popular with different scales... that green stuff..it's just meh. Micarta...

I couldn’t agree more!

Just for you:
OlF5JlQ.jpg

And I made a quick V2 of the change with the G10 more extended to the edge, I think that looks a bit better as well:
G5hYIBP.jpg
Why is it that every change you made makes it look better than ZT's own version?

Also I think the last pic made me realize one of the reasons I hate the overall aesthetic so much: that overhanging handle that impedes on the blade.

A modest proposal for KAI : form a new division , to split off from ZT all the less than purely hard use functional type knives into new line called "Loose Tolerance " .:)

LT would specialize is all the most expensive , artsy-fartsy , ironical , joke creations like the 0223 . :rolleyes:

ZT then could focus on it's original mission . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A modest proposal for KAI : form a new division , to split off from ZT all the less than purely hard use functional type knives into new line called "Loose Tolerance " .:)

LT would specialize is all the most expensive , artsy-fartsy , ironical , joke creations like the 0223 . :rolleyes:

ZT then could focus on it's original mission . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I think you have it all wrong. ZT actually means "Zero Tolerance for functional, hard-use knives."

Back